2023 Draftable players

csp911

3 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Anderson is hands down the best player and prospect in college football. It’s not even a question 

I agree he is the best prospect

but it’s also a QB league and Stroud and Young are 2 very good prospects.

It depends who has the no 1 pick, if it is the pass rusher or pass thrower.

51 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

He is but don't be surprised if Stroud is on that level by the end of the season

Will Anderson Jr had 31 tackles for loss and 17.5 sacks last year as a true sophomore in one season, and should be even better next year with arguably more talent around him and a much improved edge rusher in Dallas Turner not to mention a ton of returning DL in Eboigbe, Dale, Young and Smith.  Oh and a improved secondary as well with Battle back and Hellams, Kool-Aid returning and Jackson and the addition of Ricks not to mention Branch back and Moore back off injury which is huge.  

Sure Stroud is in the conversation as is Bryce Young but unless Will Anderson Jr totally sucks next year, he should be the best player in the country and potential #1 pick because I would assume he would be better than he was last year not worse especially with the drive and motor he has coming off that loss in the National Title game.  

With Stroud, Jaxon Smith-Njigba and Jones the Buckeyes could easily have 3 top 10 picks though.   Jones would have to improve but with how great he is as an athlete no reason he should not be a 1st round pick.  

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Will Anderson Jr had 31 tackles for loss and 17.5 sacks last year as a true sophomore in one season, and should be even better next year with arguably more talent around him and a much improved edge rusher in Dallas Turner not to mention a ton of returning DL in Eboigbe, Dale, Young and Smith.  Oh and a improved secondary as well with Battle back and Hellams, Kool-Aid returning and Jackson and the addition of Ricks not to mention Branch back and Moore back off injury which is huge.  

Sure Stroud is in the conversation as is Bryce Young but unless Will Anderson Jr totally sucks next year, he should be the best player in the country and potential #1 pick because I would assume he would be better than he was last year not worse especially with the drive and motor he has coming off that loss in the National Title game.  

With Stroud, Jaxon Smith-Njigba and Jones the Buckeyes could easily have 3 top 10 picks though.   Jones would have to improve but with how great he is as an athlete no reason he should not be a 1st round pick.  

A team is taking a potential franchise QB over an elite/special defensive prospect every day of the week if they believe in said QB (and at this point I suspect a lot of teams will believe in Stroud especially).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, .Buzz said:

A team is taking a potential franchise QB over an elite/special defensive prospect every day of the week if they believe in said QB (and at this point I suspect a lot of teams will believe in Stroud especially).

Sure maybe but when has a true sophomore but up those kind of stats against that level of competition?  And like I said he should be better this up coming year and has arguably more support around him.  Granted Stroud and Young are good but both have flaws, but where are Anderson's flaws?  Stroud and Young will have to play there way to that #1 overall spot and as of now no way they are at that point over an amazing prospect like Anderson.  All depends on how they do next year but I really do not see Will Anderson Jr having a bad year where Young and Stroud could totally have a slight slump, will see.  

21 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Sure maybe but when has a true sophomore but up those kind of stats against that level of competition?  And like I said he should be better this up coming year and has arguably more support around him.  Granted Stroud and Young are good but both have flaws, but where are Anderson's flaws?  Stroud and Young will have to play there way to that #1 overall spot and as of now no way they are at that point over an amazing prospect like Anderson.  All depends on how they do next year but I really do not see Will Anderson Jr having a bad year where Young and Stroud could totally have a slight slump, will see.  

If you're picking at the top of the draft, you are punting on being competitive until you have a franchise QB.  Will Anderson can be the next Lawrence Taylor, you still need to take QB if you don't have one and there is a franchise QB available.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Zack Harrison could go anywhere from the 1st to 7th Rounds. It's been "his year" since he's been a freshman. What a disappointing freak athlete and 5 star recruit.

Harrison lacks "it".  The fire that makes someone like a Bosa or a Chase Young a game wrecker.  Harrison is as good or a better athlete than any of them.  Just not nearly as good a football player.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Techbert said:

I enjoyed that, particularly the comment that this will be/was a good year for QB, and the debate on Stingley and Sauce. I guess Stingley did go first....

Average year for WR also didn't play out, unless they were meaning not having some clear cut generational type.