2023 Draftable players

csp911

4 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Isn't he already? I seem to recall people talking about him while they were talking about Devonte Wyatt, Jordan Davis, Travon Walker. 

I don’t know who it came from, but I remember somebody saying Carter was the best of that bunch.

Bo Nix about to school him though. Nix for #1 overall.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, swoosh said:

I don’t know who it came from, but I remember somebody saying Carter was the best of that bunch.

Yes, that's exactly what I had heard as well. 

I mean... if Nix can play to that level, I'd be a-ok with it. Whatever keeps USC down so they can focus on bringing in the kids of celebrities on fake scholarships is a positive in my books. 

On 5/9/2022 at 12:00 PM, Hunter2_1 said:

Is Bijan Robinson expected in the 2023 draft? He’s electric. Spin move is disgusting 

My early (and perhaps overly excited) comp, is Saquon. The lean and stability he gets in contact - you think he's about to face plant, but he's in total control and wins the contact, or readjusts to keep upright - just like Saquon. The power he has is impressive. The cuts and spins are making defenders look stupid. He is so hard to put down. I doubt he's as fast as Saquon was, but they definitely have similarities. He's a star, if he remains healthy

I'm usually not a huge fan of 1st round RB's but Bijan is that dude.

• Like 2

On 5/14/2022 at 7:48 PM, MagicMT said:

Credit where credit is due - @Scoundrel I'm pretty sure. Totally agree with him and Carter being a top 5 pick. 

Carter could become that but come on let us be honest here, until he does it without Walker, Wyatt, Davis, Dean, Quay Walker, Tindall  etc. surrounding him it is a question mark.

And to believe Carter will just perform equally or greater athletically than the likes of Travon Walker, Wyatt and Davis?  That is saying a bit much considering Travon Walker and Jordan Davis had historically great combines for their size and Wyatt was pretty elite as well. 

Will see how the dude does, easy to look great with great players around you.  Raekwon Davis looked great at one point as well on Bama his sophomore year and when his role increased he was not able to just perform equally to that sophomore year.  Granted Carter was good but not great last year, will be interesting how he does this up coming season.

DE Walthour, Trame

NT Logue, Zion 

DT Carter, Jalen 

JACK Smith, Nolan 

MAC Mondon Jr., Smael 

MONEY Dumas-Johnson

SAM Beal Jr., Robert RS SR

This is the starting lineup for Georgia projected, and outside of Jalen Carter, Nolan Smith and Beal there are a massive amount of questions and I cannot imagine all those question mark guys are equally as great as the players before them but will see.  

Lucky for them the secondary is solid, not as big of a question as it was this past year but that front seven helped protect them and they played good enough.  If Tykee Smith is healthy that could help a great deal and Ringo is very talented obviously and Smith/Poole and Jackson have solid experience.  

LCB Poole, William 

S Smith, Christopher 

S Jackson, Dan 

RCB Ringo, Kelee 

STAR Smith, Tykee 

Still that front seven is not lock and Jalen Carter is going to have to put in some work because he will be doubled pretty much constantly.  

How many potential 1st round QB's are there? So far I've seen so many guys mocked in the 1st including:

Bryce Young, Alabama

CJ Stroud, Ohio State

Will Levis, Kentucky

Tyler Van Dyke, Miami (FL)

Grayson McCall, Coastal Carolina

Anthony Richardson, Florida

Cam Ward, Washington State

On 5/13/2022 at 2:05 PM, swoosh said:

He was, his talent level/athleticism was evident every time he touched the field. 

20 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Carter could become that but come on let us be honest here, until he does it without Walker, Wyatt, Davis, Dean, Quay Walker, Tindall  etc. surrounding him it is a question mark

That's a good point but let's also be honest, the guys replacing those guys are studs, not saying they will be the same historic defense as last season but the guys are more than capable of doing their jobs which should let Carter be a stud on his own.

Now will he see his fair share of teams tailoring their blocking schemes to him based off of the limited film he has? Yes, but the talent is still tremendous. 

44 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

He was, his talent level/athleticism was evident every time he touched the field. 

That's a good point but let's also be honest, the guys replacing those guys are studs, not saying they will be the same historic defense as last season but the guys are more than capable of doing their jobs which should let Carter be a stud on his own.

Now will he see his fair share of teams tailoring their blocking schemes to him based off of the limited film he has? Yes, but the talent is still tremendous. 

Will see, honestly few of those dudes stood out outside of the obvious three last year.  It is a massive replacement issue, hell last year Bama had a up and down defense and they had tons of returning talent that under performed in Jobe did not have a good year, Byron Young I thought would have been better same with Eboigbe.  Harris had a up and down year, Moore was hurt, Daniel Wright was a little disappointing and so was Armour Davis and DJ Dale really disappointed I thought.  And that was with proven players returning, so Georgia it is not that easy to just replace everyone like Bama does year in and year out.

Maybe they can do it and they will be just as good but I would be kind of shocked by that one.  The entire core leadership of that team left and all the core leaders of the defense are gone.  I cannot imagine they will be that easy to replace but will see.  

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

How many potential 1st round QB's are there? So far I've seen so many guys mocked in the 1st including:

Bryce Young, Alabama

CJ Stroud, Ohio State

Will Levis, Kentucky

Tyler Van Dyke, Miami (FL)

Grayson McCall, Coastal Carolina

Anthony Richardson, Florida

Cam Ward, Washington State

Bryce Young probably locks in as a 1st rounder. 

Stroud and Levis could potentially get in that realm. 

Outside of them, I don't see many surefire guys. I think some will get the 2022 class inflation treatment, but I'm really not particularly excited about this class either. 

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Bryce Young probably locks in as a 1st rounder. 

Stroud and Levis could potentially get in that realm. 

Outside of them, I don't see many surefire guys. I think some will get the 2022 class inflation treatment, but I'm really not particularly excited about this class either. 

I think Stroud, Levis, and Young will all be first round picks. Richardson could be if he makes a major leap. I'm not too familiar with the other guys though.

On 5/13/2022 at 2:05 PM, swoosh said:

Carter impressed me more than Davis and Wyatt.

• Like 1