2023 Draftable players

csp911

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Thoughts on Bryan Breese and the DT class?

Below Jalen Carter, and some people have him below Murphy, but I do not. He's probably below him due to missing time from injury, but ability wise, he's a beast. Was rated as the No. 1 prospect in the 2020 recruiting class. He's massively athletic for his size, very long, good instincts, quickness is impressive. 

As for the class as a whole, Carter is a stud. Utter stud. I don't think we'll see any others drafted in first round other than the three listed here already, but it's early days. Might get some others join the party too

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Below Jalen Carter, and some people have him below Murphy, but I do not. He's probably below him due to missing time from injury, but ability wise, he's a beast. Was rated as the No. 1 prospect in the 2020 recruiting class. He's massively athletic for his size, very long, good instincts, quickness is impressive. 

As for the class as a whole, Carter is a stud. Utter stud. I don't think we'll see any others drafted in first round other than the three listed here already, but it's early days. Might get some others join the party too

Ideally we won't be picking super high but I'd still love to get a first round DT so Breece seems like a guy that might make it to us.

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Siaki Ika and Calijah Kancey much?  Sure Kancey has another step to take but Ika arguably was the best NT even last year, dude was a dominating force for Baylor at 350.

I have Ika the top DT at the moment draft wise.  Could see Bryan Bresee beating him out if he comes back strong off the injury and maybe Carter but still Ika was one hell of a force last year he freed up tons of guys to get a lot of pressure on Baylor last year.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Ideally we won't be picking super high but I'd still love to get a first round DT so Breece seems like a guy that might make it to us.

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/positions/DL/1/2023

https://www.drafttek.com/2023-NFL-Draft-Position-Rankings/Top-College-Defensive-Tackles-2023-NFL-Draft.asp

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2023-nfl-draft-watch-list-defense

You tend to find Bresee in the top 3 for a lot of lists. Not seeing Siaki high on many lists, but I'm not that familiar with him yet. Like I said, it's early 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Danger said:

The only Penn State guy I expect to  come out that's on my radar is CB Joey Porter Jr.

Think he's a day 2 guy.

Parker Washington with a very good year could come out early for the draft as a JR, he is a very talented receiver.  Curtis Jacobs could have a good year and come out early as a JR, arguably the best returning LB for them.  Porter for sure is the best prospect on the team right now, I think he would be a solid 1st round pick, Eli Ricks and Antonio Johnson are the only two other CBs I have ahead of Porter right now, Porter should have a great season and could have arguably went out last year but did under perform late in the season.  

On 5/17/2022 at 7:12 AM, Ozzy said:

Siaki Ika and Calijah Kancey much?  Sure Kancey has another step to take but Ika arguably was the best NT even last year, dude was a dominating force for Baylor at 350.

I have Ika the top DT at the moment draft wise.  Could see Bryan Bresee beating him out if he comes back strong off the injury and maybe Carter but still Ika was one hell of a force last year he freed up tons of guys to get a lot of pressure on Baylor last year.  

Good call with Kancey, he looks like he can be a dude 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Absolutely jumped off the screen while trying to watch Damarri Mathis this year. 

The comp with an explosive, undersized Pitt DT is obvious…and far too bold. But the kid can play.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Who is the top Safety prospect?

Brandon Joseph Notre Dame RS JR most likely, 2nd probably Catalon if he comes back strong after a some what disappointing RS SOPH year and then Jordan Battle who could have a real breakout season after a solid JR year last year.  

11 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Kancey could have a real breakout year, especially with Baldonado back who is a potential super star as well.  Kancey trains with Aaron Donald and clearly has a similar build, will see if he can take his game to the next level next year.  He has a great motor and at his size he is hard to handle and plays with good leverage.  

• Like 1

Some off-ball linebackers I'm keeping an eye on (not named Sewell, because we're all probably aware of him)

El2lP2vXgAMlfPu.jpg:large

Justin Flowe

You'll love watching this guy play. Kind of a maniac. 

6'2, 225. Very physical, straight line speed is impressive, relentless pursuit, gets into the backfield to ground the RB, emotional. Comp: What Elandon Roberts always wanted to be / Rueben Foster

y9vevw5eFKfcYLl3McL3MlPC0wXdzI8y-okC6C5Z2Dbd7OfQG6TgAn7JX96j9wjVaEy-fjsku7w=s900-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

Trenton Simpson

6'3, 235. Quickness, used to a running back, great athleticism, first step reactions impressive, could turn into an edge if he's not already considered a pass rusher. Also drops into coverage, gets out there quick with his fluidity. Comp could be between Demorio Davis and Rashaad Evans