LIONS DL COACH REVEALS WHERE HUTCHINSON AND PASCHAL WILL PLAY

Karnage84

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2022/5/3/23054554/detroit-lions-draft-plans-aidan-hutchinson-josh-paschal-position-todd-wash

RT       RG       OC        LG     LT

5T          3T                1T              RUSH

Rush EDGE:

• Aidan Hutchinson
  • Charles Harris
  • Julian Okwara
  • James Houston
  • Jessie Lemonier

Base end (5T):

• Romeo Okwara
  • Josh Paschal
  • Austin Bryant
  • Rashod Berry
  • Eric Banks

They're talking about Paschal adding on some weight and playing 3T as well. It looks like he's being slated for the Trey Flowers role as a versatile guy that can play outside as well as inside. I'm curious to know what the plan is with Austin Bryant. 

If Austin Bryant couldn't crack the line-up and be productive last year, what we have seen is pretty much as good as it gets.  Both Trey Flowers and Romeo Okwara were out most of the season and he still didn't earn a big role in our DE rotation.  He is already on the roster bubble right next to Logan Steenburg.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Just Want A Title said:

If Austin Bryant couldn't crack the line-up and be productive last year, what we have seen is pretty much as good as it gets.  Both Trey Flowers and Romeo Okwara were out most of the season and he still didn't earn a big role in our DE rotation.  He is already on the roster bubble right next to Logan Steenburg.

Agreed. I feel like we'll be adding someone else to that side of the line.

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Yup.  I didnt realize how injured he was.  I respect him pushing through it and hope being healthy leads to better results.  

Do you know what kind of impact a read scheme vs an attacking scheme might have on someone like Levi and their play/health? I know some OL talk about how they prefer to run block because you can be more aggressive and attack as opposed to having to sit back in pass protection. 

39 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Do you know what kind of impact a read scheme vs an attacking scheme might have on someone like Levi and their play/health? I know some OL talk about how they prefer to run block because you can be more aggressive and attack as opposed to having to sit back in pass protection. 

Here is the scouting report on Levi during the draft process. 

Explosive, athletic defensive tackle who has blocked punts in the past. Fires off the snap, gets a lot of force going up the field, and can be tough to stop. Clogs the middle of the line, stands up blockers, and works his hands throughout the action. Bull rushes opponents up the field and collapses the pocket. Very intense and chases the action.

It seems an attacking approach that allows him to fire off the ball and then react is better than a less aggressive approach.  

• Like 1