Bucs Offseason '22

45 minutes ago, indifference said:

he already passed em up on the depth chart. its obvious but you wanna play dumb though. Griffin was taking his snaps during this time LAST year - now you wanna see it to believe man Gtfoh

Wait, he officially passed Gabbert on the depth chart? After OTA's and Mini camp? I didn't know competitions were won in shorts and drills where not everyone is even participating hmm...

I'd love for Trask to take the next step. But if you're going to use his performance in shorts against air - as validation that he's #2 , you're football IQ is quite low. 

Here's a question: Has the LG competition been finalized in OTA's with no pads? Or the #2 RB? lol

Edited by RedandPewterReturns

17 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Wait, he officially passed Gabbert on the depth chart? After OTA's and Mini camp? I didn't know competitions were won in shorts and drills where not everyone is even participating hmm...

I'd love for Trask to take the next step. But if you're going to use his performance in shorts against air - as validation that he's #2 , you're football IQ is quite low. 

Here's a question: Has the LG competition been finalized in OTA's with no pads? Or the #2 RB? lol

wait I thought your concern was about passing Griffin since he couldnt do that last year…Way to flip fop lol

1 hour ago, indifference said:

wait I thought your concern was about passing Griffin since he couldnt do that last year…Way to flip fop lol

I'm not flip flopping at all. You said he "passed em up" meaning both? I just started reading into the OTA's and honestly, 1. I don't care what happens in OTA reps at the moment bc he was throwing against guys like Dee Delaney and apparently wasn't overly impressive. 2. If you need to change your story for him to beat Griffin, well then congrats he should beat a career long 3rd stringer. 

The fact of the matter is - and yes what are FACTS - are that he didn't beat out Griffin last year for reps during the season nor all last year in the offseason. So if he finally beats him out for the 3rd string - he can have a cookie.. bc for a 2nd round pick at QB - he needs to take over the back up job NOW. End of story. 

1 hour ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

I'm not flip flopping at all. You said he "passed em up" meaning both? I just started reading into the OTA's and honestly, 1. I don't care what happens in OTA reps at the moment bc he was throwing against guys like Dee Delaney and apparently wasn't overly impressive. 2. If you need to change your story for him to beat Griffin, well then congrats he should beat a career long 3rd stringer. 

The fact of the matter is - and yes what are FACTS - are that he didn't beat out Griffin last year for reps during the season nor all last year in the offseason. So if he finally beats him out for the 3rd string - he can have a cookie.. bc for a 2nd round pick at QB - he needs to take over the back up job NOW. End of story. 

No. First you complain about Trask not getting reps as second teamer last year over Griffin. When I told you it was a learning curve year for him so stop looking so deep into what happen last year. Fast forward to 2022, and your “he cant beat out Griffin for QB2 reps how is going to be a good qb” - is not valid. Trask has clearly shown the coaches he is ready to be a #2 since 

1) we havent heard or read reports of RG getting more PT than him during OTAs.

2) Nobody changed the story. You literally complained that a rookie couldnt beat out Griffin for snaps. He has done that this year - I bring it up and now you back pedaling. Gotcha

3) Great as long as he gets his “cookie” because you literally was about to write somebody off during a COVID off season. He will continue to grow and develop - we’ll see what happens between now and August.

Then change your wording from "beat em both out". Nothing has been impressive yet. Like i said - for a 2nd round selection at QB - he needs to show massive improvement and take the QB2 job. THIS YEAR. 

And he has shown massive improvement, you live under a rock? Yes its OTAs but guy has been getting nothing but praise so far. He is a serious contender this year for qb2. 

19 hours ago, indifference said:

No. First you complain about Trask not getting reps as second teamer last year over Griffin. When I told you it was a learning curve year for him so stop looking so deep into what happen last year. Fast forward to 2022, and your “he cant beat out Griffin for QB2 reps how is going to be a good qb” - is not valid. Trask has clearly shown the coaches he is ready to be a #2 since 

1) we havent heard or read reports of RG getting more PT than him during OTAs.

2) Nobody changed the story. You literally complained that a rookie couldnt beat out Griffin for snaps. He has done that this year - I bring it up and now you back pedaling. Gotcha

3) Great as long as he gets his “cookie” because you literally was about to write somebody off during a COVID off season. He will continue to grow and develop - we’ll see what happens between now and August.

No, i didn't complain about Trask not "getting Reps" i said it was a red flag that he didn't "Earn" the reps over Ryan Griffin as a rookie lol. If he beats out Griffin in camp, then hooray i'm "proven Wrong" but it's not entirely a damn feat i'd strive to pat myself on the back about being right or wrong about. 

19 hours ago, indifference said:

And he has shown massive improvement, you live under a rock? Yes its OTAs but guy has been getting nothing but praise so far. He is a serious contender this year for qb2. 

"massive improvement" can only be shown in actual pads and TC/Preseason. Not in shorts. If he develops and I'm wrong - great. Bc we're in no position to draft a QB next year, most likely. But for you to use OTA's to "shove it in my face" as "making improvements" is down right pathetic and quite honestly shows how giddy you get when you see a guy play in shorts and a mesh jersey in non contact drills lol. 

Hey, quick question: do you have any insight after OTA's on who might win the starting LG position? I know they're only in shorts but someone has had to impress 🤔

No, i didn't complain about Trask not "getting Reps" i said it was a red flag that he didn't "Earn" the reps over Ryan Griffin as a rookie lol. If he beats out Griffin in camp, then hooray i'm "proven Wrong" but it's not entirely a damn feat i'd strive to pat myself on the back about being right or wrong about. 

Yes you did complain. You literally said out your own mouth Bucs should of taken the CB instead of Trask last year bc he could not beat out Griffin for reps. Again, is it a red flag our third round rookie LG could not get ANY bump despite injuries on the OL? See how there’s zero consistency in your rookie expectations. 

"massive improvement" can only be shown in actual pads and TC/Preseason. Not in shorts. If he develops and I'm wrong - great. Bc we're in no position to draft a QB next year, most likely. But for you to use OTA's to "shove it in my face" as "making improvements" is down right pathetic and quite honestly shows how giddy you get when you see a guy play in shorts and a mesh jersey in non contact drills lol. 

Hey, quick question: do you have any insight after OTA's on who might win the starting LG position? I know they're only in shorts but someone has had to impress 🤔

I’m throwing it in your face because you sounded like an idiot for red flagging rookies during COVID OFF SEASON.

how hard is that to understand?

first it was this guy cant even beat out RG4 for reps…

now its “well lets wait for pads and lets disregard with the coaching staff has to stay”

bravo tip toeing bc DUH

Edited by indifference

2 hours ago, indifference said:

Yes you did complain. You literally said out your own mouth Bucs should of taken the CB instead of Trask last year bc he could not beat out Griffin for reps. Again, is it a red flag our third round rookie LG could not get ANY bump despite injuries on the OL? See how there’s zero consistency in your rookie expectations. 

I didn't say anything positive about Hainsley. He was drafted as a G/C at the end of the third. He started the year hurt himself. QB is much different pal. And yes, it's a red flag when you can't beat out a guy who has ZERO physical upside. And CB was the better pick at the time. lol 

2 hours ago, indifference said:

I’m throwing it in your face because you sounded like an idiot for red flagging rookies during COVID OFF SEASON.

how hard is that to understand?

first it was this guy cant even beat out RG4 for reps…

now its “well lets wait for pads and lets disregard with the coaching staff has to stay”

bravo tip toeing bc DUH

2021 was not a covid offseason......there was a preseason. OTA's Rookie camp, training camp. 

2020 was a COVID offseason and we won the Super Bowl with 1st and 2nd Round rookies balling. Even Tyler Johnson played solid in key moments that year. 

Stop giving dumb excuses lol. Trask had a full offseason his rookie year and still stunk. If he grows - i'll gladly eat dirt. But you college football fanboys need to cool it when your star College QB doesn't pan out. 

And for any competition or development should be determined "when the pads come on" not in shorts during OTA's lol. Bravo dummy. 

3 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

2021 was not a covid offseason......there was a preseason. OTA's Rookie camp, training camp. 

2020 was a COVID offseason and we won the Super Bowl with 1st and 2nd Round rookies balling. Even Tyler Johnson played solid in key moments that year. 

Stop giving dumb excuses lol. Trask had a full offseason his rookie year and still stunk. If he grows - i'll gladly eat dirt. But you college football fanboys need to cool it when your star College QB doesn't pan out. 

And for any competition or development should be determined "when the pads come on" not in shorts during OTA's lol. Bravo dummy. 

how can you say someone stunk when we didnt even see him play wtf. Coaches literally called it a “red shirt” year so he can get the system down. So I dont understand how u can flag someone down knowing that. 

Im far from a fanboy dude. Im just being objective to the facts. I’ve came out and said roll with Trask/Gabbert this year and if he sucks move onto the next man. I prefer Bryce Young btw

i have no attachments to Trask. All im saying is where was this energy at for Robert Hainsey? 

Yeah because no player has ever progressed in OTAs before. Literally no progression happens there. It all begins during the pads only. You being dense is just the norm at this point. Pathetic 

Edited by indifference

3 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

I didn't say anything positive about Hainsley. He was drafted as a G/C at the end of the third. He started the year hurt himself. QB is much different pal. And yes, it's a red flag when you can't beat out a guy who has ZERO physical upside. And CB was the better pick at the time. lol 

Not saying you did say anything positive about Hainsley. Im saying you didnt give him any issues not playing at all or being considered but gave Trask the business. 

I think you missing the point. Physical upside has nothing to do with playing QB bro. QB is about mental and processing / reading defenses while learning a new offense. It is not that big of a deal that they let Griffin get his reps last year. This year is a better year to judge Trask on his physical ability since at this point should have the offense down.

Not arguing CB being the better pick now just saying, there was complaints about the pick when guy hasnt even had a chance to prove himself. Asinine