• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • multiple low round picks
    • minimum 1st and more
  3. 3. What would you trade Hunt for

We have a lot of quality players on the roster at running back. All going well how do you see it shaking out?

Runningback is a highly debated position, it is clear Berry values the position. 

We had four on the roster last year, with three finding a lot of success as runners while Felton was a little weaker with his limited carries. D'Ernest Johnson is looking for a new contract and no one has signed ERF tender meaning he is ours for 2.5 million, but he is wanting more. 

We also have the highly skilled Hunt at 6.4 not GTD for one year and we have Chubb at 12 million per year. 

I anticipate that this year we will not have a fullback on the 53 man roster but will rather be on the PS and come up for games. I think we will have four legit running backs on the roster. I also anticipate that Berry maybe wanting to get cheaper at runningback. 

thoughts? 

It’s making me choose an option for trading Chubb when in reality I wouldn’t trade him for anything. I chose the first round and more option but I wouldn’t do that. 

Chubb, Hunt, Ford. In reality, either Johnson or Hunt is going to get moved. I think we still have a real advantage having both job and hunt and thank you need to roll with that personally. I think we will probably get a late round pick for Johnson. There’s not much value in the position to get better than that for him. It would be a waste to cut him though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Uhhhh why are you entertaining trading Nick Chubb? 

Let’s not think about that. It’s not happening. 

because I dont put it past Andrew Berry. Not in a bad way. 

We are in a spot where someone isnt making it and the running back market is unique. 

I am 60% sure Hunt wont be on the team if there is nay interest in him. I havent followed the runningback market all that closely so I dont know who does and doesnt have one. 

• Like 1

Chubb I’m not trading.  Like, if a team offers multiple firsts, ok, but that’s not happening.

Hunt I’d want either a second or multiple picks. You hate trading someone as good as he is, but he’s gone after this season I’d imagine.

Chubb and Ford I think are the only 2 locks for week 1.

I could see Hunt being moved in the right deal.  I could see them either trading Johnson or revoking his tender if he hasn’t signed it yet.  That said, unless the right deal presents itself, I’m expecting all 4 running backs to make the team.

Stanton could as well.  He has experience playing H back iirc and could serve as both the FB and a 4th TE.

Felton as a pure HB is in trouble imo.

• Like 2

I just assumed they'd try and develop Felton as a pass catcher but they moved him strictly to the RB room. He's shifty with the ball in his hand, but I don't like the idea of giving him carries. I just assume we trade Kareem at some point, but who knows. 

1. I absolutely refuse to trade Chubb. He's one of the best in the league, he signed a reasonable deal, and he quietly takes care of business.

2. I think I'd seriously consider trading Hunt if we got a solid return since he's gone next year. Granted, that return would need to:

A. Be worth more than the compensation pick we'd get when he walks

B. Be worthwhile from a monetary standpoint. For example, if we packaged Baker in with him and we didn't get necessarily as high of a return as we'd like BUT that team had to eat all of Baker's contract, I'd at least consider it

C. Make sure that Ford is the real deal before we trade Hunt. Chubb is THE MAN, but we've seen him get hurt and miss time, so we need a 2nd guy, and even a 3rd (D'Ernest/Ford is good), especially with our style of offense

I think the writing is on the wall for Felton to go bye bye unless he ends up becoming some hybrid RB/slot that has value, which I have doubts about.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Why would we trade Chubb after inking him to that extension? 

Trying to increase our cap and moving towards a passing based offense.

Not that I am advocating for it, rather I think that Berry might do it. I dont think they will because he is so popular, where Hunt isnt as popular and we only have one year of control so I think they may move on. 

One option  would be tampa bay. They dont have great backs, and Brady likes guys who can do everything.

20 hours ago, brownie man said:

Uhhhh why are you entertaining trading Nick Chubb? 

Let’s not think about that. It’s not happening. 

Hey, it's time to have a grown conversation, he isn't going to be elite forever. This is where Berry becomes a legend or he becomes a casualty with situations like this.  There will be a time where he is going to have to make an uncomfortable decision for the betterment of the Browns.

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Hey, it's time to have a grown conversation, he isn't going to be elite forever. This is where Berry becomes a legend or he becomes a casualty with situations like this.  There will be a time where he is going to have to make an uncomfortable decision for the betterment of the Browns.

Dog you are crazy

we resigned him to a 3 year deal

let it play it and then we’ll revisit

Even thinking about trading Nick Chubb doesn’t make sense. If we want to win why tf would trade Nick Chubb who’s on a reasonable contract? Kareem im 99% sure we’ll let walk once his contract is over, but Chubb ain’t going nowhere. 

That just makes 0 sense 

6 hours ago, brownie man said:

Dog you are crazy

we resigned him to a 3 year deal

let it play it and then we’ll revisit

Even thinking about trading Nick Chubb doesn’t make sense. If we want to win why tf would trade Nick Chubb who’s on a reasonable contract? Kareem im 99% sure we’ll let walk once his contract is over, but Chubb ain’t going nowhere. 

That just makes 0 sense 

I get that but I was just using Chubb as an example, my point is, we assembled a heluva roster with really talented guys, at some point we can't keep them all. Finally having a franchise QB won't allow us to have the roster we've been having for the past 3 years moving forward. 

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

I don't know how I could even consider saying this...but if someone were to give up a 1 and 2??????  I would have to consider it!  I don't know what the drop off will be with Hunt, Johnson, and Ford, but I am pretty confident it won't be THAT significant.  That said...if you swing and miss on those 2 picks, you look really bad.