• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • multiple low round picks
    • minimum 1st and more
  3. 3. What would you trade Hunt for

Chubb is infinitely more valuable to us than any other team so the asking price would never meet the threshold for another team to buy in. A couple of years from now he's definitely on the chopping block, but you don't resign a guy for multiple years only to flip them. What was the point of the extension then? 

I could see a scenario where Hunt is cut or traded this year, but Chubb is here for at least two more years. 

2 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I don't know how I could even consider saying this...but if someone were to give up a 1 and 2??????  I would have to consider it!  I don't know what the drop off will be with Hunt, Johnson, and Ford, but I am pretty confident it won't be THAT significant.  That said...if you swing and miss on those 2 picks, you look really bad.

For Chubb I doubt the economics match at all, we would want a 1 and something else. No one would offer that, I'm not sure the last time a runningback got a 1st in a trade? Hershel Walker?

For Hunt the economics could match, I think a 4th would be the number maybe a 5th

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

For Chubb I doubt the economics match at all, we would want a 1 and something else. No one would offer that, I'm not sure the last time a runningback got a 1st in a trade? Hershel Walker?

For Hunt the economics could match, I think a 4th would be the number maybe a 5th

The issue with Hunt is he’s really, really good.  Both on the ground and in the passing game. And despite being 27 this season, he has less than 1k career touches, so there’s a lot of tread left.

He’s the kind of dude who wins you games.  When he’s on you can simply feed him the ball and get out of the way.  

I realize the business side of things, but if we’re truly all in on winning a super bowl, I want guys like him.  We NEED guys like him.  I can see moving him in the right deal, but that deal is gonna need to be more than a day 3 pick imo.

Otherwise just let him play out the year and factor into the comp pick formula 

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The issue with Hunt is he’s really, really good.  Both on the ground and in the passing game. And despite being 27 this season, he has less than 1k career touches, so there’s a lot of tread left.

He’s the kind of dude who wins you games.  When he’s on you can simply feed him the ball and get out of the way.  

I realize the business side of things, but if we’re truly all in on winning a super bowl, I want guys like him.  We NEED guys like him.  I can see moving him in the right deal, but that deal is gonna need to be more than a day 3 pick imo.

The biggest problem with trading running back is that you can draft a running back straight out of college

That only costs a 3rd round pick plus he only costs 2.5 million.

Then you get a running back for 7 years.

That means a draft pick for Chubb

Is a 4th rounder.

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I agree he is a super dynamic player. More than just a runningback. His recieving is exceptional, especially with his jumping. He is our best redzone weapon by a long shot, as a runner and reciever. I also like him best as our short yardage back, if we need a yard he is who I trust the most to get it.

We have 3 guys at least who are exceptional. 

My only issue is I think Berry wants more cap space for next year, and Baker isn't generating that relief.

Edited by Kiwibrown

7 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

The biggest problem with trading running back is that you can draft a running back straight out of college

That only costs a 3rd round pick plus he only costs 2.5 million.

Then you get a running back for 7 years.

That means a draft pick for Chubb

Is a 4th rounder.

Yeah I don’t think any team would be willing to offer a pick/s that would would make moving him palatable.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah I don’t think any team would be willing to offer a pick/s that would would make moving him palatable.

Thus season comes down to 3rd round dl stepping up in a huge way.

Simple.

In order to trade Hunt, I need at least a 3rd Round pick, or a 4th Round pick and they also take Baker Mayfield and his entire contract, and that's assuming that Ford is the real deal as a runner/pass catcher out of the backfield and Johnson can take some touches this year.

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

In order to trade Hunt, I need at least a 3rd Round pick, or a 4th Round pick and they also take Baker Mayfield and his entire contract, and that's assuming that Ford is the real deal as a runner/pass catcher out of the backfield and Johnson can take some touches this year.

Good luck on that one.

The problem is that at the end of hunts 

Contract  he will be 28 and a free agent

This guarantees that Mayfield walks

Plus hunt.

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If we lose Hunt, them taking Bakers money has is the ideal situation, it clears 24 million and then we can make more dynamic moves.

2 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Good luck on that one.

The problem is that at the end of hunts 

Contract  he will be 28 and a free agent

This guarantees that Mayfield walks

Plus hunt.

Talking about a trade for Mayfield 

This what I offer 

A 4th you pick up all of his salary.

I make this offer the week before training camp starts.

2 hours ago, DawgX said:

Unless Hunt is traded or Johnson signs elsewhere, Felton is going to need to prove to be a legit threat in the passing game in order to make the team.

And considering they just decided he wasn’t worth developing at WR, things aren’t looking great for him lol 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And considering they just decided he wasn’t worth developing at WR, things aren’t looking great for him lol 

Ford was the nail in his coffin IMO. He's donezo even on the off chance we traded Hunt.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

His best shot is the PS imo.

As it stands now, he's our 5th best RB on the roster...and if we get down to it, someone else gets signed and picked up to handle carries before him. He's purely a 3rd down back out of the backfield IMO.

• Like 1