Jets 2022 General Talk

Bobby816

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

We need this DT and either Kwon Alexander or Deion Jones and our run defense could potentially be a strength.

Yup just said this in another thread, this pretty much has us complete at each level. All it would take is these guys producing and Saleh making sure everything is aligned. 

What’s the holdup on announcing the Larry deal?! Hope his agent isn’t using us to get another team to bite. 

What’s interesting is even if other teams fans hate to admit it but we are getting much more talk and smoke which does make players around the league take notice. Can only be a good thing. 

Edited by KimuraGod

1 hour ago, KimuraGod said:

What’s the holdup on announcing the Larry deal?! Hope his agent isn’t using us to get another team to bite. 

What’s interesting is even if other teams fans hate to admit it but we are getting much more talk and smoke which does make players around the league take notice. Can only be a good thing. 

Probably weighing his options. 

25 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

What are the latest rumblings on Jones?

I believe he can be had for a late round pick it’s just his salary is big. So if you trade for him are you restructuring him with an extension… or something else. It’s a lot more complicated than just trade for him when he has a 20mill cap hit this year.

I don't think we will be signing anyone of note for the remainder of the off season.  We are tight against the cap with few cut options that would enable us the sign Ogunjobi or Jones or Kwon.  If we are talking extensions, who would provide cap relief this year?

40 minutes ago, xrade said:

I don't think we will be signing anyone of note for the remainder of the off season.  We are tight against the cap with few cut options that would enable us the sign Ogunjobi or Jones or Kwon.  If we are talking extensions, who would provide cap relief this year?

Fant and McGovern. 

7 hours ago, xrade said:

Really hope we can find a way to add Larry to the DLine. If that means maybe restructuring Rankins or maybe signing Fant long term. 

3 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

Really hope we can find a way to add Larry to the DLine. If that means maybe restructuring Rankins or maybe signing Fant long term. 

If we add Larry, I assume Rankins would be released. Maybe a wash in terms of cap space. Fant is making $10M this year. I can’t see a starting LT who played decent taking a pay cut to sign an extension. 

6 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Extensions for them opens up cap space. I thought that’s what you asked. 

Gotcha.  I could be wrong, but extending them would not free up space this year since both are in the last year of their contract.  There is no bonus money to spread out over the life of the extension.  I guess they could tear up the current contract (rework) and sign a new contract (extension) to free up cap for this year.