Jets 2022 General Talk

Bobby816

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Gotcha.  I could be wrong, but extending them would not free up space this year since both are in the last year of their contract.  There is no bonus money to spread out over the life of the extension.  I guess they could tear up the current contract (rework) and sign a new contract (extension) to free up cap for this year.

I’m think that’s what they would do if Joe needed the cap space and obviously they’d get some more GTD money. Fant did say they were talking.

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I’m think that’s what they would do if Joe needed the cap space and obviously they’d get some more GTD money. Fant did say they were talking.

Can also extend Mosley and lower his cap hit.

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Unless you're team is in cap Hell.... there's always ways to move around money to create cap space.

Loomis is a master at doing that.  I'm not so sure JD would.  Then again, all the guesses on JD's style regarding the draft and FA seem to be wrong, so maybe he would.  I would love to have Larry.  If he could offer him a deal in which only $5 - $6M counts towards the cap this year, he would not have to do much other than cut Rankins.  Either McDermott and/or Edoga should be cut at some point.  Very minimal savings though.

42 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yeah if they plan on keeping him past this year. It’s crazy how his contract still doesn’t create cap savings as long as he's been with us.

Still have no clue about the Mosley hate on here. Dude was probably our best player on the team last year and people are done with him. He knows he's not 26 anymore and might take a pay cut if we can add a couple more years of guaranteed money to his deal. Mosley is a top 10 (*maybe even top 5) LB in this league. So it makes no sense to me on why people want him cut and gone.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Still have no clue about the Mosley hate on here. Dude was probably our best player on the team last year and people are done with him. He knows he's not 26 anymore and might take a pay cut if we can add a couple more years of guaranteed money to his deal. Mosley is a top 10 (*maybe even top 5) LB in this league. So it makes no sense to me on why people want him cut and gone.

No hate here.  He is a decent LB but by no means worth the money he is making.  He s 30 now and I don't see him getting better to the point of keeping him beyond this year unless he wants to get paid based on his play which would be significantly less.  The attached article kind of sums it up pretty well.

https://jetsxfactor.com/2022/01/15/cj-mosley-good-2021/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Yeah I dont get it either honestly. He's been everything we could have hoped for even at his inflated contract. 

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Biggest Vegas bet after the 1st day of schedules?

NY Jets over 5.5 wins. The world has even bought into us finally 😉 

We have a brutal opening schedule but this team was awful last year and won 4 games. This year's team should be two games better, for sure. We even have some depth so as to not completely collapse with an injury to QB, WR, CB.

It should be easy money. But I guess we'll see if we really are turning a corner or not.