Jets 2022 General Talk

Bobby816

I enjoy the hate we are getting. People talking about how difficult our schedule is, meh. The more hate we get it will make it sweeter when this team shocks people.

Lets be honest, if Wilson plays good football, we could be in any of these games. We could win or lose these games, but I don't see anything that is impossible to win.

If Wilson plays awful, then yeah we will probably be losing. But if he breaks out and is suddenly good? Then things look different.  I don't panic over a schedule, if you are good you'll find ways to win games, if you suck you suck. Just because teams were good last season, doesn't mean they will be good this season. So you never know. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

People talking about how difficult our schedule is, meh

To be honest, I never cared about who we play for the simple reason that to be the best you have to beat the best. I don’t want to see Mickey protecting Rocky by fighting scrubs. Go after Clubber Lang and beat him. Then you’re worthy of the good team moniker.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, xrade said:

To be honest, I never cared about who we play for the simple reason that to be the best you have to beat the best. I don’t want to see Mickey protecting Rocky by fighting scrubs. Go after Clubber Lang and beat him. Then you’re worthy of the good team moniker.

I never really worry about who we play either but it is good to have an “easy” game sprinkled in between the tough ones. It’s like a boxer having a tune up every few fights. The good thing is should we play close to .500 through 10 we’re in a good position to play meaningful games down the stretch. I have us winning 5 of our last 7, possibly 6 because I don’t think Miami is going to be better than us when we match up. 

7 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I never really worry about who we play either but it is good to have an “easy” game sprinkled in between the tough ones. It’s like a boxer having a tune up every few fights. The good thing is should we play close to .500 through 10 we’re in a good position to play meaningful games down the stretch. I have us winning 5 of our last 7, possibly 6 because I don’t think Miami is going to be better than us when we match up. 

From a team morale standpoint and, perhaps, a fan standpoint, having a "tuneup" game is beneficial.  I am speaking more from an external viewpoint of basing how good the Jets are based on W-L and being a true good team.  Beating up on inferior talent and losing against strong teams regardless of our record does not mean we are good or bad.  Beating up on bad teams and beating good teams means we are good with no exceptions.

A good example in Cincy.  They may have won the SB but they are not the best team in the NFL.  They were the best team on just one day.  Kudos to them.

15 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

I enjoy the hate we are getting. People talking about how difficult our schedule is, meh. The more hate we get it will make it sweeter when this team shocks people.

Lets be honest, if Wilson plays good football, we could be in any of these games. We could win or lose these games, but I don't see anything that is impossible to win.

If Wilson plays awful, then yeah we will probably be losing. But if he breaks out and is suddenly good? Then things look different.  I don't panic over a schedule, if you are good you'll find ways to win games, if you suck you suck. Just because teams were good last season, doesn't mean they will be good this season. So you never know. 

The Schedule ranking is over rated. All these teams have changed and then you add injuries during pre season and all the other factors. The Ravens lose Jackson all of a sudden that first game is easier. Then you add that fact that sometimes the team will click and do well like the Jets did against Tampa Bay. 

Everybody’s favorite, number talk

Mims is hinting that he is going back to his old Baylor #15, which also means Jermaine Johnson most likely bought his old FSU #11 from Mims

Edited by Abe56

Speaking of Mims how he is doing?   I am hoping for a big step in production this year.  We all were so excited about the Jets drafting him.  I want to break the Round 2 curse plaguing the Jets the past few years.

1 hour ago, famousj said:

Speaking of Mims how he is doing?   I am hoping for a big step in production this year.  We all were so excited about the Jets drafting him.  I want to break the Round 2 curse plaguing the Jets the past few years.

We don’t know for sure but reports are he looks good. Add some muscle. But right now we don’t know anything. He’s still probably so far down the depth chart he’ll never get a fair shot.