Jets 2022 General Talk

Bobby816

On 5/19/2022 at 5:29 AM, KingOfNewYork said:

We don’t know for sure but reports are he looks good. Add some muscle. But right now we don’t know anything. He’s still probably so far down the depth chart he’ll never get a fair shot.

Didn't he like almost die due to food poisoning? 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Didn't he like almost die due to food poisoning? 

He got pretty sick eating salmon in the Jets cafeteria.  Lost some weight and it took a while to build himself back up.  Things have not gone smoothly for him since being drafted.  This should be the year he shows the coaches what he can do for the team or he plays for someone else next season.  There are few excuses now.

Just now, xrade said:

He got pretty sick eating salmon in the Jets cafeteria.  Lost some weight and it took a while to build himself back up.  Things have not gone smoothly for him since being drafted.  This should be the year he shows the coaches what he can do for the team or he plays for someone else next season.  There are few excuses now.

Mims from a H/W/S perspective is similar to Julio Jones, if you guys do move on I hope that we take a look. Might be hard for him to get reps with Wilson, Moore, and Davis all there. But in a best case scenario he could provide a cheap replacement for Davis and be apart of a young trio with your other two WR.

31 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Mims from a H/W/S perspective is similar to Julio Jones, if you guys do move on I hope that we take a look. Might be hard for him to get reps with Wilson, Moore, and Davis all there. But in a best case scenario he could provide a cheap replacement for Davis and be apart of a young trio with your other two WR.

So bc of Davis' injury history and him having a cuttable contract after this year. In an "ideal" world... Davis plays great to start out the year along with the youngsters in Moore and Wilson to really help progress Zach. Davis gets injured mid season and Mims has shown enough that he's the slide in replacement for Davis on the outside. And then Mims balls out to finish the season and we now have a 3 headed young WR group of Moore, Wilson and Mims.

This is all very optimistic and needs a lot of things to happen. But it's not incredibly far fetched bc Davis does get injured quite a bit and Mims should be 100% this season. Something we've yet to really see from him through 2 seasons. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

So bc of Davis' injury history and him having a cuttable contract after this year. In an "ideal" world... Davis plays great to start out the year along with the youngsters in Moore and Wilson to really help progress Zach. Davis gets injured mid season and Mims has shown enough that he's the slide in replacement for Davis on the outside. And then Mims balls out to finish the season and we now have a 3 headed young WR group of Moore, Wilson and Mims.

This is all very optimistic and needs a lot of things to happen. But it's not incredibly far fetched bc Davis does get injured quite a bit and Mims should be 100% this season. Something we've yet to really see from him through 2 seasons. 

Davis is solid and I like Mims potential as well. But I'm really excited to see how you guys use Wilson/Moore. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Davis is solid and I like Mims potential as well. But I'm really excited to see how you guys use Wilson/Moore. 

I think we have Davis and Wilson on the outside with Moore in the slot as our main set. Can't forget that we just resigned Berrios who has bene consistent. He's more a slot guy for us and a great ST guy. We didn't overpay for him, so we aren't forced to make him think he has a HUGE role. Where there could be an issue for Mims is that Berrios is more proven and Moore can play the outside. So in an event where either Davis or Wilson get injured.... are we just sliding Mims into that outside WR spot or are we moving Moore outside and playing Berrios as the slot. Berrios being more proven I think is more likely. But if Mims can show he's ready... he can make that a closer decision than we think. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I picked you guys as my breakout team, think Moore/Davis/Wilson with Hall/Carter, your improved OL, and Wilson in year 2 can take a huge leap.

I think there will be a big difference in our defense with Sauce and Reed at CB over what we had last season. And if we have a healthy DL, they will harass the QB. We have more talent at DE than last season, JFM is going to be use at DT more for pass rushing and he is much better there. 

I think Wilson breaks out. He is too talented and his work ethic is too strong for him to just completely fold. I would be disappointed if he flops. I love that he got up to 221 pounds, he looks like a NFL player now. He was only 208 last season. 

• Like 1

Fact is is the media will bash us this season.

We are for the 1st time in a long time getting some respect and people see us making the right moves. But the schedule sets up for us to fail early. Now we as fans know that we aren't expecting a CIN type jump this season. Just big steps in the right direction. But expect when/if we start out rocky bc we play very good teams for the media to bash us that we're the same ol Jets. 

25 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

I think there will be a big difference in our defense with Sauce and Reed at CB over what we had last season. And if we have a healthy DL, they will harass the QB. We have more talent at DE than last season, JFM is going to be use at DT more for pass rushing and he is much better there. 

I think Wilson breaks out. He is too talented and his work ethic is too strong for him to just completely fold. I would be disappointed if he flops. I love that he got up to 221 pounds, he looks like a NFL player now. He was only 208 last season. 

How Wilson, AVT, and Becton progress this year will be huge for how you guys build moving forward.

11 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Fact is is the media will bash us this season.

We are for the 1st time in a long time getting some respect and people see us making the right moves. But the schedule sets up for us to fail early. Now we as fans know that we aren't expecting a CIN type jump this season. Just big steps in the right direction. But expect when/if we start out rocky bc we play very good teams for the media to bash us that we're the same ol Jets. 

Comes with the territory of being in NYC. Joe Douglas has definitely done an excellent job with the rebuild. He has been patient, invested into the trenches, hired a good coaching staff, drafted a potential franchise QB, and put pieces around him. That's really all that you can do. 

I don't think the W/L really matter a great deal cause you guys are still such a young team but you want to see progress.

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

oh i see you all are still holding out hope for mims

Aint no pressure now though, going into last season it felt like we needed him to solidify himself as a #2 type WR, but now with Wilson, Moore and Davis and a breakout by Berrios, only really need Mims to be a #5 WR.  If it works out great, got a high upside #4 or 5 and if it doesnt their is plenty of other strong options for Zach

11 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

oh i see you all are still holding out hope for mims

Why not? He has an elite physical profile, was productive in college, is a former 2nd round pick, flashed as a rookie, and a lot of his struggles were outside of his control.