Jets 2022 General Talk

Bobby816

19 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

If there is a silver lining it will be over a year from the injury so hopefully he is come week 1.  It's weird that NO paid Maye that much because his was mid year.  Do they really think he'll be 100% come week one?

I wonder how long it will be until Sherwood is 100% too. 

1 minute ago, NewAge said:

I wonder how long it will be until Sherwood is 100% too. 

Yeah I'm not really sure what to make of these injuries.  Is 12 months enough?  Do they need more to be 100% again?  It's different for everyone I suppose.

20 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Yeah I'm not really sure what to make of these injuries.  Is 12 months enough?  Do they need more to be 100% again?  It's different for everyone I suppose.

Ya everyone heals differently. And not every injury is the same too. I just hope the medical staff has made adjustments to the way the players train. Bc whatever we did these last couple seasons… we need to stop. We’re one of the worst most injured teams constantly. So it’s not just a coincidence. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya everyone heals differently. And not every injury is the same too. I just hope the medical staff has made adjustments to the way the players train. Bc whatever we did these last couple seasons… we need to stop. We’re one of the worst most injured teams constantly. So it’s not just a coincidence. 

The MetLife turf might be a serious factor here. 

We should have 2 guys in the DROY and OROY talks.

LBs and DEs have the advantage when it comes to this awards, so it might be hard for Sauce to win, but that doesn't mean he cant play great. JJ it will come down to his playing time and sack numbers. It's a statistic driven award... so Sauce will have to get INTs and JJ will have to get sacks.

On offense it's more wide open. I see the big threat being Pickett in Pitt. QBs have a slight advantage in this award and he has weapons all around him in Harris, Johnson, Claypool, Pickens and Freirmuth. So he should be able to put up stats. For us though Hall I think is more of a favorite for me than Wilson. Hall I think starts the season getting around 60% of the work and I think might even get more as the season goes on. That's still keeping him fresh with Carter getting work, but if Hall is balling out.... he's going to get more than 60%. Will 60% of our RB touches be enough for him to be in that OROY talk? I think so. Because we'll be a run 1st team and Hall will get the goal line touches as well. Now to Wilson... I think he will have a good rookie year. But something that I haven't been able to say in decades, is that I'm just not sure he gets enough touches to win OROY bc we have good weapons. Davis, Moore, Berrios, Uzo, Conklin, Hall and Carter will get their touches too... so I just cant see Wilson quite yet getting that 1k 8td season. I think he will be that guy, but maybe not as a rookie.

At the end of the day OROY or DROY means nothing as long as these guys are playing good. All 4 should be starters, so they will get opportunity. Add that with last years class... and we have a lot to look forward to hopefully. It will still come down to Wilson on how good this team can actually be. On paper we have the potential to make a HUGE progression and make a playoff push perhaps. But that's on paper, realistically I think we're more of a .500 team type progression and continue to build the right way and after next offseason are that playoff caliber team. 

I just don't how Douglas could have played this draft any better than he did. On paper he gets a A++. If we have any questions it is at LB core, Mosley, is a tier one player the rest are a  bunch of no name players. But who knows maybe one of the Lb"s on our roster will step up. Two of our first three draft picks were on defensive yet he still drafted two top offensive players for Wilson. Our roster hasn't looked this good in years.

Here are my thoughts.

A lot of reports and scouts are saying yes the Jets won the draft by far but now are saying this is probably one of the best drafts for a team to come out of the draft in recent history. 

This will be a running team big time. You are going to see this team run 25-30 times a game if they can. Hall and Carter will get 12-15 carries each. They don't want to put the football in Wilson's hands unless they have too. This is going to be very good for Wilson now he does not have to play hero ball. 

26 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Here are my thoughts.

A lot of reports and scouts are saying yes the Jets won the draft by far but now are saying this is probably one of the best drafts for a team to come out of the draft in recent history. 

This will be a running team big time. You are going to see this team run 25-30 times a game if they can. Hall and Carter will get 12-15 carries each. They don't want to put the football in Wilson's hands unless they have too. This is going to be very good for Wilson now he does not have to play hero ball. 

Every report I see is the same and actually true. The Jets did incredible last draft, this FA period and this draft. But the team moving forward will 100% depend on Wilson. So it's hard to say to what extent the Jets will improve. The one thing we do know is that there's 0 excuses now. Good OL, Good RBs, Good TEs and Good WRs. All when he's in his 2nd year and 2nd year in the same system.

I'll continue to set my expectations to around that .500 mark. I for sure don't think he plays like Burrow in Year 2. Let's not forget Burrow was great as a rookie, he just got injured. Wilson wasn't great as a rookie. But now has more pieces around him.

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

Perhaps.  I think what the Jets did was set themselves up to run the ball if they want or pass the ball if they want.  On paper, it looks like a well balanced O.  We won't know and I doubt even LaFleur knows how this will all play out.  It could be one unit looks better pre-season and LaFleur leans on that.  Or it could be game specific depending on the opposing D.  What this also does, which I believe you are alluding to, is provide the team with a competent offense should Zach blow.

Don't blow, Zach.  Good T-shirt.

42 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Every report I see is the same and actually true. The Jets did incredible last draft, this FA period and this draft. But the team moving forward will 100% depend on Wilson. So it's hard to say to what extent the Jets will improve. The one thing we do know is that there's 0 excuses now. Good OL, Good RBs, Good TEs and Good WRs. All when he's in his 2nd year and 2nd year in the same system.

I'll continue to set my expectations to around that .500 mark. I for sure don't think he plays like Burrow in Year 2. Let's not forget Burrow was great as a rookie, he just got injured. Wilson wasn't great as a rookie. But now has more pieces around him.

Nobody is saying much, but you are 100% correct it all depends on Wilson. Our young running backs should be a huge help for him.

Rumor is Deion Jones can be had for late round pick.  He'd be on a plane already if I was JD.  Need to make that happen because it would be icing on the cake for this offseason.  A speedy LB like that already coached by our DC.  Yes please.  Passed on him once lets not make that mistake again.  

Mosley, Jones, with Quincy and Nas as depth looks so much better.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Rumor is Deion Jones can be had for late round pick.  He'd be on a plane already if I was JD.  Need to make that happen because it would be icing on the cake for this offseason.  A speedy LB like that already coached by our DC.  Yes please.  Passed on him once lets not make that mistake again.  

Mosley, Jones, with Quincy and Nas as depth looks so much better.

Still has a bunch of years in his prime and perfect for our defense.  Most LBers go for a 5th-6th, IDC if we gave up a 4th.  Or pulled a JD where we trade a 4th and Jones plus a 6th.

• Like 1