Jets 2022 General Talk

Bobby816

11 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Saints' WR Michael Thomas will be cut and designated as post June 1 cut.  I know he lacked of playing time in past 3 seasons but his talents are appealing.  Hopefully, JD manages to score him at good price.  No contract trap please.

I'd be interested. Every year, there is at least 1 big name that takes a prove it type of deal. I think he's going to be the one because of his injuries and age. He may go to where there is a answer at QB though. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I'd be interested. Every year, there is at least 1 big name that takes a prove it type of deal. I think he's going to be the one because of his injuries and age. He may go to where there is a answer at QB though. 

Yeah..  Damnit. lol

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

WR isn’t our problem. Use that money elsewhere. We need money for a QB and to get a few pieces on the D. I’d rather see us keep the youth movement on offense and use our valuable picks there. Go OL Round 1

It is.   Moore and Mims haven't stepped up.  Davis offers nothing. That goes to Wilson as only a solid WR next season, barring sophomore slump.

Getting Carr and Thomas wont' slow down young movement.  

OL situation is a problem because unlike QB and WR, I don't know if signing other veterans or drafting other kids will fix OL issue immediately.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

It is.   Moore and Mims haven't stepped up.  Davis offers nothing. That goes to Wilson as only a solid WR next season, barring sophomore slump.

Getting Carr and Thomas wont' slow down young movement.  

OL situation is a problem because unlike QB and WR, I don't know if signing other veterans or drafting other kids will fix OL issue immediately.

Obviously Wilson is legit. Has Moore not stepped up? Or is he not being used right and has awful QB play? I think as a talent he’s great. Just needs a guy to get him the ball. Mims I can agree needs to show more. He got opportunity finally this year and did little with it. But once again that goes back to Qab play. Davis I can take or leave. At his salary and his talent. He’s not bad. Factor in his injuries every year and that’s where I could agree to cut him. But you don’t cut him without a replacement. He’s a starter for us when healthy. And those blocking WRs are key for us in the run game as well. Which often gets overlooked with Davis and Mims. It was on display when Breece was back there. But didn’t show after. Breece will be back. Berrios for me was the disappointment. Luckily he came back on a cheaper deal. But was average on ST and offered very little in the passing game. And please let Jeff Smith go finally.

So my thoughts are if we cut Davis. Yes I’d look at WR early. Probably a big bodied guy. But if we don’t. I’m not interested in using a draft pick for a guy that would be 6th string.

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Obviously Wilson is legit. Has Moore not stepped up? Or is he not being used right and has awful QB play? I think as a talent he’s great. Just needs a guy to get him the ball. Mims I can agree needs to show more. He got opportunity finally this year and did little with it. But once again that goes back to Qab play. Davis I can take or leave. At his salary and his talent. He’s not bad. Factor in his injuries every year and that’s where I could agree to cut him. But you don’t cut him without a replacement. He’s a starter for us when healthy. And those blocking WRs are key for us in the run game as well. Which often gets overlooked with Davis and Mims. It was on display when Breece was back there. But didn’t show after. Breece will be back. Berrios for me was the disappointment. Luckily he came back on a cheaper deal. But was average on ST and offered very little in the passing game. And please let Jeff Smith go finally.

So my thoughts are if we cut Davis. Yes I’d look at WR early. Probably a big bodied guy. But if we don’t. I’m not interested in using a draft pick for a guy that would be 6th string.

Yeah.  offense is in mess but both Moore and Carter shared their own faults for their backward result this year.  You know the common in NFL as if you are struggling, they ignore you.

For sure, with better qb, our WR would be solid but having Thomas aboard would push Jets to next level.

I hope not about drafting WR to be 6th/special returner.  That spots belong to UDFA.

amazing how we didnt want anything to do with pederson and he is night and day better than saleh. we gotta get a real coach in here if we ever want to get back into the playoffs. I really hope I am wrong but it really feels like we are wasting our time with this staff. 

7 hours ago, ekill08x said:

amazing how we didnt want anything to do with pederson and he is night and day better than saleh. we gotta get a real coach in here if we ever want to get back into the playoffs. I really hope I am wrong but it really feels like we are wasting our time with this staff. 

While I like Saleh as a person, he's just too green just as his staff is. In 2 years we have not improved except that the O and D picked up some blue chip players who made us competitive. This happened in spite of the coaching staff. The O went from 28-27th in 2022 (and how much of that can we attribute to B.H.?) so our OC is just terrible. Coaches which don't know how to coach, I refer you to the Q game blow up, after a team meeting to clear the air the D goes on to near elite status. But not because of the coaching staff. 4 QB whisperers in year one of Zach's development. 

We need to replace the staff...I have to agree with you.

The only thing saving JD's bacon is the immeasurable success of the past draft and his penchant to pick up quality cuts or FA. Howbeit not every FA has worked out.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

With a better QB maybe they play better.

With a better Line or OC or WR maybe the QBs play better. 

See how we can just blame a unit. The entire offense was **** from MLF to Dan Feeny.

Your post was short, but right to the point, I AGREE WITH YOU

Moore should be getting all of Berrios’ touches/plays… it’s infuriating that this staff thinks Berrios in end around screens and out of the backfield is more of an asset than Moore. I do think though we move off of Davis…just can’t stay healthy. Guys like Noah Brown, Zach Pascal, DJ Chark, Allan Lazard are all intriguing to me

Edited by Dr.O
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Moore should be getting all of Berrios’ touches/plays… it’s infuriating that this staff thinks Berrios in end around screens and out of the backfield is more of an asset than Moore. I do think though we move off of Davis…just can’t stay healthy. Guys like Noah Brown, Zach Pascal, DJ Chark, Allan Lazard are all intriguing to me

I like Noah Brown the most.

9 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Amazing how I was pounding for Daboll not only bc I thought he’d be a great HC but what he could turn Wilson into. Now look at the NYG and Jones.