Thor: Ragnarok

Acgott

35 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I didn't exactly rave about Iron Man 3 either having it at 14 vs at 17 for IM2. 

Yea, I wasnt necessarily saying you. But I have seen the argument out there often that IM3 is so much better than IM2. Both are not good films (in the hierarchy of the MCU) But I think when the statement is made that IM2 is obviously the worst, its a cop out and there is a legitimate discussion to be had between IM2, IM3, and Thor:TDW for that dishonor. I often give The Incredible Hulk a pass in this discussion, as it was just a completely different thing going on there before the MCU was really a thing.

But I do honestly put Age of Ultron in this group. I do not think there is much redeeming out of that movie. And it gets an artificial bump in peoples rankings because its an Avengers movie. And we get to see all of them on the same screen, with a pretty cool action shot in the woods.

1. Captain America:Winter Soldier(8.5)
  2. Guardians of the Galaxy(8)
  3. Iron Man(8)
  4. The Avengers(8)
  5. Captain America:Civil War(7.5)
  6. Captain America:First Avenger(7.5)
  7. Thor:Ragnarok(7)
  8. Thor(7)
  9. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2(7)
  10. Ant-Man(6.5)
  11. Avengers:Age of Ultron(6)
  12. Iron Man 2(6)
  13. Doctor Strange(6)
  14. Incredible Hulk(5)
  15. Thor:The Dark World(5)
  16. Spider-Man:Homecoming(3)
  17. Iron Man 3(2)

1 hour ago, devils1854 said:
  1. Captain America:Winter Soldier
  2. Guardians of the Galaxy
  3. Iron Man
  4. The Avengers
  5. Captain America:Civil War
  6. Captain America:First Avenger
  7. Thor:Ragnarok
  8. Thor
  9. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
  10. Ant-Man
  11. Avengers:Age of Ultron
  12. Iron Man 2
  13. Doctor Strange
  14. Incredible Hulk
  15. Thor:The Dark World
  16. Spider-Man:Homecoming
  17. Iron Man 3

Iron Man 3 was soooo bad!

13 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Homecoming is way to low.

Yea, I was going to ask @devils1854 why so low on Homecoming? I can understand if you were disappointed by it, and you had it in the GotGV2/Ant-Man territory, but to have it only above IM3 is strange to me. 

I have to watch Homecoming again to see how I truly feel about it, but there is just no way I could ever put it under AoU, Thor:TDW, or Incredible Hulk. Id say one of these upcoming movies is more likely to crack my Top 4, than bust through my Bottom 4 at this point.

My list:

Amazing

1) Captain America: Winter Soldier

2) The Avengers

3) Iron Man

Really good

4) Spiderman: Homecoming

5) Guardians of the Galaxy

6) Captain America: Civil War

7) Ant-Man

Good

8) Captain America: The First Avenger

9) Doctor Strange

10) Thor

11) Thor: Ragnarok

12) Guardian of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Solid

13) The Incredible Hulk

14) Iron Man 3

Terribly disappointing, meh and bad

15) Avengers: Age of Ultron

16) Iron Man 2

17) Thor: The Dark World

Good enjoyable movie, much better than Dark world and slightly better than the first one.

I'd rank them like 

1. Guardians of the Galaxy
  2. Captain America:Winter Soldier
  3. Captain America:Civil War
  4. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
  5. Ant-Man
  6. The Avengers
  7. Captain America:First Avenger
  8. Avengers:Age of Ultron
  9. Spider-Man:Homecoming
  10. Thor:Ragnarok
  11. Iron Man
  12. Doctor Strange
  13. Thor
  14. Iron Man 2
  15. Incredible Hulk
  16. Thor:The Dark World
  17. Iron Man 3   

1-6 are the top ones for me then there is a small gap until 7, but 7-12 are kinda interchangeable for me, and the final 4 are were just dissapointing to me

35 minutes ago, djw4bucs said:

1-6 are the top ones for me then there is a small gap until 7, but 7-12 are kinda interchangeable for me, and the final 4 are were just dissapointing to me

I know these are all personal rankings, but I have a hard time seeing Iron Man that low. Under the likes of AoU, Ant-Man, and GotGv2 does not make sense to me. Im usually higher on Iron Man than most, but that seems very low.

It certainly could have been a much better movie had they made key scenes carry a little bit more weight to them. 

Hopefully this isn't something they ruin in Infinity Wars as I'm sure we'll see a couple main characters die. 

1 hour ago, Desperado82 said:

It certainly could have been a much better movie had they made key scenes carry a little bit more weight to them. 

Hopefully this isn't something they ruin in Infinity Wars as I'm sure we'll see a couple main characters die. 

Based on?

32 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Based on?

That has kind of been the assumption for a while now. And honestly if they continue to keep these battles as low stakes as possible, it will be pretty disappointing.

Currently the most consiquesces The Avengers have faced themselves up until this point are an agent getting killed off 5 years ago (who is actually dead but none of them know that), another super human that none of them actually know who was in like 10 min of a movie, and Rhodey breaking his back. 

3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I know these are all personal rankings, but I have a hard time seeing Iron Man that low. Under the likes of AoU, Ant-Man, and GotGv2 does not make sense to me. Im usually higher on Iron Man than most, but that seems very low.

I am ranking these movies via enjoyment, i enjoyed antman, GOTGv2 and Thor 3 more than i enjoyed Ironman, all were good movies but i personally enjoyed those movies more than Ironman

On 11/6/2017 at 3:24 PM, StLunatic88 said:

Yea, I wasnt necessarily saying you. But I have seen the argument out there often that IM3 is so much better than IM2. Both are not good films (in the hierarchy of the MCU) But I think when the statement is made that IM2 is obviously the worst, its a cop out and there is a legitimate discussion to be had between IM2, IM3, and Thor:TDW for that dishonor. I often give The Incredible Hulk a pass in this discussion, as it was just a completely different thing going on there before the MCU was really a thing.

But I do honestly put Age of Ultron in this group. I do not think there is much redeeming out of that movie. And it gets an artificial bump in peoples rankings because its an Avengers movie. And we get to see all of them on the same screen, with a pretty cool action shot in the woods.

I was so let down by AoU. The previews gave me such high expectations and along with Ultron being such a devastating character in the comics I had hopes that at least one of the main characters would get killed off. 

But...didn't play out that way. I honestly feel like Civil War should actually be considered the second Avengers movie as opposed to AoU.

11 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

That has kind of been the assumption for a while now. And honestly if they continue to keep these battles as low stakes as possible, it will be pretty disappointing.

Currently the most consiquesces The Avengers have faced themselves up until this point are an agent getting killed off 5 years ago (who is actually dead but none of them know that), another super human that none of them actually know who was in like 10 min of a movie, and Rhodey breaking his back. 

I'll actually be legitimately upset if none of the main Avengers are killed off. While I like the majority of the MCU characters and would be happy to see more movies or cameos or whatever, we've made it through a Civil War storyline and a Ragnarok storyline without Cap or Thor dying. They had some potential for good sendoffs for those characters, so I'm hoping that (assuming Thor and Cap are done as major players after Infinity War) they give them the sendoffs they deserve soon.

Archived