Bears Postgame: AKA a thread nobody will post in

Norm

1 hour ago, pollino14 said:

Idk if this has been discussed already or not; but what did everyone think about Trubisky? I definitely see talent there. He made a few real good throws, but in other times his mechanics were real sloppy. Seems to have a longer delivery too. His offensive line and WRs aren't exactly world beaters and are doing him no favors, in yet he had a fairly solid game. I was more impressed by him than I thought I would be. 

Unfortunately it appears the Bears might have found a QB.  ;)   It isn't easy to know for sure because of the talent - or lack thereof - around him plus the fact he is a rookie.

24 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Unfortunately it appears the Bears might have found a QB.  ;)   It isn't easy to know for sure because of the talent - or lack thereof - around him plus the fact he is a rookie.

That's a real weird thing to think about for me lol. I'm only 26, and don't EVER remember The Bears having a good QB, Buffalo too. Like it's so unfathomable to think about. 

14 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Second half... yes first half I don’t know. Faking going for it on your own 30 and then calling a time out?... very stupid. 

How was that Mike's fault? Hundley should've let the clock run out, it was smart of McCarthy to try to draw them offsides. 

I liked some of the runs Mac drew up and how he stuck with the run game. 

Had to watch the game on my phone at work. My thoughts overall:

1. Hundley played better,  made some throws. Still not at a level needed to beat better teams but good enough to beat lesser teams.

2. Williams showed some power. Guy still cant create and runs right into the pile but at least the pile was moving Sunday.

3. I was wondering why Hundley wasnt running more when it was wide open to do so.  Must have hurt hammy early.

4. On D, pass rush showed up. Best game since Week 1. Still not much from Clay but Perry was a beast and Daniels played his best game since Week 1, coming off an awful performance v. Detroit.

5. Defense finally did what we have needed since Rodgers went down, gave us a chance to win by getting some stops. After 2 straight embarrassing performances, this was much better. That being said, doing it against Trubisky and that offense doesn't mean much. There has never been a question of whether this defense can hold its own against poor offenses, especially poor passing offenses. That's what this was. 

Archived