Bears Postgame: AKA a thread nobody will post in

Norm

18 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'm not gonna lie, it would have been nice to be able to shut off the optimism and go to 0% Optimism for the season.  Now I have to operate at 75% Optimism.  That was a clutch performance by Hundley, and could very well have been a turning point in his young career.  The Bears offense might not be all that great, but their defense sure has been.  With an even worse offense coming to Green Bay next week, it's very possible we'll be sitting at 6-4.  With the Buccaneers and Browns also on the schedule, the difference between 8-8 and missing the playoffs and 10-4 and losing our first playoff game makes the draft position negligible.

If we win against the Ravens next week, I'm all in on the season because it's too long to wait for the next one.  The Patriots are the only team in the AFC we can't beat if we somehow get to the Super Bowl.  People will say Pittsburgh, but Ben Roethlisberger does not use Brown the way he should, and he's not all that great.  With Rodgers, there isn't a team in the NFC we can't beat. 

Makes the season fun again.  Wish it was against a better team, but I'll take it. 

I want a top ten pick darn it!!!!

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

The Bears won the challenge though. 

Yeah. We lost. The greatest challenge loss in GB history.

I guess technically the other team doesn't lose because the other team won their challenge though. 

Just now, St Vince said:

I want a top ten pick darn it!!!!

I was too, but it's not happening anymore. 

Texans, Bears, Bengals, Buccaneers, Colts, Giants, Browns, Niners, Chargers, Jets and probably Broncos are picking before us at this point and that's pretty much a lock after today. 

4 minutes ago, strat1080 said:

Why would it? They gave up 340 yards, 5.3 YPP, and 23 points. If this is considered a bad performance, what would you call some of the terrible performances Capers defenses?

Those who praised Vic basically said we had the worst offense in football and were the browns. Isn't losing to the browns bad?

6 minutes ago, strat1080 said:

Why would it? They gave up 340 yards, 5.3 YPP, and 23 points. If this is considered a bad performance, what would you call some of the terrible performances Capers defenses?

Yep, one game hasn't changed my view on Fangio at all. If he's available and we have a vacancy I hope he's in the running.

14 minutes ago, jontat83 said:

Yep, one game hasn't changed my view on Fangio at all. If he's available and we have a vacancy I hope he's in the running.

Oh nothing changed there. It's just funny to joke because if he was our DC and he lost to the team he just did he would be getting murdered here.

Also I wish we lost. It's boring in here. I need my weekly lunacy

1 hour ago, strat1080 said:

No no no

We ignore decent and good and even great performances against bad or ok offenses.

Archived