2023 Draft Talk

swede700

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

If Hunter is traded it accelerates nearly $6M on to the salary cap. Other moves would need to be made in order for a trade to happen. 

That’s very minimal cap ramifications if your moving Hunter in a trade for your QBOTF. You just restructure O’Neil, or cut/trade Cook and enjoy your QBOTF. 

Edited by CriminalMind
  • Like 1

It’s difficult to get a bead on Kentucky quarterback Will Levis, who has ignited social media and sports coverage with his quirky behavior. He also happens to be one of the most polarizing players in the 2023 NFL Draft.

The Levis scouting report is a study in contrasts in the same way. As a player often compared to other improvisational quarterbacks like Brett Favre, Ben Roethlisberger, Jay Cutler, Jameis Winston, and others, it’s interesting that his scouting report lauds him as perhaps the most Day 1-ready quarterback in the draft.

Levis’ scouting report is a study in contrasts, just like Levis the person. A jokester who is deadly serious, it might be a while before the national media gets a good understanding of who Will Levis is.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/will-levis-contains-multitudes/

Levis is a pretty smart dude, but yes, quirky.  This explanation of the whole mayo thing makes a hell of a lot more sense now, as it appears that he and his girlfriend weren't really being serious.  

4 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

If Hunter is traded it accelerates nearly $6M on to the salary cap. Other moves would need to be made in order for a trade to happen. 

Wouldn't the trade of Cousins free up that 6M?

36 minutes ago, Vikes22 said:

That’s how I feel about Richardson. 

That's how I'd feel about Richardson if the Vikings weren't in the position they're in with having Kirk being the QB for at least this year.  Richardson isn't in a position where he should start Year 1. 

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

From the article:

"That doesn’t mean he’s pursued deals at all costs. The family explained that though he built up a perfect opportunity to strike a NIL deal with a mayonnaise brand, they turned it down. As Beth Levis said in language reminiscent of the business space, “It’s something we’d like to redirect.”

They also turned down other deals so that Levis had more time on task. Some of the deals are compensated in ways that help others, too. With Malone’s Steakhouse, he ensured his offensive linemen could eat out for free once a week. Teammates benefited from free rounds of golf. He also used the new NIL rules to sell autographs in order to raise money for disaster victims in Kentucky.

For a quarterback well known for playing an aggressive, freestyle type of football, Levis is remarkably calculating.

A lot of analysts point to processing speed and recognition as a worry, but Levis also scored highly on the S2 visual cognition test, which tests how quickly a person can recognize new visual information, process changes, recognize images, and accurately gauge depth.

The ex-Kentucky quarterback’s work ethic was legendary at the program. He was named a team captain only eight days into practices and before he had been named the starter. He picked up the playbook better than players who had been there for years. He also threw 23 interceptions in two years, among the most in the class.

The Levis scouting report is a study in contrasts in the same way. As a player often compared to other improvisational quarterbacks like Brett Favre, Ben Roethlisberger, Jay Cutler, Jameis Winston, and others, it’s interesting that his scouting report lauds him as perhaps the most Day 1-ready quarterback in the draft. Much of that has to do with his experience in NFL schemes, particularly in the McVay/Shanahan system that has become so popular across the league."

i like the guy, his abilities, and his penchant for adapting. fine with me if the FO bigwigs make their move for him.

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

He was named a team captain only eight days into practices and before he had been named the starter.

this takes care of my concern that his elite upbringing might separate him from teammates who grew up in poorer and less educated surroundings.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I think we already knew this, but I'll post it nonetheless.

According to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, San Francisco has been fielding calls about a potential trade for Trey Lance. Rapoport’s Wednesday morning reporting does not mention any teams with interest and notes no trade is imminent. But with the 49ers making it clear that Brock Purdy is likely the club’s starter when he’s healthy, teams have inquired about Lance.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/04/19/report-49ers-fielding-trade-calls-on-trey-lance/