16. WAS - Deonte Banks, CB Maryland
17. PIT - Broderick Jones, OT Georgia
18. DET 
19. TB 
20. SEA 
21. LAC
22. BAL 
23. MIN

what if the board fell like this (unlikely) would you trade yet again with Detroit and grab Will Levis? before Tampa Bay, or even Seattle did?

Just now, PrplChilPill said:

How good was Lance, really? Is he elite?

He was one of those guys that @Vikes22 referred to as solely having "UPSIDE."  Thus far, it hasn't worked out for him like it did for Josh Allen.  He sat out his rookie year developing behind Garoppolo but then got injured severely really early in the season last year.  There's still a chance for him, but he needs to get on the field rather quickly.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

He was one of those guys that @Vikes22 referred to as solely having "UPSIDE."  Thus far, it hasn't worked out for him like it did for Josh Allen.  He sat out his rookie year developing behind Garoppolo but then got injured severely really early in the season last year.  There's still a chance for him, but he needs to get on the field rather quickly.   

Ah, for some reason I thought he played the year before....

47 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Just for fun, would you rather:

A) Trade up from #23 for Levis or Richardson

or 

B) Trade #23 to San Francisco for Trey Lance and picks #99, 101 and 102? (This trade values Lance at about the 43rd overall pick).

Option A for sure. And I’m a big Trey Lance guy, but I’m not giving up anything more than the 87th pick for him this year.

But I’d definitely consider a post draft trade that would see the Vikings trade Cousins to San Francisco with Lance coming back to MN as part of the deal. 

• Like 3

Ugh. I seriously don’t get the hype about Lance. Even when he was coming out of college. I want no parts of him. He isn’t worth any type of trade that SF could want.  I’d rather stick with Cousins for five more years. I’m not even a huge fan of Cousins, like at all. 

What did Lance do at college that warrants these mock trades? What has he done in the NFL that is worthy of consideration? 

Is it just because he was a high pick?  High picks are garbage all the time and it doesn’t translate to actual value. Most I would trade for Lance is like a 4th rounder. At most. SF has “had talks”.  And? So what….  SF acting like they’re trying to get rid of a Lawrence or a Luck level prospect. IF, and I repeat IF these rumors are true, then just keep Cousins and resign him if that’s what we are entertaining. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Morlee said:

SF acting like they’re trying to get rid of a Lawrence or a Luck level prospect.

I don't think that's even close to what's being proposed.  And even so, there's been no discussion of even the parameters of a trade, so I believe you're just purely being hyperbolic with such a statement.

I understand not being excited about Lance as a prospect, especially because I believe he went too high and hasn't delivered on it.  However, I certainly would have considered him at 14 were he available then, because he needed to sit on the bench for at least a year, which he did in SF and would have here as well.  It did work out though, as the Vikings ended up with Darrisaw.  

The reality is that he's certainly nowhere near washed up as a prospect because he only turns 23 yrs old next month.  There's still plenty of time for him to develop and the tools are there for him to do so.  But, he has to stay healthy to do so, which he didn't do when he had his opportunity in SF.  

• Like 5

If the draft doesn't go the Vikings way and they don't get the QB that they want, I could see them trying to make a trade for Lance after the draft. 

They could give Lance a year to see what he can do and if he doesn't look like he's going to work out, work on drafting a qb next year again

• Like 2

While some prospects spend the weeks before the draft crisscrossing the country and visiting most of the teams in the NFL, Pitt defensive tackle Calijah Kancey has had a quiet draft season. Kancey said on NFL Network that he didn’t visit a single team facility.

That doesn’t mean teams aren’t interested in Kancey. In fact, he has a good chance of going in the first round of the 2023 NFL draft. But sometimes a player has already answered every question about him, and Kancey is one of those players. He was the ACC Defensive Player of the Year in 2022, and he ran the fastest 40-yard dash in Combine history for a defensive tackle. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/04/19/first-round-prospect-calijah-kancey-took-no-team-visits/

When I just saw that article, that pretty much tells you that teams already know what they need to know about him, good or bad.  It could also be that everyone surrounding him that knows him was pretty open about him, which is likely a good thing. 

Longtіme NFL reрorter Mіke Sіlver, who аlѕo wrіteѕ for the Sаn Frаnсіѕсo Chronісle reрorted the followіng on Trey Lаnсe’ѕ mаrket:

“Even іf the Nіnerѕ аre reсeрtіve to рotentіаl trаde offerѕ for Lаnсe, they won’t сome сloѕe to reсouріng thаt hаul. Bаѕed on my сonverѕаtіonѕ wіth ѕeverаl teаmѕ’ generаl mаnаgerѕ (аnd other hіgh- rаnkіng front-offісe exeсutіveѕ), Lаnсe would be unlіkely to net muсh more thаn а thіrd- round ѕeleсtіon, though іt’ѕ рoѕѕіble there’ѕ а teаm out there motіvаted to gіve more.”

Sіlver аlѕo noted the ѕuррoѕed сomрetіtіon between Purdy, Lаnсe аnd Dаrnold іѕ Purdy’ѕ to loѕe. Bаrrіng а meltdown of eріс рroрortіonѕ, Purdy wіll return аѕ the ѕtаrter, whісh mаkeѕ Lаnсe even more exрendаble.

https://toathuoc.com/this-minnesota-vikings-trey-lance-trade-package-could-work-kieu-linh

drop down from 23 and pick up another 3rd, and use it on Lance?

here's a question... if they both cost a 3rd, who would you rather have - Trey Lance or Hendon Hooker...?