2023 Draft Talk

swede700

2 minutes ago, Hamsterdam said:

A Lance trade is really intriguing, but if Kyle Shananhan doesn't think he can get something out of him that's really concerning - especially after trading so much to get him.

But is it that he thinks he can't get something out of him, or because Purdy showed so much late last year that they are planning on him. I suspect that some of it might be that they are worried how good Lance can develop to be. But I think more of it is stick with Purdy and get something/anything back for Lance.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hamsterdam said:

A Lance trade is really intriguing, but if Kyle Shananhan doesn't think he can get something out of him that's really concerning - especially after trading so much to get him.

yes, but they hardly have any picks this year, because of using them on McCafferey. so something returned for Lance is something they can use...

23 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Longtіme NFL reрorter Mіke Sіlver, who аlѕo wrіteѕ for the Sаn Frаnсіѕсo Chronісle reрorted the followіng on Trey Lаnсe’ѕ mаrket:

“Even іf the Nіnerѕ аre reсeрtіve to рotentіаl trаde offerѕ for Lаnсe, they won’t сome сloѕe to reсouріng thаt hаul. Bаѕed on my сonverѕаtіonѕ wіth ѕeverаl teаmѕ’ generаl mаnаgerѕ (аnd other hіgh- rаnkіng front-offісe exeсutіveѕ), Lаnсe would be unlіkely to net muсh more thаn а thіrd- round ѕeleсtіon, though іt’ѕ рoѕѕіble there’ѕ а teаm out there motіvаted to gіve more.”

Sіlver аlѕo noted the ѕuррoѕed сomрetіtіon between Purdy, Lаnсe аnd Dаrnold іѕ Purdy’ѕ to loѕe. Bаrrіng а meltdown of eріс рroрortіonѕ, Purdy wіll return аѕ the ѕtаrter, whісh mаkeѕ Lаnсe even more exрendаble.

https://toathuoc.com/this-minnesota-vikings-trey-lance-trade-package-could-work-kieu-linh

drop down from 23 and pick up another 3rd, and use it on Lance?

here's a question... if they both cost a 3rd, who would you rather have - Trey Lance or Hendon Hooker...?

I'd still rather have Lance.  He's younger and has actually had significant time in a NFL playbook and meeting room, so he's already at an advantage.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

Longtіme NFL reрorter Mіke Sіlver, who аlѕo wrіteѕ for the Sаn Frаnсіѕсo Chronісle reрorted the followіng on Trey Lаnсe’ѕ mаrket:

“Even іf the Nіnerѕ аre reсeрtіve to рotentіаl trаde offerѕ for Lаnсe, they won’t сome сloѕe to reсouріng thаt hаul. Bаѕed on my сonverѕаtіonѕ wіth ѕeverаl teаmѕ’ generаl mаnаgerѕ (аnd other hіgh- rаnkіng front-offісe exeсutіveѕ), Lаnсe would be unlіkely to net muсh more thаn а thіrd- round ѕeleсtіon, though іt’ѕ рoѕѕіble there’ѕ а teаm out there motіvаted to gіve more.”

Sіlver аlѕo noted the ѕuррoѕed сomрetіtіon between Purdy, Lаnсe аnd Dаrnold іѕ Purdy’ѕ to loѕe. Bаrrіng а meltdown of eріс рroрortіonѕ, Purdy wіll return аѕ the ѕtаrter, whісh mаkeѕ Lаnсe even more exрendаble.

https://toathuoc.com/this-minnesota-vikings-trey-lance-trade-package-could-work-kieu-linh

here's a question... if they both cost a 3rd, who would you rather have - Trey Lance or Hendon Hooker...?

Lance. All day every day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

I don't think that's even close to what's being proposed.  And even so, there's been no discussion of even the parameters of a trade, so I believe you're just purely being hyperbolic with such a statement.

I understand not being excited about Lance as a prospect, especially because I believe he went too high and hasn't delivered on it.  However, I certainly would have considered him at 14 were he available then, because he needed to sit on the bench for at least a year, which he did in SF and would have here as well.  It did work out though, as the Vikings ended up with Darrisaw.  

The reality is that he's certainly nowhere near washed up as a prospect because he only turns 23 yrs old next month.  There's still plenty of time for him to develop and the tools are there for him to do so.  But, he has to stay healthy to do so, which he didn't do when he had his opportunity in SF.  

Hyperbolic? 

Sure, I’m not in there listening to the discussion but every rumor or report, since that’s all I have to go off of, make it seem like the 49ers would only be willing to give up Lance and a mid round pick for Cousins. And possibly us having to throw in draft compensation. 

They need to give up Lance and a first rounder(s) if that’s going to be the proposed trade. 

Also, never implied that he was washed up. Just not an exciting or superior move to just keeping Cousins. By a long shot. 

Edited by Morlee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

Hooker.. and it’s not even close. I would actually trade to the back of the 1st round and take Hooker.

Watched “ good morning football “ this morning on the nfl network and some are say that Hendon Hooker is being compared to Jalen Hurts.

just like Hurts, falls in the draft but ends up being the best in the class…

I’m all in on Hooker…

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vikes22 said:

Hooker.. and it’s not even close. I would actually trade to the back of the 1st round and take Hooker.

Watched “ good morning football “ this morning on the nfl network and some are say that Hendon Hooker is being compared to Jalen Hurts.

just like Hurts, falls in the draft but ends up being the best in the class…

I’m all in on Hooker…

They took similar paths, but they aren't even close to the same QB.  And Hurts is 7 months younger than Hooker and going into his 4th yr in the NFL. 

That's fine that you're all in on Hooker.  I could certainly be wrong.  We'll just have to see.  I still like to bring up every now and then the hill that I died on for Dwayne Jarrett here.  The Vikings took Sidney Rice instead...and they were right (even though Rice was really never as good as some thought he was in '09...that was all Favre).   

Edited by swede700

4 hours ago, vike daddy said:

1. CAR - Bryce Young, QB Alabama
2. HOU - Will Anderson Jr., EDGE Alabama
3. ARI - Tyree Wilson, EDGE Texas Tech
4. IND - C.J. Stroud, QB Ohio State
5. SEA - Jalen Carter, DT Georgia
6. DET - Christian Gonzalez, CB Oregon
7. LV - Peter Skoronski, OT Northwestern
8. ATL - Bijan Robinson, RB Texas
9. CHI - Paris Johnson Jr., OT Ohio State
10. PHI - Nolan Smith, EDGE Georgia
11. TEN - Anthony Richardson, QB Florida
12. HOU - Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR Ohio State
13. NYJ - Darnell Wright, OT Tennessee
14. NE - Devon Witherspoon, CB Illinois
15. GB - Lukas Van Ness, EDGE Iowa
16. WAS - Deonte Banks, CB Maryland
17. PIT - Broderick Jones, OT Georgia
18. DET 
19. TB 
20. SEA 
21. LAC
22. BAL 
23. MIN

what if the board fell like this (unlikely) would you trade yet again with Detroit and grab Will Levis? before Tampa Bay, or even Seattle did?

No, I would not move up for Will Levis, hopefully TB will take him at #19. That’s my opinion tho

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

What’s ppl opinion between Jordan Addison and Zay Flowers, two WRs that both might be options at #23 if the CBs are gone and there is no DL value. 

thoughts?

Hesitant with Addison in the 1st round, and out completely on Flowers in the 1st round. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vike daddy said:

1. CAR - Bryce Young, QB Alabama
2. HOU - Will Anderson Jr., EDGE Alabama
3. ARI - Tyree Wilson, EDGE Texas Tech
4. IND - C.J. Stroud, QB Ohio State
5. SEA - Jalen Carter, DT Georgia
6. DET - Christian Gonzalez, CB Oregon
7. LV - Peter Skoronski, OT Northwestern
8. ATL - Bijan Robinson, RB Texas
9. CHI - Paris Johnson Jr., OT Ohio State
10. PHI - Nolan Smith, EDGE Georgia
11. TEN - Anthony Richardson, QB Florida
12. HOU - Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR Ohio State
13. NYJ - Darnell Wright, OT Tennessee
14. NE - Devon Witherspoon, CB Illinois
15. GB - Lukas Van Ness, EDGE Iowa
16. WAS - Deonte Banks, CB Maryland
17. PIT - Broderick Jones, OT Georgia
18. DET 
19. TB 
20. SEA 
21. LAC
22. BAL 
23. MIN

what if the board fell like this (unlikely) would you trade yet again with Detroit and grab Will Levis? before Tampa Bay, or even Seattle did?

No, but first I have to say that Houston not taking Stroud at #2 is okay only if they are going to make a decision between Levis and Hooker (my vote being for Hooker if he's healthy) at #12.  If Caserio isn't coming home with a top 5 QB he shouldn't bother coming home at all.

2 Wills >= Stroud + JSN

GMs might jump into the top four for Young-Stroud but no one is trading up that far for Hooker, Levis, or Richardson...as much as I love the latter trio.

11 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

What’s ppl opinion between Jordan Addison and Zay Flowers, two WRs that both might be options at #23 if the CBs are gone and there is no DL value. 

thoughts?

I would take Addison. Is a great route runner with good hands. To me, that’s what I’m looking for in WR’s.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vikes22 said:

I would take Addison. Is a great route runner with good hands. To me, that’s what I’m looking for in WR’s.

I have Addison over Flowers as well. 

my board for that range, if they don’t want Hooker

a) Porter CB 

b) Smith DE

c) Addison WR

d) Bresee DT