2023 Draft Talk

swede700

24 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Tom Brady already had a Super Bowl ring and was on his way to his second by the time he was the same age that Stetson Bennett is now. 

He certainly wasn’t getting arrested for public intoxication and hiding from police while he was supposed to be preparing for the biggest interview of his life. At 25 years old. Yeesh.

Edited by JDBrocks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Tom Brady already had a Super Bowl ring and was on his way to his second by the time he was the same age that Stetson Bennett is now. 

Really...how important is age?  Maybe Stetson or Hooker won't have long careers if they become starters....big if I know!  I know that there would be potential benefits to someone starting older.  I really don't know that Hooker or Stetson have the potential benefits.  However, I wouldn't put age as the reason not to draft a QB.  But that's me. I would be looking at lack of intelligence and lack of maturity as reasons not to draft a QB.  I wouldn't draft Stetson because of a lack of maturity. But his age is irrelevant as far as I am concerned.

Edited by Captain Relax

Reminder With The Draft 1 Week Away:

no leaking picks please. This year could be a little interesting also with the amount of fake accounts coming out with a lot less of those blue check marks floating around on Twitter. Let’s not ruin the excitement on the forum by leaking a few picks early.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Captain Relax said:

Really...how important is age?  Maybe Stetson or Hooker won't have long careers if they become starters....big if I know!  I know that there would be potential benefits to someone starting older.  I really don't know that Hooker or Stetson have the potential benefits.  However, I wouldn't put age as the reason not to draft a QB.  But that's me. I would be looking at lack of intelligence and lack of maturity as reasons not to draft a QB.  I wouldn't draft Stetson because of a lack of maturity. But his age is irrelevant as far as I am concerned.

One reason to be concerned with age is that they are not really playing against their peers in college, like a 20 year old playing in high school, so success can be misleading. Another is the history of older draft picks, they have had a tendency to struggle.

20 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

so this is why CJ Stroud is "falling"

We’ll see how far he actually falls, but it would certainly be added to the list of why he’s 4th on my list of QBs. And frankly, it fits to an extent of what you see during games.

But, there’s also been reports out there that don’t line up with McGinn’s numbers. 

Edited by SemperFeist

9 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

We’ll see how far he actually falls, but it would certainly be added to the list of why he’s 4th on my list of QBs. And frankly, it fits to an extent of what you see during games.

But, there’s also been reports out there that don’t line up with McGinn’s numbers. 

can you lead me to those reports please? I haven't see anything else, thanks!

14 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

can you lead me to those reports please? I haven't see anything else, thanks!

I’ll have to search Twitter. But the few I saw had Richardson in the 90s with Young and Levis. That’s mainly what I’m referring to. I can’t recall seeing anything about Stroud specifically.