2023 Draft Talk

swede700

20 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Seeing as how swapping Cousins for Lance would create a similar amount of cap space as trading/releasing Cook, would you be more inclined to keep Cook?

I would.  That was actually my first thought, although it seems inevitable that he's gone so that's where my adjustment came in.  I'd much rather have Cook there to help out Lance. 

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

That’s his point. You’re going to see a lot more fake accounts with the check mark. 

Yes, I will now be questioning those with check-marks moreso than those that don't since all they have to do is pay $8 and get it.  It's a rather pointless move.  It's unfortunate what's happened, because it was a site, which while wasn't perfect, was one of the more credible social media sites, and he ruined it in record time.  It's why I'm glad I still use my lists that I created way before so I don't get inundated with nonsense and a bunch of fake accounts (although I still get a fake one to follow me almost every day, which didn't happen until the day after he took over).  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Gonna be hard ti grade Lance if he's always playing two TDs down if you draft O.....

Very true . . . At least we know Cousins can bring the team back from a deficit to win games.   In Lance's case, is he just another athlete playing QB, or can he separate tge wheat from the chaff when the chips are down?   *** cliche' for da day ***😅

• Like 3

7 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

If draft compensation needed to come from this year’s draft, my ideal trade? Sending 87 to SF. But I think a trade like what Bill Barnwell came up with for ESPN is far more realistic.

If I could make a trade in June that would involve sending Cousins to SF in exchange for Lance and some 2024 draft compensation, I’d much rather do that. 

The only way you’re trading cousins for Lance is to be putting us in line for the top QB next year. Lance is horrible and now SF is trying to get rid of him. He failed…. It happens..

would be the dumbest thing this franchise could ever do.

This is the 2023 draft talk tread. Should be talking about player who could actually help the team. Not hurt them.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Vikes22 said:

The only way you’re trading cousins for Lance is to be putting us in line for the top QB next year. Lance is horrible and now SF is trying to get rid of him. He failed…. It happens..

would be the dumbest thing this franchise could ever do.

This is the 2023 draft talk tread. Should be talking about player who could actually help the team. Not hurt them.

You must be Carson Wentz, otherwise, it's ridiculous to write off a guy who has played in a total of 8 games in his NFL career.  In Jalen Hurts' first 4 starts (which is exactly how many Lance has), his statistics were worse than what Lance's are.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, swede700 said:

You must be Carson Wentz, otherwise, it's ridiculous to write off a guy who has played in a total of 8 games in his NFL career.  In Jalen Hurts' first 4 starts (which is exactly how many Lance has), his statistics were worse than what Lance's are.  

No, just smart enough to know that there is a reason why they looking to trade him. 

Apparently, he hasn’t shown and signs of getting better. Because, no team trades 3 1st for a player and is looking to trade him 3 years later. 

SF is hoping there is a sucker team out there that want to roll the dice.

22 minutes ago, Vikes22 said:

No, just smart enough to know that there is a reason why they looking to trade him. 

Apparently, he hasn’t shown and signs of getting better. Because, no team trades 3 1st for a player and is looking to trade him 3 years later. 

SF is hoping there is a sucker team out there that want to roll the dice.

No, that typically doesn't happen.  But, I'd roll the dice if I were the Vikings, because they don't typically take risks.  You never know. 

How many times here have we seen people here and elsewhere complain that teams value draft picks like they're Gollum holding the ring?  With him still being only 23 with upside, I'd throw #23 at them or their 2nd next year for him and see what happens.  You get him in for a year and see for yourself. 

If you don't like what you see, you move on yourself after '24.  Kirk ain't gonna be here likely after this season anyway (definitely after '24), so what's the real difference.  This team isn't competing for a Super Bowl in the next 3 yrs as far as I'm concerned.  They're in transition.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Vikes22 said:

How often do football players show improvement while recovering from a broken ankle? 

• Like 2

I remember just last week when we said don't bring up politics/topics that revolve around politics. Oh well...

Anyways, at the right price, trading for Lance would be a solid move. Its year 3 though, so there will be plenty of pressure on him to succeed.

I dunno if id wanna trade for Lance, I guess i would for a mid round pick but nothing more. This years first? Hell na.

Its a red flag to me when Shanny and co wanna move off of of him when hes such a good offensive mind. Obviously part of that has to do with finding Purdy and the signing of Darnold but its still a red flag. Just something about a player only playing in 27 games in the last 5 years doesnt sit well with me either. Kinda of ironic because i like Anthony Richardson and hes only started 13 games i think in his career.

Trade Kirk Cousins to 49’s for Trey Lance and a 2nd or 3rd round pick

Trade Z Smith and D Cook to Denver for J Juedy and a 3rd rd pick.  Maybe wont get the pick

Sign high end veteran backup QB to start the season if necessary.

Needs:  CB, Edge, DT, LB, WR

Draft Cushes:

Do whatever needed to go get Jalen Carter if he slides to the early teens.  Not Aaron Donald but maybe not far from it.

Do whatever needed to get Joey Porter JR if he slides to late teens.

IF we stay at 23:

Myles Murphy Edge Clemson, maybe Keion White Edge Georgia Tech (or best fit/value)

Deonte Banks CB Maryland  (or best CB fit)

Bijan Robinson RB Texas (could be the steel of the draft)

Brian Branch S Alabama

Here is what I came up with about a week or so ago.