2023 Draft Talk

swede700

I will be really telling what they do at WR and RB.  If they think that much of Ty Chandler and Jalen Nailor to not draft a WR or RB highly or not.  

If the RB group is Mattison, Chandler and Nwangwu I would be a little disappointed.  Not sure Chandler and Nwangwu could equal the production of Cook and not sure Mattison is a feature back at all.  Sure Chandler was good in the preseason but so was Mike Boone.  

At least at CB they got Joejuan Williams, then if a CB does not fall to them they are not in as big of a need to draft one highly.  

Sure it was great Ingram started at OG and was better than Udoh and others but honestly he needs to really improve to be a consistent starter in the league.  Was his rookie year and I guess at least he was better than Wyatt Davis.  That is still a surprise how bad he was after being so dominant and amazing in college.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Purplepride323 said:

It wouldn’t make sense to draft an inaccurate QB who is not NFL ready, when we have so many other positions of need. I know for sure that Justin Jefferson will hate to have a QB who is inaccurate. So if for some odd reason, we do draft Anthony Richardson, we can say goodbye to the best WR in football. However I believe Kwesi and O’Connell are smarter than that and I think these are just smoke screens before the draft. 

I wouldn't say Richardson's inaccurate - look at the offense he ran and the kinds of passes they asked him to throw. His ball placement is very good - way better than a guy like Hooker or even Levis. The throws just have a way higher degree of difficulty. Check out Steven Ruiz's breakdowns. Much of the off target stuff can be corrected mechanically, especially with a redshirt year.

Also a terrible call to say that Jefferson would leave - we have no idea how Richardson would look in an O'Connell offense.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I wouldn't say Richardson's inaccurate - look at the offense he ran and the kinds of passes they asked him to throw. His ball placement is very good - way better than a guy like Hooker or even Levis. The throws just have a way higher degree of difficulty. Check out Steven Ruiz's breakdowns. Much of the off target stuff can be corrected mechanically, especially with a redshirt year.

Also a terrible call to say that Jefferson would leave - we have no idea how Richardson would look in an O'Connell offense.

He had a 54% completion rate lol. The last first round QB to have a completion rate lower than 55% was Jake Locker. Numbers don’t lie. You can say that he was asked to make difficult throws, but so is almost every other QB in college football lol. Spencer Rattler was asked to make difficult throws and he completed 66% of them last year. Just for reference. 

Edited by Purplepride323
  • Like 1

For (not) the last time… completion % and accuracy are not the same thing.

if you didn’t watch him and just look at the numbers just say so, that’s ok.

Josh Allen had a 56.2% career completion percent playing at Wyoming in the Mountain West… not quite the SEC.

Edited by JDBrocks
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

For (not) the last time… completion % and accuracy are not the same thing.

if you didn’t watch him and just look at the numbers just say so, that’s ok.

You’re claiming that it’s not the same, but if he had better accuracy then he would have a better completion percentage. It’s pretty simple actually. Also, I don’t think anyone ever watched film on Anthony Richardson and said that he’s an accurate QB or that accuracy is one of his strengths. Maybe you’re watching the wrong tape, but the tape and the completion percentage show that he’s not an accurate QB. His last game against FSU he only completed 33% of his passes. Yikes 😬 

Edited by Purplepride323

16 minutes ago, Purplepride323 said:

You’re claiming that it’s not the same, but if he had better accuracy then he would have a better completion percentage. It’s pretty simple actually. 

not necessarily true, and a REALLY simplistic way at looking at QB play. Drops, offensive design, offensive line play all have to do with completion percentage. Accuracy has to do with ball placement, anticipation, and repeatable mechanics. 

Richardson isn't the most accurate QB, certainly. When his mechanics are right, he's very accurate. Hooker for instance had issues throwing to the flat and outside the numbers, in an offense DESIGNED to give the QB the most open windows possible. 

check out this thread.

Edited by JDBrocks

22 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

not necessarily true, and a REALLY simplistic way at looking at QB play. Drops, offensive design, offensive line play all have to do with completion percentage. Accuracy has to do with ball placement, anticipation, and repeatable mechanics. 

Richardson isn't the most accurate QB, certainly. When his mechanics are right, he's very accurate. Hooker for instance had issues throwing to the flat and outside the numbers, in an offense DESIGNED to give the QB the most open windows possible. 

check out this thread.

It seems to me like you’re just making excuses. Again, almost every other college QB had to deal with those things, and they had higher completion percentages. Either you placed the ball where it needed to be, or you didn’t. There are no excuses. All you have to do is watch his last game versus Florida State. He completed only 33% of his throws. That is not an accurate QB or good decision maker. Not somebody I want to pair with the greatest WR in the league. 

Edited by Purplepride323