2023 Draft Talk

swede700

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

TE, C, NT, CB and WR i think will be our top priorities by seasons end after 4 weeks.

Depending upon how much he wants in the end, I wouldn't be surprised to see them extend Bradbury for a few years just to see what they can build together with the other 4 on the line.

TE will certainly be a necessity, but not a high one considering the offense they are running.  They'll also likely draft a RB somewhere to replace Mattison and provide depth.  I don't think WR will be a high priority at all, but it will be a spot where they need to add depth.  Osborn may take the #2 spot because they'll likely have to shuffle Thielen's money around to create space and he'll be another year older, so he may drop to #3 and compete with Nailor, who I think has a pretty good chance of being another guy like Osborn. 

Defensively they will need to draft someone at every level, as they'll need a NT, but will probably need DEs more, since Tomlinson's contract voids after this year.  They'll need ILBs since both Kendricks and Hicks' contracts are up after '23, and of course, they can always use more CBs.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

Would O'Connell want to draft the QB of the future? 

I bet he probably would, but like always, it will depend upon how the board falls.  Who knows, 6 QBs may be taken before it even gets to our pick, so they'd be better off taking one of the elite talents at another position that drops.

7 hours ago, swede700 said:

Defensively they will need to draft someone at every level, as they'll need a NT, but will probably need DEs more, since Tomlinson's contract voids after this year.

Given how he’s played these first 4 weeks, a new contract for Tomlinson is likely the top in-house priority. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Given how he’s played these first 4 weeks, a new contract for Tomlinson is likely the top in-house priority. 

Yep. I would not let him get away. If it meant keeping Tomlinson, I’d cut Thielen, Cook and whoever our long snapper is. 

11 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Yep. I would not let him get away. If it meant keeping Tomlinson, I’d cut Thielen, Cook and whoever our long snapper is. 

Woah I was with you until you mentioned the long snapper.  We finally have the special teams working

• Like 1

Just now, swede700 said:

Nope...He had already been in the league 8 years by the time they picked him up to replace Cutting.  

I might have still been thinking of Cutting. 

I had to look up who the long snapper was and found an interesting article on him https://www.espn.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/31494/from-family-bar-to-best-buy-to-the-no-2-ranked-long-snapper-a-viking-lives-out-his-nfl-dream

On 10/6/2022 at 4:31 PM, swede700 said:

I bet he probably would, but like always, it will depend upon how the board falls.  Who knows, 6 QBs may be taken before it even gets to our pick, so they'd be better off taking one of the elite talents at another position that drops.

I don't think this QB class is all that good.

14 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I don't think this QB class is all that good.

True but it is pretty deep, not sure Jayden Daniels declares but most of these guys might not even be drafted just based on pure numbers.  So could get a UDFA QB potentially that is pretty decent kind of easily.  

Kedon Slovis Pitt
Jayden Daniels LSU RS JR
Dillon Gabriel Oklahoma
Spencer Sanders Ok State RS
Aidan O'Connell Purdue
JT Daniels West Virginia RS
Stetson Bennett Georgia RS
Malik Cunningham Louisville RS
Sean Clifford Penn State RS
Casey Thompson Nebraska RS
Gerry Bohanon USF RS
Tyler Shough Texas Tech
Adrian Martinez Kansas State
Tanner Morgan Minnesota RS

Assuming all these guys get drafted if they declare but that might not even be the case, only 10 QBs got drafted last year and on this list is 15.   A lot of COVID guys with another year on the previous list and even this one.   Penix, McCall and Hartman might not declare but pretty sure all the rest will.  

Bryce Young Alabama JR
CJ Stroud Ohio State RS SOPH
Anthony Richardson Florida RS SOPH
Will Levis Kentucky RS
DJ Uiagalelei Clemson JR
Bo Nix Oregon
Jaren Hall BYU RS JR
Spencer Rattler South Carolina RS
Michael Penix Jr Washington RS JR
Hendon Hooker Tennessee RS
Sam Hartman Wake Forest RS JR
Dorian Thompson-Robinson UCLA RS