2023 Draft Talk

swede700

28 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Sorry, I should have said yes every Minnesota Viking player is the best player at their position in the NFL and every move they make in the front office is perfect.  Sorry.  

well, if you said that you would be wrong and heavily criticized, so i'm not sure why you'd feel that way.

i mean, you're certainly not inferring others feel that way, right? because you'd be wrong about that too, as NO ONE has ever stated that here.

• Like 1

I don't really want to see a first round WR. I'll understand if it happens, but every level of the defense needs so much more talent than the offense does. Plus I think that the entire offense will already be better next year due to familiarity with the scheme and a full offseason to implement Hockenson.

I really don't want to watch another season where our offense has to score 30+ to have a chance to win. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

I don't really want to see a first round WR. I'll understand if it happens, but every level of the defense needs so much more talent than the offense does. Plus I think that the entire offense will already be better next year due to familiarity with the scheme and a full offseason to implement Hockenson.

I really don't want to watch another season where our offense has to score 30+ to have a chance to win. 

I think if they keep Cousins, or resign him, they’ll replace Thielen and get an actual #2 WR.  Making it that much more difficult for defenses to stop Jefferson, Hockensen, and a drafted WR (Flowers).

The defense does need a lot of help, but why not amplify what you’re already good at if you’re going to retool again? If the owners are dead set on doing whatever it is that they do, I’d create cap room to improve the defense, and try to grab the best WR in the class imo. 

I mean, if they did go defense in the mid-20s, then I can only imagine them drafting D-Line. Maybe focus free agency and the draft on improving a single facet of the defense.  And having a good D-line affects every other part of the defense. Since there’s a good chance Hunter might be traded, we have to hope the new DC knows what he is doing lol

3 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

I would prefer to not take a WR early. If we had a QB that could extend plays constantly, I could see the appeal, but as we saw at times Cousins struggles to get the ball to JJ. 

Give me a) QB b) DL c) DB

(last year i wanted Jordan Davis, and DL is still a need now)

Cousins did not struggle to get the ball to the league leader in receptions and yards… very silly thing to say.

Agree on DL. Tonga outperformed Jordan Davis, so I’m not upset about not having him, but they need 3 more capable bodies (a 1T/NT and 2 5T) to make the DL work (if they stick with a similar scheme/front).

39 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Cousins did not struggle to get the ball to the league leader in receptions and yards… very silly thing to say.

Agree on DL. Tonga outperformed Jordan Davis, so I’m not upset about not having him, but they need 3 more capable bodies (a 1T/NT and 2 5T) to make the DL work (if they stick with a similar scheme/front).

How many receptions and yards and tds did he have down the stretch and during the important playoff games? Very silly thing to ignore. 

KOC was not some amazing offensive coach, the Vikings put up the same pts as the previous year. Only JJ performed better stats wise during the year, effectively all other players performed worse compared to the previous year

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

How many receptions and yards and tds did he have down the stretch and during the important playoff games? Very silly thing to ignore. 

KOC was not some amazing offensive coach, the Vikings put up the same pts as the previous year. Only JJ performed better stats wise during the year, effectively all other players performed worse compared to the previous year

sigh... this is a thread about draft prospects.

why is so difficult to stay on topic?

• Like 2