2023 Draft Talk

swede700

13 minutes ago, viking said:

If you think the refs are the reason philly is flattening then 49ers you don't know ball

Could also be SF has no QB. But if you don't think this officiating has impacted the score, I have no words. A dropped fourth down called a catch. Three first downs on penalties against the defense on one drive. A guy blocked into the punter called for roughing. Almost no meaningful calls on Philly. It could be seven to seven right now ....

20 minutes ago, viking said:

MVP candidate isn't a top 5 QB? Ok

You take Hurts over any of these guys, I won't.

Patrick Mahomes
Justin Herbert
Joe Burrow
Josh Allen
Trevor Lawrence

And Hurts benefits greatly by playing behind the best OL in football and benefits greatly that he is a former power lifter and a hell of a runner with great leg power which is a huge part of his game and him being successful.  Oh and he has AJ Brown to throw to, Devonta Smith to throw to and Goedert etc.  Oh and at RB have Sanders, Scott and Gainwell...that must be rough.  Oh and one of the best defenses in the NFL to boot....

A Defense with four guys with 10+ sacks, that must be rough.  Hurts wins because that roster is the best in the NFL.  

• Like 1

Jack Campbell Iowa SR ILB

Mazi Smith Michigan SR DT

Clark Phillips III Utah RS SOPH CB

Anyone of these guys fall I would not mind the Vikings taking a shot at them if center is not an issue for some reason.  Mazi Smith is a hell of an athlete and would instantly improve the DL but I think the Lions might take him before the Vikings pick.  And Jack Campbell I love his size and toughness, depends on how he runs but if he runs well I could see him going in the 1st but Washington might take him.  Phillips is an obvious, could fill a slot corner spot or boundary corner spot if the Ravens do not already take him.

The Anthony Richardson talk, no chance of that in the NFL of today and how lacking in depth the QB class is.  Levis and Richardson should both be long gone before the Vikings selection.  

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

With just the way the nfl works nowadays, out of these 3, I could really only see Phillips going Rd1 even though I like all 3 as prospects. 

If Mazi times/works out well I could totally see him going 1st round, dude looks like a high level agile man for his size, and Campbell, yeah it depends on his 40, if he runs 4.6 or lower I could see him being selected in the 1st.  He is easily the best ILB in the draft and if the Vikings cut Kendricks it would be a position of need and provide a nice complement to the smaller Asamoah.