2023 Draft Talk

swede700

10 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

I can't see this new regime selecting a center in the first. I'd probably be meh about it as well. 

I never have a tremendous issue taking players on either line (OL or DL) in the 1st round.  The sexy picks are always the skill position players, but I think we've learned over the last decade how important the lines are.  

• Like 5

6 DBs that have impressed at Senior Bowl per Alec Lewis at the Athletic

https://theathletic.com/4148475/2023/02/02/nfl-draft-vikings-senior-bowl-db/

I dont think any of these 6 will be first rounders. But Kelly and Stevenson could be solid options with the 3rd rounder the Vikings have.

Edited by battle2heaven

57 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I never have a tremendous issue taking players on either line (OL or DL) in the 1st round.  The sexy picks are always the skill position players, but I think we've learned over the last decade how important the lines are.  

Wait… they are?

while I agree….. if he’s best player available at 23…. Go ahead…..but he’s not… and won’t be…. 

6 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Wait… they are?

while I agree….. if he’s best player available at 23…. Go ahead…..but he’s not… and won’t be…. 

Yeah, I'm not counting on him necessarily being there.  The last 2 first round centers went after 23, but 6 out of 7 before that went before that pick.  If he grades out as the best center in the draft, he won't be there.  

With how well John Michael Schmitz played at the Senior Bowl week, the Vikings should absolutely target him, I would possibly take him over Oluwatimi even.  Schmitz had a great week and is well worth a 1st round pick.  

Sure they could go CB and get either Witherspoon, Porter Jr, or Antonio Johnson but depends on how those guys athletically work out.  Some have Cam Smith but I would say that is a little high for him, they could wait till the 3rd and maybe get a guy like Eli Ricks who is super talented but had a pretty down year, or Mullen as a slot corner.