2023 Draft Talk

swede700

Just now, SteelKing728 said:

Witherspoon will be a top 10 pick though!

That would be an over draft but depends on how he works out athletically.  I imagine Gonzalez who is younger and potentially better would be the 1st CB taken not Witherspoon but again will see how he runs.  

Curious how well Jonathan Jones likes Flores, but he does get hurt from time to time and could command a decent amount.  The Vikings would have to cut Kendricks or Harrison Smith though to get him maybe.  Emmanuel Moseley would be a great pickup but he gets hurt so much and what missed almost all of last season.  

Myles Bryant I would not mind and he could be cheap, Thomas Graham Jr I would not mind either as a depth slot CB.  Curious how much Byron Murphy will command from the Arizona Cardinals.  Sean Murphy-Bunting was a stud when they won the Super bowl, has not been so much recently because he has been hurt.  

Take the Chiefs for example, all of their CBs are a hit, Sneed, McDuffie, Watson and Williams.  Both Watson and Williams were late round draft picks this past year and both have made significant contributions this year.  Now that is drafting.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

If we look to replace Tomlinson on the Dline, who are some fits?

I really like Gervon Dexter. Beast against the run already, and has a lot of pass rush potential, IMO.

Edited by JDBrocks

What can we learn from Flores' drafts as a HC?

1 Christian Wilkins DT

5 Andree Van Ginkel LB

1 Noah Igbinoghene CB

2 Raekwon Davis DT

3 Brandon Jones S

5 Jason Strowbridge DE

5 Curtis Weaver DE (!!!!!! now a Viking on a futures deal!!!!)

1 Jaelan Phillips DE

2 Jevon Holland S

All the other picks were offense or ST.

Edited by battle2heaven

13 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I liked what Tonga showed, but I’d rather have him as the backup/rotational guy. 

I think if you have to make decisions on cap allocation, I'd go cheap on NT and have Tonga as a starter if you can use the savings to improve somewhere else in free agency.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

What can we learn from Flores' drafts as a HC?

1 Christian Wilkins DT

5 Andree Van Ginkel LB

1 Noah Igbinoghene CB

2 Raekwon Davis DT

3 Brandon Jones S

5 Jason Strowbridge DE

5 Curtis Weaver DE (!!!!!! now a Viking on a futures deal!!!!)

1 Jaelan Phillips DE

2 Jevon Holland S

All the other picks were offense or ST.

So he likes athletes….. ask Math Bomb for some RAS scores!

2 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

I think if you have to make decisions on cap allocation, I'd go cheap on NT and have Tonga as a starter if you can use the savings to improve somewhere else in free agency.

I’m not expecting them to shell out a lot for a FA nose tackle, but I’d like to find one relatively early in the draft. 

I would have zero issue with using their 1st on Ika.

• Like 3