2023 Draft Talk

swede700

9 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Christian Gonzalez
Joey Porter Jr
Devon Witherspoon
Cam Smith
Clark Philips III

nice list. I’m not sure yet on cam smith. Phillips can ball, like Witherspoon, a little on the smaller side. 

id add deonte banks, love him. Bigger corner, played press man and off man, and just tremendous feet. 

and Forbes is up there.

21 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Christian Gonzalez
Joey Porter Jr
Devon Witherspoon
Cam Smith
Clark Philips III

To be honest, with how deep this corner class is, I feel like I’m interested in a DL or edge guy if they stay at 23. 

Bresee is the pipe dream, perfect fit as the 5 tech for us. 

but if they move on from Z, I’m super intrigued by will McDonald. I think he’s gunna put on a show at the combine and Iowa st played him out of position. The dude has incredible bend off the edge. 

some McDonald clips here 

Edited by battle2heaven

6 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Who are your top 5 corners this draft?

1. Christian Gonzalez

2. Emmanuel Forbes (my favorite)

3. Devon Witherspoon

4. Joey Porter

5. Deonte Banks 

Honorable mention: Eli Ricks. He reminds me of Jalen Ramsey but he’s got some durability concerns. If he can stay on the field, he’ll be a problem. My favorite out of this class is Forbes, just based on everything that he brings to the table and his consistency throughout his 3 year college career. I think he’s almost a sure bet to be a lock-down CB in the NFL. I just wouldn’t put him ahead of Gonzalez, who’s a better athlete and has more potential. 

Edited by Purplepride323
  • Like 1

Jaxon Smith-Njigba isn’t a receiver I’d say is worth the pick, especially with Quentin Johnston still on the board. Johnston is the deep, downfield playmaker that this offense lacks. If the team were to go with a receiver. 

Overall, with Bryan Bresee, Johnston, and Drew Sanders all still on the board at the Vikings pick, I’d be very disappointed with Smith-Njigba. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Yay

I desperately want interior pressure with Flores scheme. This draft doesn’t have too many interior penetrators. It’s going to push the prospects that can rush the passer up draft boards. 

I need kancey to measure taller than 6 feet, more than 280lbs and arm length greater than 32 inches though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, battle2heaven said:

Calijah Kancey is John Randle 2.0, yay or nay?

He would be very interesting in a 3/4 as a pass rusher.  Will be curious how he does at the combine athletically.  Honestly though no way he has anything close to Randle's motor, emotional drive or passion so compared him to a Hall of Famer is a bit much.  Kancey would be lucky to be a productive pro period.  

Could he hold up against the run in a 3/4, I am not sure.  Vikings had the cheaper version of him with Jaylen Twyman they could have developed and they just cut him.  Injuries hurt him and he is not the athlete Kancey is granted.  Also had McGill and because of injuries let him go and he was pretty solid on the 49ers late in the year.  There are other options at DT in terms of athletic DTs outside of Kancey.  

Karl Brooks is one with rare athletic ability as a DT or DE and might fit better than Kancey, could be around in the 3rd but is kind of a long shot if he works out well.

Dante Stills is a fine pass rusher and could be around 3rd or 4th round, athletic guy who can get after the QB.  

Jalen Redmond has solid athletic ability as a DT and could be a mid to late round pick with good upside.

Jonah Tavai had great statistics and production as a undersized DT who go big time penetration and should be a late round pick. 

Jaxon Player another undersized DT who got awesome production and can really bend and get low, should be a late round pick as well.

8 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

I desperately want interior pressure with Flores scheme. This draft doesn’t have too many interior penetrators. It’s going to push the prospects that can rush the passer up draft boards. 

I need kancey to measure taller than 6 feet, more than 280lbs and arm length greater than 32 inches though. 

I just need Kancey to be available when we draft him. The CBs and WRs group are so deep. Build the line first and come back to the boundary in the 3rd.

5 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Brian Branch is an interesting prospect. He’s the epitome of versatility, and given Flores’ comments regarding versatile players, Branch is an intriguing option. 

I might be sliding into the driver’s seat on the Branch bus. OMG! 

I want this guy on my football team!

Edited by SemperFeist

11 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I might be sliding into the driver’s seat on the Branch bus. OMG! 

I want this guy on my football team!

So...what do you do with him? Use him like the niners used Jimmie Ward; slot guy with safety versatility? 

Edited by battle2heaven
  • Like 1