2023 Draft Talk

swede700

Just now, PrplChilPill said:

They'd have to give up their what, first and second next year, at least, (on top of first and ?) this year? Good luck with that.

You better be right if you do that!

KC went from 27 to 10 in 2017 by giving up two 1sts and two 3rds. 

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

Hypothetical scenario;

1. Houston takes Bryce Young after securing the #1 spot from Chicago
2. Chicago takes Jalen Carter
3. Arizona takes Tim Anderson
4. Indianapolis takes Will Levis
5. Seattle takes Tyree Wilson
6. Detroit takes Christian Gonzalez

All of a sudden, the Vikings logo appears on the screen, they’ve traded up!

7. What name are you hoping for? 

Richardson.

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Hypothetical scenario;

CJ Stroud and it isn't even a question for me. The most accurate QB in this draft and he showed in his last game he's got the ability to create on his own. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Hypothetical scenario;

Even though Stroud's still on the board, I'm taking Richardson.  His ceiling is significantly higher...and while I'd prefer not to generalize, there hasn't been a QB from Ohio State to ever accomplish anything...even one of their most famous ones, sucked at what got him kicked out of the league and ended up going to prison for 10 yrs for.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Even though Stroud's still on the board, I'm taking Richardson.  His ceiling is significantly higher...and while I'd prefer not to generalize, there hasn't been a QB from Ohio State to ever accomplish anything...even one of their most famous ones, sucked at what got him kicked out of the league and ended up going to prison for 10 yrs for.  

For me it is ceiling, but I'd be good with either pick, I think.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

For me it is ceiling, but I'd be good with either pick, I think.

If Stroud was taken at that pick, I'd certainly support it based on his traits and what he has done, but I have a huge hesitation when I see Ohio State and QB in the same sentence.  Even if you don't go back as far as Schlichter, in the last 16 years, you've got Troy Smith, Terrelle Pryor, Cardale Jones, Dwayne Haskins and Justin Fields...yuck.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Hypothetical scenario;

Stroud and probably don’t think twice 

• Like 1

Darren Wolfson: "The Vikings are doing their due diligence on this quarterback class. There may be another quarterback name that emerges in terms of them meeting formally with, but I can tell you as I sit here Thursday morning that they have met formally with Anthony Richardson of the Florida Gators."

https://www.si.com/fannation/bringmethesports/vikings/report-vikings-had-formal-meeting-with-anthony-richardson?fbclid=IwAR0VxpWB-TPMlgEeMhlwQ7xk0Pf8Exi-ql6o7ASHUA609m-HkK_-OypSjP0

18 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

I would be so excited if we drafted Anthony Richardson. Hes one of my draft crushes this year.

In a piece for NFL.com, Lance Zierlein explored potential teams to select Richardson and he believed that the Vikings are a “sneaky interesting” landing spot:

“I think this would be a sneaky-interesting landing spot for Richardson — if he were to make it all the way to No. 23, which seems like a long shot in itself. Kirk Cousins would clearly be the starter in 2023, which would allow Richardson a chance to take mental reps for an entire season before potentially taking the reins in 2024 with some talented pieces around him.”

It isn’t the most likely scenario, but anything can happen in the NFL draft. Nobody thought Aaron Rodgers would fall to 24th overall in 2005 either.

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2023/03/03/vikings-anthony-richardson-sneaky-landing-spot/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3P0fotBTf4CM5ir5GywjNDsOHu56_q2B3ok476I2uIHHs3hu5Ib_rHK9Y

• Like 1

I think it's highly unlikely that he'd fall to #23.  They'd have to go up and get him.  If you all can remember back that far, in 2005 when Aaron was drafted, there was basically only him and Alex Smith, and whoever wasn't picked at #1 was likely going to fall quite a distance because there weren't really any teams between #2 and #25 (Washington) that were in the market for a QB, as they all had young QBs or established starters, which includes the Vikings who had Daunte.