RIP ChicagoAl

CBears019

I started posting back in 2007 I think (maybe 06, but I remember 07 for sure)  AL was a nice dude who longed for the good Ole days, the same as moat of us, he had forgotten more about the Bears than I knew back then (and probably even so now)  it was the posters on this board that kept me on so long, and ultimately have led me to come back everytime I have stepped away from a bit.  RiP AL.  And to all the new old timers (like me) thank you all for years of a distraction from the monotony and dreariness of life occasionally.

• Like 4

RIP Al, I have you to thank for the Bears tickets to the only game I’ve ever been to. 

It was a miserable, snowy, blistering cold January game versus Detroit, which naturally we lost. It was super cool to see Calvin Johnson and Stafford play, this had to have been during the Cutler/Marshall/Bennett era. 

Pouring one out for a great guy. RIP.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

RIP Al, I have you to thank for the Bears tickets to the only game I’ve ever been to. 

It was a miserable, snowy, blistering cold January game versus Detroit, which naturally we lost. It was super cool to see Calvin Johnson and Stafford play, this had to have been during the Cutler/Marshall/Bennett era. 

Pouring one out for a great guy. RIP.

That’s great.  

When Arlington opens I bet some of title companies get season tickets.

If they do they will offer some to me or our firm.  I may have to take co-workers, but if it is up to me, I will hit some of folk up here to go.  

If any of you guys want to go to camp for a day this year let me know.  I plan on going at least once.  

22 hours ago, dll2000 said:

That’s great.  

When Arlington opens I bet some of title companies get season tickets.

If they do they will offer some to me or our firm.  I may have to take co-workers, but if it is up to me, I will hit some of folk up here to go.  

If any of you guys want to go to camp for a day this year let me know.  I plan on going at least once.  

That would be sweet

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2022 at 11:49 PM, CBears019 said:

Seriously.  I turn 30 in a few weeks, meaning that this site will have been a part of my life for the majority of my time on this planet.

For real.  I joined in 2007, I was 14 at the time.  I'm also turning 30 in July.  Crazy.

But anyway, RIP ChicagoAl, I recall many times he and I getting into it but he really loved the team and he was great to have around here.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

What did people get banned for?

Mostly either single egregious forum rules violations or frequent offenders with less egregious violations. We used to get a lot of people who would create accounts to try to link to competing similar forums too that they either ran themselves or with which they were affiliated somehow. Webby didn’t like that so much lol. 

On 5/5/2022 at 11:49 PM, CBears019 said:

Seriously.  I turn 30 in a few weeks, meaning that this site will have been a part of my life for the majority of my time on this planet.

Oh christ same. But i turned 30 a month ago 

On 5/6/2022 at 12:34 AM, AZBearsFan said:

GRR told me that he figured out who Webby was and helped him to better conceal his identity, but he was pretty adamant that it wasn’t VD. I have to think VD knows Webby personally to be the first non-admin account on the site. 

Yep he checked my IP once and found it shared the same IP as another account on here which may or may not have been my alternate account purely for trolling but I can neither confirm nor deny my participation in the alleged troll account. 

On 5/6/2022 at 6:40 AM, Bowler1215 said:

I remember ChicagoAl's posts and I remember the red text he'd use to point out what he was responding to

man I haven’t thought about this in a while. I’m legit bummed he passed away. This website is the longest by far I’ve ever been a member of anything and while you are all anonymous on this website (outside of cbears I suppose and a few others on fb) I enjoy seeing you all around here and being able to shoot the **** about sports when most other people irl have casual fan hood at best. 

RIP ChicagoAl, you were a fun character on here and I miss our banter. 

On 5/16/2022 at 5:51 PM, dll2000 said:

What did people get banned for?

Mostly constant trolling and continuing to break the rules even after several warnings within a short period. These were typically users from the old Espn forums when it existed and that place use to let users run rampant with no sort of restrictions whatsoever and those same people thought it was the same on this forum. I can't count how many new users used to get banned because their first 3 posts were severe cussing, disrespecting members, and/or breaking other rules. You can tell which accounts weren't going to last long.

What's really funny to me is that for years people used to complain the mods were too strict and now some fruitcakes think they're too lenient 🤷‍♂️ . There's just no winning with some people.

Edited by JAF-N72EX