Rookie Rankings Post Draft

Sllim Pickens

QB (which I hate):

1. Kenny Pickett, Steelers (likely the only rookie starter)

2. Malik Willis, Titans (if he ever gets a chance to play)

3. Matt Corral, Panthers (if he ever gets a chance to play)

4. Sam Howell, Commanders (if he ever gets a chance to play)

RB:

1. Breece Hall, Jets 

2. James Cook, Bills

3. Kenneth Walker, Seahawks

4. Rachaad White, Buccaneers

5. Isaiah Spiller, Chargers

WR:

1. Sky Moore, Chiefs

2. Chris Olave, Saints

3. Jahan Dotson, Commanders

4. Alec Pierce, Colts 

5. Christian Watson, Packers

TE:

1. Greg Dulcich, Broncos

2. Trey McBride, Cardinals

3. Cade Otton, Buccaneers 

4. Isaiah Likely, Ravens

5. Jelani Woods, Colts 

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 4:44 AM, NYRaider said:

QB (which I hate):

RB:

1. Breece Hall, Jets 

2. James Cook, Bills

WR:

1. Sky Moore, Chiefs

2. Chris Olave, Saints

4. Alec Pierce, Colts 

TE:

1. Greg Dulcich, Broncos

4. Isaiah Likely, Ravens

5. Jelani Woods, Colts 

I realized after I posted this that most don't want to give away their options for the dynasty leagues here so I like this format.  As of right now I think you are a little too bullish on Dotson and Pierce.  Not having Burkes and Williams in the top 5 WR's is crazy to me.  I can see London and Wilson dropping out of that because of their QBs but both of those guys are on teams with QBs who have produced solid WR production.  

Can't complain about the RB list although I would have Walker second.  Carson gets hurt a lot and is likely done after this year in Seattle and I think Walker has the upside to supplant him mid year or whenever he gets hurt. 

For dynasty rookie purposes.

I have...

1. Breece Hall RB NYJ (RB1)

2. Drake London WR ATL (WR1)

3. Jameson Williams WR DET (WR2)

4. Treylon Burks WR TEN (WR3)

5. Garrett Wilson WR NYJ (WR4)

6. Chris Olave WR NO (WR5)

7. James Cook RB BUF (RB2)

8. Kenny Walker RB SEA (RB3)

9. Skyy Moore WR KC (WR6)

10. George Pickens WR PIT (WR7)

11. Christian Watson WR GB (WR8)

12. Jahon Dotson WR WAS (WR9)

13. Dameon Pierce RB HOU (RB4)

14. Kenny Pickett QB PIT (QB1)

15. Rachaad White RB TB (RB5)

• Like 1

On 5/19/2022 at 7:41 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

I realized after I posted this that most don't want to give away their options for the dynasty leagues here so I like this format.  As of right now I think you are a little too bullish on Dotson and Pierce.  Not having Burkes and Williams in the top 5 WR's is crazy to me.  I can see London and Wilson dropping out of that because of their QBs but both of those guys are on teams with QBs who have produced solid WR production.  

Can't complain about the RB list although I would have Walker second.  Carson gets hurt a lot and is likely done after this year in Seattle and I think Walker has the upside to supplant him mid year or whenever he gets hurt. 

If we're talking about rookie years I think that Dotson playing with Wentz and Pierce playing with Ryan, while also having very little competition for targets will lead to solid rookie campaigns.  

I think Burks will take some time to figure things out, I know most just expect him to step into Brown's role but Woods is clearly WR1, imo. Have to see how Jameson Williams comes back from his injury and the Lions have a decent amount of weapons competing for targets. 

I might move Walker to RB2 considering Carson might not even make the roster and Penny is already hurt. As we get closer to training camp I'll re do my rankings that was just my initial post draft thoughts. 

Edited by NYRaider

On 5/13/2022 at 4:44 AM, NYRaider said:

QB (which I hate):

RB:

1. Breece Hall, Jets 

2. James Cook, Bills

WR:

1. Sky Moore, Chiefs

2. Chris Olave, Saints

4. Alec Pierce, Colts 

TE:

1. Greg Dulcich, Broncos

4. Isaiah Likely, Ravens

5. Jelani Woods, Colts 

Love these rankings. Spot on almost the same as mine except I have the WR rankings a little different (I like Pierce more than Dotson)

Also, I love Rachaad White, he was my favorite RB before the draft and I'm ecstatic the Bucs got him. IF Lenny goes down at all, I got White as a dark horse OROY candidate

Edited by BucsDraftGeek47

On 5/13/2022 at 1:44 AM, NYRaider said:

WR:

1. Sky Moore, Chiefs

2. Chris Olave, Saints

4. Alec Pierce, Colts 

My WR Rankings are definitely different, I have:

1. Skyy Moore

2. Drake London

3. Garrett Wilson

4. Christian Watson

5. Jameson Williams

6. Chris Olave

7. Jahan Dotson

Sleeper: Velus Jones

Do not draft: Alec Pierce

- London is the only other target in Atlanta next to Pitts. He is going to get a lot of volume. Not to mention Drake was my #2 WR in the draft behind Wilson. Look for Drake to get 975 yards and 8 TD’s. 

- Wilson will get off to a slow start due to the Jets having two good WR’s already in Moore and Davis. However, I think Wilson will have a big second half. I think 925 yards 6 TD’s on the year is doable. 

- Watson will be another slow starter due to the Packers starting their rookies slow. However, he also should have a strong second half and I would expect a 840 yard 5 TD statline. 

- Olave I’m not too high on, but should get around 800 yards and 5 TD’s, evenly spread through the season. 

- Jameson Williams will start off slow due to injury, but should finish strong, especially the final six games or so. I would expect 725 yards and 5 TD’s. 

- Dotson won’t be too impressive as a rookie, I think McLaurin is going to have a monstrous year, and also Samuel/Thomas/Gibson will eat a lot of targets. Tons of mouths to feed. Dotson I’ll predict 625 yards and 3 TD’s. 

- Alec Pierce isn’t strong enough at all to be an NFL receiver right now, there is a reason he skipped the bench press at the combine, and he looks super thin. He will be red shirted the first half of the season, and be solely a deep threat in the second half of the season. He will have a lot of fantasy value in 2023, but not this year. Pierce IMO finishes with just 450 yards and 2 TD’s. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2022 at 8:20 PM, BayRaider said:

My WR Rankings are definitely different, I have:

1. Skyy Moore

2. Drake London

3. Garrett Wilson

4. Christian Watson

5. Jameson Williams

6. Chris Olave

7. Jahan Dotson

Sleeper: Velus Jones

Do not draft: Alec Pierce

- London is the only other target in Atlanta next to Pitts. He is going to get a lot of volume. Not to mention Drake was my #2 WR in the draft behind Wilson. Look for Drake to get 975 yards and 8 TD’s. 

- Wilson will get off to a slow start due to the Jets having two good WR’s already in Moore and Davis. However, I think Wilson will have a big second half. I think 925 yards 6 TD’s on the year is doable. 

- Watson will be another slow starter due to the Packers starting their rookies slow. However, he also should have a strong second half and I would expect a 840 yard 5 TD statline. 

- Olave I’m not too high on, but should get around 800 yards and 5 TD’s, evenly spread through the season. 

- Jameson Williams will start off slow due to injury, but should finish strong, especially the final six games or so. I would expect 725 yards and 5 TD’s. 

- Dotson won’t be too impressive as a rookie, I think McLaurin is going to have a monstrous year, and also Samuel/Thomas/Gibson will eat a lot of targets. Tons of mouths to feed. Dotson I’ll predict 625 yards and 3 TD’s. 

- Alec Pierce isn’t strong enough at all to be an NFL receiver right now, there is a reason he skipped the bench press at the combine, and he looks super thin. He will be red shirted the first half of the season, and be solely a deep threat in the second half of the season. He will have a lot of fantasy value in 2023, but not this year. Pierce IMO finishes with just 450 yards and 2 TD’s. 

I have questions about London's ability to separate consistently and even when Mariota was at his best he was never a high volume passer. I think their offense will be built around Pitts/Patterson but will likely be one of the worst groups in the league. And considering Mariota's injury history and the fact that they're in the middle of a major rebuild I think there's a good chance that Ridder could start for them sooner rather than later which really caps London's fantasy ceiling, imo.

I like Garrett Wilson but it's just difficult to get super excited about Jets pass catchers as legitimate fantasy options going into the season because Zach just wasn't very good last year. 

I think Watson will step into an MVS type role for the Packers offense it's a little risky to have high expectations for him considering Rodgers history with rookie WRs but he's really one of the only WR threats that they have and they gave up two picks for him. I think he's probably better suited for best ball leagues as someone that probably won't be super consistent but has the big play ability to win you games during his spike weeks. 

Olave brings a different dynamic to the Saints offense than their other WR's and we know Winston likes to push the ball down the field. With the attention that Thomas/Kamara combined with Olave's big play ability, I think he has a chance to have a really good year for them. I was listening to someone talk about Olave as a OROY candidate. 

Jameo is reportedly aiming to be ready by the start of training camp and if he is should be the alpha dog, #1 WR for the Lions offense. 

On 6/5/2022 at 8:20 PM, BayRaider said:

I'm actually extremely high on Dotson and wouldn't be surprised if he has one of the best seasons amongst the rookie WRs. I love his ability to play inside/outside and think he's one of the most well rounded WR prospects coming into the NFL.

Meh, we heard the same things about Devonta Smith, who makes Pierce look like a body builder. Pierce is still 6'3 215 so the physicality shouldn't be a huge issues. IIRC he was the most pressed WR in college football last season. He displayed a solid, vast route tree and was impossible to stop with press coverage. It also doesn't hurt that the Colts really don't have a ton of weapons in the passing game so Pierce should step into a WR2 role from the jump.