Who wins the AFC West in 2022?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the AFC West in 2022?

• Denver Broncos
    • Kansas City Chiefs
    • Las Vegas Raiders
    • Los Angeles Chargers

Just now, NYRaider said:

Moss had 1,000 yards on a 4-12 team with Kerry Collins at QB. But hey, I agree with you, Adams probably won't produce and we won't be very good. 

Where did I say that? Keep doing what you always do and put words in peoples mouths. You’re a joke still.

1 minute ago, FloydFan said:

Where did I say that? Keep doing what you always do and put words in peoples mouths. You’re a joke still.

There's no way Adams can produce near what he has before because Carr spreads the ball out too much and Randy Moss wasn't good 2 decades ago, lol. We don't know if Carr's chemistry with Adams will allow the best WR in the NFL to be productive...

Just now, NYRaider said:

There's no way Adams can produce near what he has before because Carr spreads the ball out too much and Randy Moss wasn't good 2 decades ago, lol. We don't know if Carr's chemistry with Adams will allow the best WR in the NFL to be productive...

Yes and Adams is going to break all the records and be the greatest receiver ever in one year. He is going to amass all the yards Rice got ver an entire career in one season and then he will be sainted and we will have an annual holiday for him. See I can be an obtuse straw man as well🤡🤡

2 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Yes and Adams is going to break all the records and be the greatest receiver ever in one year. He is going to amass all the yards Rice got ver an entire career in one season and then he will be sainted and we will have an annual holiday for him. See I can be an obtuse straw man as well🤡🤡

I never said that, my argument has been that based on Carr's past production and McDaniels usage of star players, it's safe to assume that Adams will get 140-150 targets this season.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I never said that, my argument has been that based on Carr's past production and McDaniels usage of star players, it's safe to assume that Adams will get 140-150 targets this season.

Doesn’t feel too great having words put in your mouth. Like I said. I have no doubt Adams will still be a great receiver. He just has more competition for targets now. Waller is a top 3 TE and Hunter is a great receiver in his own right. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FloydFan said:

Doesn’t feel too great having words put in your mouth. Like I said. I have no doubt Adams will still be a great receiver. He just has more competition for targets now. Waller is a top 3 TE and Hunter is a great receiver in his own right. 

I agree with all of that but I'd guess that those three get the bulk of our targets with everyone else used sparingly. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

I agree with all of that but I'd guess that those three get the bulk of our targets with everyone else used sparingly. 

I think we will still see some dump offs to the backs like Carr tends to like. Those three will definitely be the target leaders barring the addition of someone new that is. Say alt hey trade for Cooks then it throws that projection out of whack a little for me. 

• Like 1

Just now, FloydFan said:

I think we will still see some dump offs to the backs like Carr tends to like. Those three will definitely be the target leaders barring the addition of someone new that is. Say alt hey trade for Cooks then it throws that projection out of whack a little for me. 

I don't think that we can afford to trade for Cooks, I'm a little concerned about our WR group after our top two though. Would love to add someone like Darius Slayton via trade, Nelly if he's cut, or Will Fuller in free agency.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think that we can afford to trade for Cooks, I'm a little concerned about our WR group after our top two though. Would love to add someone like Darius Slayton via trade, Nelly if he's cut, or Will Fuller in free agency.

I think we can afford it depending on the asking price. I’d prefer not to trade our draft capital for next year though. Would like to take a flier on Fuller but if Nelly gets the axe that would be perfect. I’m worried about the WR depth big time. One injury to Davantae and we have the worst core in the league maybe.

5 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

I think we can afford it depending on the asking price. I’d prefer not to trade our draft capital for next year though. Would like to take a flier on Fuller but if Nelly gets the axe that would be perfect. I’m worried about the WR depth big time. One injury to Davantae and we have the worst core in the league maybe.

Cooks just signed a 2 year deal with Houston and has a $10M cap hit this year, $26M next year, and $24M the following year. He also has a $43M dead cap hit this year and $33M dead cap hit next year so it just really wouldn't make sense for Houston to trade  him. Also assuming we extend Renfrow and/or rework Waller's deal we'd have way too much cap invested into WR/TE.

There are reports that Nelly is in danger of getting cut but the Pats would have to eat $10M in dead cap.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Cooks just signed a 2 year deal with Houston and has a $10M cap hit this year, $26M next year, and $24M the following year. He also has a $43M dead cap hit this year and $33M dead cap hit next year so it just really wouldn't make sense for Houston to trade  him. Also assuming we extend Renfrow and/or rework Waller's deal we'd have way too much cap invested into WR/TE.

There are reports that Nelly is in danger of getting cut but the Pats would have to eat $10M in dead cap.

Be that as it may, if they really want him they’ll make the numbers work. I do agree though that I don’t see much of a reason for Houston to trade him. Especially if they’re serious about seeing if Mills will progress this year. 

If it happens Raiders need to jump on it. No way they take on that contract in a trade though. 

2 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Be that as it may, if they really want him they’ll make the numbers work. I do agree though that I don’t see much of a reason for Houston to trade him. Especially if they’re serious about seeing if Mills will progress this year. 

If it happens Raiders need to jump on it. No way they take on that contract in a trade though. 

I don't think Houston is eating over $70M in dead cap unless they're getting multiple first round picks back. I also doubt that they would've extended him earlier this off-season if they planned to trade him. 

Darius Slayton seems like the most obtainable WR we could trade for that would fit what we need.

Just now, NYRaider said:

I don't think Houston is eating over $70M in dead cap unless they're getting multiple first round picks back. I also doubt that they would've extended him earlier this off-season if they planned to trade him. 

Darius Slayton seems like the most obtainable WR we could trade for that would fit what we need.

I was referring to the Raiders end, not Houston. Like I said, I don’t think they’re going to trade him. 

I like Slayton. He would add something to the WR room not already there. 

• Like 1

Just now, FloydFan said:

I like Slayton. He would add something to the WR room not already there. 

I think a Slayton for Kenyan Drake trade would make sense for both teams. We have a crowded RB room and they have nothing behind Saquan. 

• Like 1