CB Joe Haden out

warfelg

8 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

This hurts, but if we can hang on and get a first round buy, we should have him back and ready to go for the playoffs, and maybe even the last game or 2 of the regular season.

Would love to see him back 2 weeks early (week 16), but at worst would be nice to have him back week 17, have the bye locked up, play him for a half to 3 quarters, get him into gameflow, then have the bye week to really get him going.

Sucks that he's hurt, but at least it's a more minor one.  He was a great pickup.  There's a reason the Steelers are the #2 defense this year.  He's a large part of it.  I had a feeling they might turn things around a bit this year with the addition of Watt to help upgrade the talent at OLB, and the development and added talent in the secondary (I've said for a while I thought the DL was elite when healthy).  Haden falling into our laps was gigantic.  Losing him just as big, but his replacement has looked ok.  It's a damn good thing the D has really improved this year, because the O is about 10% as good as I expected them to be.  They're pretty much a dud this year, when I thought they'd be #1.  (13th isn't too bad, but it is when you expect to be 1st.  22.7 ppg when expecting 30+)

Overall though the stats for the D are outstanding.  #2 in scoring.  #2 in sacks.  #3 in INTs.  #2 in TDs allowed.  #3 in QB rate allowed.  6th (actually the 3rd team with 4.8 YPP) in yards per play allowed.  Not too shabby.

21 minutes ago, JDLefebvre said:

Any update on when he might be back? 

I think most people are thinking 3-5 weeks. No concrete word, though.

So I think this might be a bit of a blessing. We should get some run with our backup corners. Maybe give Brian Allen some time on the boundary. He might be pretty helpful against the Pats. 

3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think most people are thinking 3-5 weeks. No concrete word, though.

So I think this might be a bit of a blessing. We should get some run with our backup corners. Maybe give Brian Allen some time on the boundary. He might be pretty helpful against the Pats. 

Brian Allen might be the secret weapon vs. the Pats.  B|  Gronk buster.  

Jalen Collins was cut today. He's had some issues with PED's, but that is a quality starting CB up for grabs.

We did it with Cortez Allen last time we beat them. I hope Brian's career goes a little better, though.

They aren't usually this patient with a young late round CB. They have to think pretty highly of him to be keeping him around given the number of bodies they have.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived