CW21's 2023 NFL Draft Thread (Initial QB Grades Up)

CWood21

On 5/24/2022 at 12:28 PM, Packerraymond said:

@CWood21what am I missing on this guy? Wrote him down immediately watching Zach Tom tape and haven't seen him mentioned anywhere. He looks day 2 all day to me.

I have mentioned the dude a few times, love his potential, is a huge dude and a great athlete.  I have him as the 8th or 9th best WR in the 2022 draft and could go higher than that, physically he is right up there with anyone arguably.  

• Like 1

On 5/24/2022 at 12:28 PM, Packerraymond said:

@CWood21what am I missing on this guy? Wrote him down immediately watching Zach Tom tape and haven't seen him mentioned anywhere. He looks day 2 all day to me.

Nothing that I can see.  I'm pretty sure I accidentally omitted him from my list.  Like you said, he looks like a potential Day 2 WR to me right now.  He really came out of nowhere last year, so it'll be interesting to see if he can replicate that production again this year.  He's listed at 6'5", 206 but there's nothing that suggests that long speed is an issue.  I'm not sure he's a burner by any means, but I think he can get behind defenses if you're not paying attention.  Looks a bit fundamentally unsound, but I'm not sure there's anything to suggest that it can't be cleaned up.

• 3 months later...
On 5/21/2022 at 5:49 PM, CWood21 said:

There's some real legitimate talent in this year's WR class.  The top WR off the board is likely to come down to Jordan Addison, Kayshon Boutte, and Jaxson Smith-Njigba.  Jordan Addison is probably the most well-known WR prospect as he won the Biletnikoff award this year, and his much publicized transfer from Pittsburgh to USC.  Kayshon Boutte might be the least known of the 3 since he missed the second half of the season because of an ankle injury, but he was on pace for an 82 reception, 1100 receiving yards, and 20 TD reception season.  Jaxson Smith-Njigba might be the best of the Buckeye WRs last year, and that's saying something as Garrett Wilson and Chris Olave went inside the top 12 picks of the 2022 NFL Draft.  I wouldn't say any of them are physically imposing, but they're all going to be good at the next level.  Beyond those three, there's a myriad of wide receivers that are likely going to hear their names called and given the extreme value of wide receivers this offseason probably hear their names called early.

Johnny Wilson, RS SO, FSU ... one to watch as a riser. 6'7" 235 and he's coming on this year.

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Someone tell me I'm not crazy in thinking there's a clear top 4 in this year's draft already.

talent-wise or draft-wise.  Draft wise I think Stroud and Young go 1 and 2.  Then Anderson and Carter could flip around at 3-4.

Talent wise it is a bit harder.  I do not have Young in the top 4 talent.  Carter, Anderson and Stroud then may be Murphy or Cam Smith.  not sure.

Of course, YMMV

On 11/7/2022 at 1:19 PM, jebrick said:

talent-wise or draft-wise.  Draft wise I think Stroud and Young go 1 and 2.  Then Anderson and Carter could flip around at 3-4.

Talent wise it is a bit harder.  I do not have Young in the top 4 talent.  Carter, Anderson and Stroud then may be Murphy or Cam Smith.  not sure.

Of course, YMMV

I was talking about in general.  Say what you want about the lack of physical tools that Bryce Young has, he's productive.  And I don't think he's playing with amazing WRs like he has in previous years.  But let's put him aside, do you think there's anyone inside the top 3 besides Stroud, Anderson, and Carter?

• 2 weeks later...