Daniel Jones and the 2023 QB Class (This is Also a Draft Thread)

YogiBiz

I thought I’d start this a bit early. Danny Dimes has run out of time. With the team refusing his 5th year option, he has one season left to prove he belongs. 

That statement is not just in regards to his position on this team, it’s in regards to his overall position in this league. If he doesn’t put forth an Elite fourth season he could fighting for a job soon. 

What do I mean by that? Well the 2023 QB class is looking really good. At the top you have guys like Heisman contenders like Bryce Young, and CJ Stroud. A RS So phenom who could go before either in Tyler Van Dyke. The guy breaking all of Matt Ryan’s passing records at BC in Phil Jurkovec with good mechanics, arm strength and, a really good athlete. Raw passers with elite arm strength, good feel for navigating the pocket, and/or elite athleticism in Will Levis and Anthony Richardson. A guy who’s thrown for 6k yards in the past two seasons in Jake Haener (undersized but he throws the ball with plenty of zip and has surprising arm strength because of his size and he’s accurate to boot). Another small school guy who isn’t to take any hits and has the toughness and athleticism to get up and do it all over again in Grayson McCall (he needs to work on his lower body mechanics to maximize his throw velocity because he has only slightly above average arm strength; he’s still a round 2 to 3  guy in my eyes). 

This doesn’t even consider the other potential members of this class. Like the guy with something to prove in Cali, Rattler who if he bounces back this class gets better. And the unknown who could become with the athleticism, arm strength, and fire to be a star on Sunday’s in Cameron Ward.  

There are 8 guys next year with a chance to go in round 1 next year; while it’s closer to four unless Richardson and Levis shows more improvement as a passer, Levis has shown more but not enough for me, and Haener posts another 4K+ 30td+ season but I would definitely draft him in the 20s. If Ward shows out, he will shoot up draft boards. 

Now with all that said. Teams in the league will not be lining up to give Jones starter money next year, especially with the talent influx of next years class. That is unless he proves he’s worth more than the lottery ticket QB needy teams will be holding next year. 

Below I’ll go over some prospects strengths and my personal scouting reports. I’ll also post game clips of these guys in 2022 so we can have a clear picture of who we want to replace Jones with. Lol

I just took a peek at Todd Mcshay’s first 2022 mock draft. Crazy where things change.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2022/insider/story/_/id/31383687/nfl-mock-draft-2022-todd-mcshay-early-predictions-all-32-first-round-picks-next-year-including-five-qbs

#2: Kedon Slovis- Injured/Benched/Transfer

#7: Sam Howell- 5th round pick

#11: Spencer Rattler-Benched/Transferred

#15: Malik Willis- 3rd Round pick

#16: Desmond Ridder- 3rd round pick

• Like 1