Around the NFL: (2022 Edition)

My main reason for starting this thread was what I heard listening to a recent Move the Sticks podcast after the draft where Daniel Jeremiah mentioned what he's been hearing is Denzel Mims has been "off the charts" in the offseason. Looks like he does have much more hope than Reagor lol. @Kiltman

Also, gonna @Danger and @Jeezla, cause I remember you guys saying you were really high on him. 

The Jets guy in the video also mentioned that if Mims does take a significant step that they could easily cut Corey Davis for almost no dead cap hit (666k... lol) after this season and save 10.5 million. Next year would be the last year of Davis' contract anyways. If Mims doesn't step up Davis is only under contract for a little over 11 million next year anyways, so that's a pretty great contract to have in todays WR market anyways. Their WR room is in pretty great shape regardless, but Mims stepping up would help their situation even more.

So like former Eagle Devonta Smith ? :(

Anyone else listen to the radio about 2 days when they were talking about how the cowboys suck.. and the Texans have them beat on like every sweet stat and win/loss records. Including regular season and even post season in the last 25 years I believe it was? Tried to look for a list but couldn't find it

It was glorious hearing the rundown on the radio though. The Texans are the better team in Texas over the last 25 years. That's really really bad lol

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Also, gonna @Danger and @Jeezla, cause I remember you guys saying you were really high on him. 

As I remember it me and Kilt were the first two on the Mims bandwagon when he was rated as a 5th round prospect. And then he rose up, higher than I thought he shoulda been. Taking before like the mid 2nd was too rich for me.

8 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

What would Bradberry cost? Surely we can't afford a 20M on average CB on this roster?

Not sure, but we are near the bottom right now in terms of cap space right now I think. We will have some money freed up come June 1st from Cox’s post June 1st designation, but that would involve Bradberry waiting until after June 1st to sign and not sure how realistic that is. Plus, there will be a lot of other teams with more cap space right now that also did a post June 1st or two and will have more money coming to them as well.

I probably wouldn’t get your hopes up.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

Yep, moneys an issue right now I’d imagine. If Bradberry is top tier left I’m thinking we’re looking for tier 2/3. I’m wondering how much they believe in Wallace at this point. A S is still a pressing need. Maybe convert one of the young CBs? With a little more versatility in our LBs, Gannons got some options at least. White is a converted S and Dean carries light. Maybe we’ll see more single high than we expected? 

Here is my take on it…

A factor to consider with Bradberry is he’s about to be 29 years old before the season and isn’t all that much younger than Slay. Would we really sign him for more than a year or two maybe? No matter if it’s 1 to 2 years Howie is probably gonna have to put a lot in the signing bonus and spread it over like 3 additional dummy years past when his contract is over which we would be on the hook for after his contract expires. 

Also, his man coverage according to Giants fans regressed and while we did run a lot of zone especially the first 2/3rds of the season we did play a lot more man down the stretch and who knows if Gannon wants to do more of that this year.

Would he be an upgrade to what we have right now and help in the short term? Definitely. I don’t really see how it benefits long term though. Drafting a corner early would’ve been the way to do that and we’ll now probably have to wait until 2023 for that. I think it’s fair to wonder if we aren’t just better off letting all the young corners we drafted/traded compete for the job and see where we have there before we do go into next season. While not sexy we can always sign a cheap veteran later for insurance if they think we need it based on what they’re seeing from the young guys.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Not sure, but we are near the bottom right now in terms of cap space right now I think. We will have some money freed up come June 1st from Cox’s post June 1st designation, but that would involve Bradberry waiting until after June 1st to sign and not sure how realistic that is. Plus, there will be a lot of other teams with more cap space right now that also did a post June 1st or two and will have more money coming to them as well.

I probably wouldn’t get your hopes up.

Too late hopes are up!

Work your cap magic Howard S Roseman! 

• Like 1

If a lot of teams are interested in him we are very likely to miss out on him. I don't see Howie getting into a bidding war for an aging DB even though we have a massive hole at CB. I would be all about signing him though, makes our starting roster look very solid.

• Like 1