Around the NFL: (2022 Edition)

39 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

If a lot of teams are interested in him we are very likely to miss out on him. I don't see Howie getting into a bidding war for an aging DB even though we have a massive hole at CB. I would be all about signing him though, makes our starting roster look very solid.

That’s my thinking too, but Pete is trying pretty hard to speak it into existence. He might have some Howie Roseman voodoo doll he hasn’t told us about that he’s using right now. If Bradberry does sign here we’ll know he was behind it somehow.

6 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

That’s my thinking too, but Pete is trying pretty hard to speak it into existence. He might have some Howie Roseman voodoo doll he hasn’t told us about that he’s using right now. If Bradberry does sign here we’ll know he was behind it somehow.

6fjn11.jpg

• Like 2

I like Bradberry and obviously would love him here for the right deal but the league seems him to value him as well. I'd be very surprised to see him join the Eagles. He seems like he's going to get a decently sized deal and I doubt the Eagles will be the one to give it to him. 

32 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

Who are some teams who are heavy at Safety? Bengals, Ravens...? Who else could possibly willing to part with a quality player at that position?

Yeah, the Ravens are getting offers for Chuck Clark.

Maybe the Chargers would be willing to part with Nasir Adderley as they drafted JT Woods in the 3rd round?

Adderley was born in Philly and played HS ball in Malvern a bit outside the city, so it would be a good story too. I remember wanting him in the 2019 draft, cause it was clear Jenkins time with the Eagles was coming to an end. We ended up going with JJAW at 57 instead and Adderley went at 60 to the Chargers. :/

But, really I'm hoping since the Bengals weren't able to come to a long term deal with Jessie Bates and drafted Daxton Hill in the first round who could replace him as the free safety next year that they let him explore free agency next off-season and Howie goes after him. We already heard that we made a comparable offer to Baltimore for Marcus Williams who is another safety like Bates that is great coverage wise from deep. If he gets to FA I think we would be a top suitor for his services and Roseman would probably rather draft a corner high rather than a safety anyways based on his history.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, the Ravens are getting offers for Chuck Clark.

Maybe the Chargers would be willing to part with Nasir Adderley as they drafted JT Woods in the 3rd round?

Adderley was born in Philly and played HS ball in Malvern a bit outside the city, so it would be a good story too. I remember wanting him in the 2019 draft, cause it was clear Jenkins time with the Eagles was coming to an end. We ended up going with JJAW at 57 instead and Adderley went at 60 to the Chargers. :/

But, really I'm hoping since the Bengals weren't able to come to a long term deal with Jessie Bates and drafted Daxton Hill in the first round who could replace him as the free safety next year that they let him explore free agency next off-season and Howie goes after him. We already heard that we made a comparable offer to Baltimore for Marcus Williams who is another safety like Bates that is great coverage wise from deep. If he gets to FA I think we would be a top suitor for his services and Roseman would probably rather draft a corner high rather than a safety anyways based on his history.

Maybe they'll consider trading Bates vs letting him walk

Can't just count on drafting corner and safety high next year. For one, we just don't value those positions highly in the draft. Secondly, we'll more than likely need both 1sts to use on a new QB. Sorry but I'm not placing any bets on Jalen becoming the franchise QB. If those positions are addressed next year, they'll likely have to be trades using 2nd/3rd rounders, players selected in those rounds, or high price signings. Those two 2023 1sts are ear-marked for a new QB. Aka no need scouting next year's surefire first round quality corners and safeties.

Edited by EagleBlueDon

33 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Maybe they'll consider trading Bates vs letting him walk

It's possible. I mean they may want more than the 3rd round comp pick they would get for him in FA. They could try tagging him which will be more expensive as it will be their 2nd time tagging him and try and trade him and see if they can get a 2nd rounder back. Obviously the Bengals have been a notoriously cheap franchise and they'll have contracts coming up that will break the bank in Chase and Burrow, so fingers crossed!

11 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Can't just count on drafting corner and safety high next year. For one, we just don't value those positions highly in the draft. Secondly, we'll more than likely need both 1sts to use on a new QB. Sorry but I'm not placing any bets on Jalen becoming the franchise QB. If those positions are addressed next year, they'll likely have to be trades using 2nd/3rd rounders, players selected in those rounds, or high price signings. Those two 2023 1sts are ear-marked for a new QB. Aka no need scouting next year's surefire first round quality corners and safeties.

Eh... nothing is written in stone. Not saying we should be placing bets on Hurts being the franchise guy, but what if we win the division and Saints get a wildcard? That's a distinct possibility and would assuredly take us out of contention for the top QBs in next years class. There still may be other QBs we could target in said scenario if guys step up and prove themselves, but I don't just watch players during the college season or after just for the Eagles drafting purposes. That is my main focus, but I'm a fan of the draft as a whole and like to be able to have takes on the top prospects as a whole.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I’m the mustard…minding my business thinking about important things like rookie numbers and reading the schedule tea leaves

I hate that they’re making us wait till basically mid May for the schedule release. In 2019 it was released April 17th then 2020 pushed it back to May 7th and these past two years have been May 12th. I’d rather it comes out the day before or after the draft.

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Those two 2023 1sts are ear-marked for a new QB. Aka no need scouting next year's surefire first round quality corners and safeties.

There's a better chance a DB is taken then the Eagles yet again wasting more draft capital on a Rookie QB.

In fact I'll go as far as to say baring injury basically derailing Jalen Hurts 3rd season. Not only is he not going anywhere,  he's going to start working in 2023 towards earning his 2nd contract.  Pissing a whole bunch of you off. 🙉

Prepare to complain for the foreseeable future EBD. Kids going to eat in his 2nd season in Sirianni's offense and Starter not having to rely on studs like Reagor, JJAW, Ward and Hightower for 70% of his WR production.

AJ, Smitty, Quez, Paschal, --->(#5WR Reagor)

Edited by Nabbs4u