Around the NFL: (2022 Edition)

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Who would you take for dynasty? Jefferson or Chase?

Jefferson. At least for this year. Should get more targets. Is it full point PPR?
BUT! Maybe MIN moves on from Cousins if he can't get to the playoffs, and then Jefferson gets stuck with a bad QB after this season? Something to think about.
Non-PPR scoring I take Chase.
Can't really go wrong either way, but I usually take the freakier athlete (Davante or Hopkins or Michael Thomas vs Julio? Give me Julio). Jefferson is in a great situation for high targets though. Theilan is 31 now and Dalvin Cook misses a lot of snaps. Meanwhile, Chase is sharing targets with Higgins, Boyd, and Mixon. 

If I was building an actual NFL team from scratch, there is no WR I'm taking over Ja'Marr Chase, but fantasy is a tricky mistress.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

On 7/14/2022 at 6:07 PM, Jeezla said:

Jefferson. At least for this year. Should get more targets. Is it full point PPR?
BUT! Maybe MIN moves on from Cousins if he can't get to the playoffs, and then Jefferson gets stuck with a bad QB after this season? Something to think about.
Non-PPR scoring I take Chase.
Can't really go wrong either way, but I usually take the freakier athlete (Davante or Hopkins or Michael Thomas vs Julio? Give me Julio). Jefferson is in a great situation for high targets though. Theilan is 31 now and Dalvin Cook misses a lot of snaps. Meanwhile, Chase is sharing targets with Higgins, Boyd, and Mixon. 

If I was building an actual NFL team from scratch, there is no WR I'm taking over Ja'Marr Chase, but fantasy is a tricky mistress.

Yeah, I'm thinking of creating a dynasty league with friends/fam. Not sure if it will be full or half point PPR, but it probably isn't gonna be standard. I feel you on the full PPR giving Jefferson a slight advantage. I think its hard to go wrong with either considering their ages and skill sets, but just was curious if you had a preference. You're right about the targets for Jefferson. I do feel more comfortable with Burrow for the next 5+ years for dynasty. It's a tough call.

On 7/16/2022 at 3:30 AM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, I'm thinking of creating a dynasty league with friends/fam. Not sure if it will be full or half point PPR, but it probably isn't gonna be standard. I feel you on the full PPR giving Jefferson a slight advantage. I think its hard to go wrong with either considering their ages and skill sets, but just was curious if you had a preference. You're right about the targets for Jefferson. I do feel more comfortable with Burrow for the next 5+ years for dynasty. It's a tough call.

I'd still stick with Jefferson even without knowing the QB. He's better and probably the best in the NFL TBH not named Adams. Yes there's kupp but that was a serious season outta nowhere and serious injuries. Still would rank them 3 Adams Kupp Jefferson all tier 1 and would not pass up on any to pick Chase. 

Love chase. Had him and Jefferson last year but I've had Jefferson the last two seasons and man he's the Best. He'll be passing up Adams soon enough

If your league is all about bombs then their could be a case for chase. Still think Jefferson might be 1a in that scenario also.

Even if he gets a crap QB, that crap QB is gonna feed him like crazy anyways. In this scenario he's still probably better since he'll be going at it all game every game vs Bengals being good and could blow teams out possibly without chase like a few games this past year. Jefferson will get fed and be in garbage time more often which is great TBH

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I'd still stick with Jefferson even without knowing the QB. He's better and probably the best in the NFL TBH not named Adams. Yes there's kupp but that was a serious season outta nowhere and serious injuries. Still would rank them 3 Adams Kupp Jefferson all tier 1 and would not pass up on any to pick Chase. 

Love chase. Had him and Jefferson last year but I've had Jefferson the last two seasons and man he's the Best. He'll be passing up Adams soon enough

If your league is all about bombs then their could be a case for chase. Still think Jefferson might be 1a in that scenario also.

Even if he gets a crap QB, that crap QB is gonna feed him like crazy anyways. In this scenario he's still probably better since he'll be going at it all game every game vs Bengals being good and could blow teams out possibly without chase like a few games this past year. Jefferson will get fed and be in garbage time more often which is great TBH

Good stuff man. Can’t really disagree with any of that.

Pretty cool of him to praise Davante like that. What Adams did to Slay in 2020 was straight up nasty lol. His release work and routes are great. It sucks Jefferson has the mentality I wish Reagor came even close to. Doesn’t help that Jalen’s speed fell off from his early college career and he’s a stiff. 

On 7/18/2022 at 4:14 AM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Good stuff man. Can’t really disagree with any of that.

Pretty cool of him to praise Davante like that. What Adams did to Slay in 2020 was straight up nasty lol. His release work and routes are great. It sucks Jefferson has the mentality I wish Reagor came even close to. Doesn’t help that Jalen’s speed fell off from his early college career and he’s a stiff. 

There's another reason to love him. Humble and cocky is a hard trait to nail down without sounding stupid. 

Regardless him and Chase will be at the top of the NFL for a long time. Chase more so Top 5 and Jefferson top 2, not much of a difference but in fantasy it could be

On 7/21/2022 at 1:35 PM, Kiltman said:

Cards gave in with Kyler, a grossly overpaying in the process if you ask me. Glad he won’t be an option for us next year.

Man these contracts are nuts! 

As much as I believe in Hurts I dunno if i'd feel comfortable with him eating up our cap space with a contract like that. If we get a sweet deal which is possible with Howie then that's different. He better get us to the NFCG at least if he's gonna get that payday

It's not my money so IDC really but when it comes to hurting the eagles cap space to make other moves then I do care

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

This is worrying to say the least…

Matches up with a lot of stuff people have said about Kyler. And really if it’s the case it makes even more sense why he drops so much in that latter part of the season.