Around the NFL: (2022 Edition)

24 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:
Not great for those who wanted Fangio to replace Gannon.

How so? I mean, at this point I'm ok with keeping Gannon, so long as we can figure out how to deal with the run a bit more.

Regardless of who our DC is next season there's likely to be a drop off with the number of free agents we have this off season on this side of the ball.

55 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I mean I was a Gannon hater but at this point you have to be happy he is coming back if he does. He is far from perfect, but he has to get credit for what this D has done the past two months.

Wouldn't call myself a hater or even supporter. I'm still on the fence. Our defense is freaking loaded at every position pretty much. Especially the most important ones. So it's hard to tell if it's his scheme or just the flat out talent making up for anything that's poor about Gannon. 

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'd be happy about Gannon coming back, even only if it's for continuity purposes. Continuity in coaching and coordinating is good when your team is good imo.

Yeah, scheme was pretty good. But will need some boosts in the offseason.

New CB2, bolster the DL, LB?

There's a reason several HC spots are still open and it's probably playoff related.

Neither JG or Steichen are guaranteed to be back, just saying.

Every team was waiting for the Sean Payton and DeMeco Ryans domino to fall. Either or both sign or don't dictates the rest getting hired. Especially our two listed above.

Edited by Nabbs4u

6 hours ago, Danger said:
6 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:
Not great for those who wanted Fangio to replace Gannon.

How so? I mean, at this point I'm ok with keeping Gannon, so long as we can figure out how to deal with the run a bit more.

Regardless of who our DC is next season there's likely to be a drop off with the number of free agents we have this off season on this side of the ball.

I mean it’s kinda obvious how so. The people that want Gannon gone should also want Fangio as the replacement cause it’s the most seamless transition. I don’t hate Gannon or want him gone, but he’s gonna most likely get a HC job based off what we’ve heard about his interpersonal skills. I get the logic of wanting to get an older coordinator who is fine sticking in that post for years to come. Also, there is a chance Gannon could stay this year. Some other team hires Dennard Wilson away as DC and then Gannon leaves next year and Fangio is off the market next year. Obviously you can always try and find the next best thing, but yeah. 

Speaking of Dennard he’s on this list along with two Eagles offensive coaches.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He’s gonna end up taking the Niners DC job huh?

Honestly think he's waiting till after the NFCCG either way. No reason to sign anywhere if SF/Philly become available next week.

Still believe talks have occurred between him and Howie if Gannon takes a job after this game. No distractions was the plan until SB weeks if not after imo.

40 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Honestly think he's waiting till after the NFCCG either way. No reason to sign anywhere if SF/Philly become available next week.

Still believe talks have occurred between him and Howie if Gannon takes a job after this game. No distractions was the plan until SB weeks if not after imo.

Yeah, you’re the top name. Wait for the best spot.