2022 Schedule Release

Kiltman

1 hour ago, Daimonas said:

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

I just turned 40, but if my friends wanted to start a D&D campaign, I would (never played it, and made fun of those who did when I was younger). I would also just as happily go camping, or jet ski riding, or go to a concert, or play sloshball, or ride off-road vehicles. And I'll also watch some god damn anime and read some god damn manga when I can't do really dope stuff.

D&D is fun as hell and I wish I had a regular group to do it with

It’s super fun. I want to do it more, I think I’d be a good DM (just the right amount of no life to facilitate it too) but want more time as a player first.

Yeah if you can find a group it’s great. Sucked, I finally had a group to do it with (after wanting to play since I was a kid) and the pandemic killed it before our 4th meetup to play.

29 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Yea, I’d imagine you are. So your clearly into some **** well before your time. 

I think that's the brilliance of the internet is we can stream (legally and illegally) and torrent stuff from before our time. Like its not anime, but as a 19/20 year old I was torrenting Akira Kurosawa movies from the 1960s to watch. That is something my dad's generation (Boomer) or even my older sisters (Gen X) could never dream of back when they were that age.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

33 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Also, this thread getting derailed just made me realize something. Whatever happened to TAET?

I didn't often post in there, but I guess that just died out, huh?

most people don't really post until the season starts or when notable events happen so it just kind of got swept away. 

11 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I think that's the brilliance of the internet is we can stream (legally and illegally) and torrent stuff from before our time. Like its not anime, but as a 19/20 year old I was torrenting Akira Kurosawa movies from the 1960s to watch. That is something my dad's generation (Boomer) or even my older sisters (Gen X) could never dream of back when they were that age.

Yes of course. We were slightly behind that era. A lot of my advanced friends had that tech and some of us were slow to adapt. But yea, it’s a relatively “new” thing. The access people have to information and entertainment is just unprecedented now. It’s literally woven into our lives. I have a brother in law who’s 15 and all he knows is infinite access to everything. I didn’t have that at 15 at all. AOL was more like 18-20 for me and I didn’t use it. Anything internet to me was for research for papers. My first iPhone was the real eye opener for someone that didn’t have their own computer. Unlimited hentai and all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Yes of course. We were slightly behind that era. A lot of my advanced friends had that tech and some of us were slow to adapt. But yea, it’s a relatively “new” thing. The access people have to information and entertainment is just unprecedented now. It’s literally woven into our lives. I have a brother in law who’s 15 and all he knows is infinite access to everything. I didn’t have that at 15 at all. AOL was more like 18-20 for me and I didn’t use it. Anything internet to me was for research for papers. My first iPhone was the real eye opener for someone that didn’t have their own computer. Unlimited hentai and all. 

The weirdest thing to me is that I almost never see kids ride bikes/skate to elementary school anymore. They all get dropped off and it causes a huge traffic jam. My friends and I rode bikes or rollerbladed like 4 miles to school starting in 3rd grade until freshman year of HS. Also get a lot more amber alerts these days, so I get it, but kids should be riding bmx bikes instead of digital delights.

Edited by Jeezla

18 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

What in the nerd **** is going on in here?

🤣 Legitimately lol'd. Normally when threads spiral out of control on this site they descend into petty madness, not cultural exchange. Can't you just be happy for us nerds?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

tumblr_pwq4345Niw1s8mph2o1_540.gifv

First one that came to mind.

I know you said just one, but all of the following are pretty cool/badass:

Mugen from Champloo, Spike from Bebop. Meruem or Killua from HxH. Mustang from FMA:B. Zoro from One Piece. Vegeta from DBZ.

I know Guts is probably one of most badass characters, but I haven't watched/read enough of Berserk to truly list him, but RIP to the mangaka Kentaro Miura who just passed away last year.

From YuYu Hakusho?

19 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Let's all just be men about it then.
Post a pic of the greatest anime character of all time.
Not 5 different people. Not 4, 3, or 2. You pick 1 guy/gal/it that, in your opinion, is the coolest singular anime character ever- and they can't be originally from a video game, then adapted into anime, like Sephiroth/Sub-Zero/Alucard/etc.

How would you build Roy Mustang from Fullmetal Alchemist? :  r/WhatWouldYouBuild

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RBreezy said:

What away game is the best travel option? Excluding Arizona because I just went to a bachelor party in Scottsdale.

Let's here your thoughts, gents 

Probably Indy? Not a high murder rate city, and you'll probably never find another reason to visit Indianapolis. We should also win the game, imo. And it's supposedly a nice stadium, even if it's not LV or LA or Minny.

Texans game should be an auto-win, and you can make fun of the Cowboys with the Texans fans without fear of getting sucker punched.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeezla said:

The weirdest thing to me is that I almost never see kids ride bikes/skate to elementary school anymore. They all get dropped off and it causes a huge traffic jam. My friends and I rode bikes or rollerbladed like 4 miles to school starting in 3rd grade until freshman year of HS. Also get a lot more amber alerts these days, so I get it, but kids should be riding bmx bikes instead of digital delights.

Yea those days are over. Riding my bike to school was like a rite of passage. Only 6th graders were allowed use the bike racks. You were officially cool as hell. Things change, as they didn’t understand us when we were adolescences either.