2022 Schedule Release

Kiltman

2 hours ago, RBreezy said:

What away game is the best travel option? Excluding Arizona because I just went to a bachelor party in Scottsdale.

Let's here your thoughts, gents 

Fly into Austin. 2 1/2 hour drive to Houston. Nothings going to be better than that this year. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Yea those days are over. Riding my bike to school was like a rite of passage. Only 6th graders were allowed use the bike racks. You were officially cool as hell. Things change, as they didn’t understand us when we were adolescences either. 

My 5th and 6th grade class were snobby about it too. If you didn't have a GT Mach 1, or a Redline, or a Haro, or a Mongoose BMX bike- you were wack. Come to school with a Huffy? Getting made fun of. Chain guard on? Getting made fun of. All of us would have jacked up legs from getting cut by our bear claw pedals.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

My 5th and 6th grade class were snobby about it too. If you didn't have a GT Mach 1, or a Redline, or a Haro, or a Mongoose BMX bike- you were wack. Come to school with a Huffy? Getting made fun of. Chain guard on? Getting made fun of. All of us would have jacked up legs from getting cut by our bear claw pedals.

Can't forget the pegs on the back wheels. Front ones were okay but a little excessive imo

51 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Yea, exactly. You had a diamondback or you walked. Actually mountain bikes were ok too. For some reason they got popular in my area. We did a lot of trail and woods riding though where I grew up. Pegs were a must as well. So much theft though lol. 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Fly into Austin. 2 1/2 hour drive to Houston. Nothings going to be better than that this year. 

Isn't Austin a great city if you're a foodie too?

I've never step foot in Texas, but its an appealing state to live in IMO besides the fact its littered with Cowboys fans.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Probably Indy? Not a high murder rate city, and you'll probably never find another reason to visit Indianapolis. We should also win the game, imo.

I could see us losing that game IMO.

We'll be coming off hopefully 3 straight wins after the bye against the Steelers then Texans and finally Commanders at home which will be a very emotiionally charged game. I could easily see us going on the road and dropping that game to the Colts. I had us losing Indy and Green Bay in back to back weeks on my initial prediction. It might be more likely we beat the Packers than Colts, cause that game is in Philly and not Lambeau and I can see us losing against the Colts and coming home and getting our bearings right in a game people expect us to lose. The Packers offense despite still having Rodgers doesn't scare me nearly as much without Davante. Slay usually struggled more with bigger receivers like DK and Davante. I don't think he's scared to go up against Watson who is raw as a receiver and light in the pants.

14 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Isn't Austin a great city if you're a foodie too?

I've never step foot in Texas, but its an appealing state to live in IMO besides the fact its littered with Cowboys fans.

Austin is legitimately awesome. Great food, lots of nature things to hit up (Lake Travis, Barton Springs etc). If you like to party there's a ton of bars and bachelorette parties lol

Austin is cool and all but it's a logistical nightmare to get anywhere and there is always a not so low percentage chance you're going to get mugged by a homeless guy. 6th street is nearly legitimately gross. That said I'm not much of a city guy so I could be over exaggerating. I lived on the outskirts of Austin for most of my life.

On 5/15/2022 at 3:42 PM, Daimonas said:

Austin is cool and all but it's a logistical nightmare to get anywhere and there is always a not so low percentage chance you're going to get mugged by a homeless guy. 6th street is nearly legitimately gross. That said I'm not much of a city guy so I could be over exaggerating. I lived on the outskirts of Austin for most of my life.

Definitely some valid points, but yeah I feel like our perspectives are different because you've been there for a while lol. I def enjoyed it for a long weekend. Not sure id live there though 

22 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

Definitely some valid points, but yeah I feel like our perspectives are different because you've been there for a while lol. I def enjoyed it for a long weekend. Not sure id live there though 

i imagine it's similar to visiting LA as opposed to living in LA.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2022 at 12:42 PM, Daimonas said:

What is the best big city in Texas to live in your opinion or live near at least? From what I know San Antonio is kinda boring, people are a little older, and Chuck says they got fat women 😂😅. Austin I know has a good food scene and is probably a bit younger (college city) and has a great food scene but is kinda hipster-ish. Houston is a melting pot, but has the worst crime. Benny the Butcher got shot when he was in Houston and I saw a video from the Galleria mall with dudes shooting point blank in broad daylight a couple weeks ago. Dallas might actually be the best of the big cities

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

What is the best big city in Texas to live in your opinion or live near at least? From what I know San Antonio is kinda boring, people are a little older, and Chuck says they got fat women 😂😅. Austin I know has a good food scene and is probably a bit younger (college city) and has a great food scene but is kinda hipster-ish. Houston is a melting pot, but has the worst crime. Benny the Butcher got shot when he was in Houston and I saw a video from the Galleria mall with dudes shooting point blank in broad daylight a couple weeks ago. Dallas might actually be the best of the big cities

I'm more of a hermit than I am a city-goer and I've never personally lived deep in any of the big cities so I would take my opinions with the smallest grain of salt. That said I've not spent much time at all in San Antonio so I can't really comment on that. Houston is pretty cool if you can get passed the fact that it's basically a garbage dump aesthetically. I'd argue from experience and the experience of those around me that Houston probably has the best food scene out of the big cities; it's much more of a mix of cultures due to its melting pot nature than Austin, who instead of cultivating food scenes they basically import it. Dallas I haven't been to a whole hell of a lot but I've always left with impression it's more of an industrial/professional city. I'd say Austin is probably the most fun to live in if you're looking for a city with lots of different stuff to do or experience. It tries really hard to be LA-lite. 

As for my absolute personal opinion? I REALLY enjoyed my time growing up visiting some of the coastal cities in Texas. I really loved Corpus Christi. Galveston was pretty cool. Most recently I've lived in rather small cities/towns in central Texas. They suit me well as someone who just likes to chill at home and there's a good amount of nature around so when I do go out it's usually nice and scenic. 

Killeen sucks and basically has a murder every week never go there. 

If you want the absolute lowest cost of living while still being able to build or rent a half decent home go down to one of the border towns like McAllen. There isn't **** to do there but man you could probably build an equivalent home there for a third of the price in any of the big cities. Amazing Mexican food spots too.

Edited by Daimonas
  • Like 1