2022 Schedule Release

Kiltman

5 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

What is the best big city in Texas to live in your opinion or live near at least? From what I know San Antonio is kinda boring, people are a little older, and Chuck says they got fat women 😂😅. Austin I know has a good food scene and is probably a bit younger (college city) and has a great food scene but is kinda hipster-ish. Houston is a melting pot, but has the worst crime. Benny the Butcher got shot when he was in Houston and I saw a video from the Galleria mall with dudes shooting point blank in broad daylight a couple weeks ago. Dallas might actually be the best of the big cities

Ignore @Daimonas. Austin is the best city in TX. If for nothing else, its our BBQ. But you have to actually venture into public, which Daimonas seems allergic too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daimonas said:

I'm more of a hermit than I am a city-goer and I've never personally lived deep in any of the big cities so I would take my opinions with the smallest grain of salt. That said I've not spent much time at all in San Antonio so I can't really comment on that. Houston is pretty cool if you can get passed the fact that it's basically a garbage dump aesthetically. I'd argue from experience and the experience of those around me that Houston probably has the best food scene out of the big cities; it's much more of a mix of cultures due to its melting pot nature than Austin, who instead of cultivating food scenes they basically import it. Dallas I haven't been to a whole hell of a lot but I've always left with impression it's more of an industrial/professional city. I'd say Austin is probably the most fun to live in if you're looking for a city with lots of different stuff to do or experience. It tries really hard to be LA-lite. 

As for my absolute personal opinion? I REALLY enjoyed my time growing up visiting some of the coastal cities in Texas. I really loved Corpus Christi. Galveston was pretty cool. Most recently I've lived in rather small cities/towns in central Texas. They suit me well as someone who just likes to chill at home and there's a good amount of nature around so when I do go out it's usually nice and scenic. 

Killeen sucks and basically has a murder every week never go there. 

If you want the absolute lowest cost of living while still being able to build or rent a half decent home go down to one of the border towns like McAllen. There isn't **** to do there but man you could probably build an equivalent home there for a third of the price in any of the big cities. Amazing Mexican food spots too.

As for you, living in Austin and complaining is ridiculous. Thats almost the same is living in SD and complaining about the weather. You dont get to complain. You could have been born in Ohio. Cleveland. You could be a browns fan. Imagine the terror.

Edited by Matts4313

Houston probably has the best food scene out of the big cities; it's much more of a mix of cultures due to its melting pot nature than Austin, who instead of cultivating food scenes they basically import it.

Very interesting. I loved Anthony Bourdain’s Parts Unknown episode of Houston which is where I first found out about it’s melting pot nature which I believe is only second behind NYC which obviously will never be topped. That makes perfect sense that while Austin may have some great restaurants that you can’t easily just replicate what Houston has.

RIP to Bourdain. Learned so much from his shows.

But, yeah as far as aesthetics from what I’ve seen you are right Houston isn’t the prettiest looking city for sure.

As for my absolute personal opinion? I REALLY enjoyed my time growing up visiting some of the coastal cities in Texas. I really loved Corpus Christi. Galveston was pretty cool. Most recently I've lived in rather small cities/towns in central Texas. They suit me well as someone who just likes to chill at home and there's a good amount of nature around so when I do go out it's usually nice and scenic. 

Good stuff. Yeah I didn’t even think of the costal cities. I’d probably like to live a little outside the city, but close enough to go visit on occasions. 

Killeen sucks and basically has a murder every week never go there. 

Yeah that’s north of Austin I also know from reading about crime that Humble which is north of Houston is really dangerous too. 

If you want the absolute lowest cost of living while still being able to build or rent a half decent home go down to one of the border towns like McAllen. There isn't **** to do there but man you could probably build an equivalent home there for a third of the price in any of the big cities. Amazing Mexican food spots too.

Makes sense. I feel like you would be a decent distance from any city down there, but cost of living is important and why I understand how a lot of Californians have moved to Texas over the past decade plus. Couldn’t imagine raising a family in California nowadays. It’s just way too expensive. My parents first home that I grew up in  as a kid in the Inland Empire which is a  cheaper area of Southern California compared to LA, SD, or OC… was valued a little over 700k right now on RedFin which is crazy to me cause the property looks worse than when we owned it since a gas pipe leak in the middle of the street (we had a corner house) caused all the flowerbeds ans big trees the city planted on both sidewalks to completely die. I think it killed the grass on the front lawn too. It looked horrible a few years ago, but they I guess they improved it somewhat since, but still looks nowhere near as nice now. It’s a really small home at 1,300 square feet too! We put in an in-ground pebble surfaced pool with a diving board which might help, but still crazy it costs that much. I guess they did upgrade the garage door.

I think I’d want to live somewhat outside one of Austin, Houston or Dallas if I lived there, but not so far away that I couldn’t go visit them if I was so inclined. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

As for you, living in Austin and complaining is ridiculous. Thats almost the same is living in SD and complaining about the weather. You dont get to complain. You could have been born in Ohio. Cleveland. You could be a browns fan. Imagine the terror.

😂😂🤣

Hey my dad was born in Cleveland and raised in Shaker Heights (lived in one of the houses the great Paul Brown used to) and was at the Browns 1964 championship to see Jim Brown win over Johnny Unitas with his dad who had season tickets lol.

But, tbats true if someone was born and raised around SD they should consider themselves lucky. 

I shudder at the idea of growing up somewhere in one of the fly over states in a boring *** area. If I’m to have kids I couldn’t do that to them. I’d consider that child abuse.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

I always thought Matts was from Dallas. No idea he lived in Austin.

I was in Austin a month ago and the city is beautiful, lots of places and things to do. But the traffic is terrible all day and night and it seems there's a line in every restaurant/bar or whatever. I think I would rather live in the Dallas area which was a lot of things too and it's easier to travel from/to. 

I'm from the El Paso area (Texas's unwanted child) so I know what it is like to live in a place where there is nothing to do. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I always thought Matts was from Dallas. No idea he lived in Austin.

I was in Austin a month ago and the city is beautiful, lots of places and things to do. But the traffic is terrible all day and night and it seems there's a line in every restaurant/bar or whatever. I think I would rather live in the Dallas area which was a lot of things too and it's easier to travel from/to. 

I'm from the El Paso area (Texas's unwanted child) so I know what it is like to live in a place where there is nothing to do. 

You could have crashed at my place. Ask @D82, I try to be a good host.

As for Dallas, I would never live there. To many pretentious jerks.  

• Like 1

Houston is a decent city to visit for a weekend. Lots of bars and restaurants, two airports options to fly into, and you can visit Space Center Houston if you're into that. 

Aside from the food scene, though, Houston is a trash city to live in. Too hot, too spread out, too ugly.

42 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:
1 hour ago, eagles26 said:

Aside from the food scene, though, Houston is a trash city to live in. Too hot, too spread out, too ugly.

While that may be true you can find things to complain about in every city.

Nah he is right. Hou is a fun city to visit. But its a swamp that only survives on oil money. Its trash.

For the record, Dallas is also garbage.

But Arlington is nice, which is where we play.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

We already knew about joint practices with the Browns. If we are gonna travel all the way down to Miami for a preseason game we might as well get something more out of it.

DeVonta/Hurts/Tua/Waddle reunion