2022 Schedule Release

Kiltman

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Nah he is right. Hou is a fun city to visit. But its a swamp that only survives on oil money. Its trash.

For the record, Dallas is also garbage.

But Arlington is nice, which is where we play.

It’s so spread out, the no zoning thing is quirky. Weird to see that randomness, seems like it’d be hard to pick the best place to live

3 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

What BBQ places do you recommend for my next visit?

Salt Lick is my recommendation whenever visiting near Austin. I'm biased though since I grew up eating their food pretty regularly. Millers is pretty good if you're visiting near central Texas. Franklins is the obvious recommendation everyone gets. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

As for you, living in Austin and complaining is ridiculous. Thats almost the same is living in SD and complaining about the weather. You dont get to complain. You could have been born in Ohio. Cleveland. You could be a browns fan. Imagine the terror.

Hey I wasn't complaining about living in Austin. I lived on the outskirts and it was great aside from living right next to one of the most dangerous intersections in Texas. All I was saying is people really like to overhype the Austin "experience". It's not some special snowflake city like people enjoy portraying. Even you have to admit it's popularity is pretty artificially fabricated. I also literally said the Austin is the best city in Texas to live in if you enjoy city-life.

And I wouldn't have been a browns fan considering I'm an eagles fan from Texas. 

Edited by Daimonas
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

What BBQ places do you recommend for my next visit?

Franklins is the hot spot. But there is a food truck (at least it used to be) in south Austin called Vincent's. Its really good and you wont have to wait in line for 3 hours like you will at Franklins. 

And no, there is no getting away from the line. They made Obama wait in it. 

Edited by Matts4313

13 hours ago, Daimonas said:

Hey I wasn't complaining about living in Austin. I lived on the outskirts and it was great aside from living right next to one of the most dangerous intersections in Texas. All I was saying is people really like to overhype the Austin "experience". It's not some special snowflake city like people enjoy portraying. Even you have to admit it's popularity is pretty artificially fabricated. I also literally said the Austin is the best city in Texas to live in if you enjoy city-life.

It has got a little hyped. Mainly due to SXSW becoming huge.

13 hours ago, Daimonas said:

And I wouldn't have been a browns fan considering I'm an eagles fan from Texas. 

You dont know that. Austin is pretty much neutral. Cleveland is far from neutral.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Franklins is the hot spot. But there is a food truck (at least it used to be) in south Austin called Vincent's. Its really good and you wont have to wait in line for 3 hours like you will at Franklins. 

And no, there is no getting away from the line. They made Obama wait in it. 

Didn't know Obama waited in it! I thought he just went to the front. 

I got Franklins when I was down there. We got incredibly lucky - it was downpouring the day we picked up, and there was basically no line. Insanely good BBQ, but I'm sure there are places that are less heralded that are just as good.

Not sure if you Texas folks can confirm, but the weather was so bi-polar down there lol. It'd be sunny as hell, and you could hear T-Storms wracking areas not too far away. 

2 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

Didn't know Obama waited in it! I thought he just went to the front. 

No he def didnt. Or atleast they made a photo op of him standing in line. And this city leans left, so they all voted for him. 

It was a legit event. People didnt go into work that day so they could say they ordered BBQ with the pres.

1 hour ago, RBreezy said:

I got Franklins when I was down there. We got incredibly lucky - it was downpouring the day we picked up, and there was basically no line. Insanely good BBQ, but I'm sure there are places that are less heralded that are just as good.

Not sure if you Texas folks can confirm, but the weather was so bi-polar down there lol. It'd be sunny as hell, and you could hear T-Storms wracking areas not too far away. 

Lampasas, Fredericksburg,  Burnet, Llano.... They all have a spot that was once declared the best BBQ in the world. Its a cornucopia of riches. But my fav restaurant is still pluckers. Go there and get whatever that big green drink is. tree frog or something silly. Its fantastic. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

It has got a little hyped. Mainly due to SXSW becoming huge.

You dont know that. Austin is pretty much neutral. Cleveland is far from neutral.

I'd most likely have been a ravens fan if I were born in ohio honestly. Dawkins got me into football due to his intensity and interesting play. Ray Lewis or Ed Reed would have likely done similar.