2022 Schedule Release

Kiltman

4 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

lmfao easy over...

I thought we could win 9 games last year, but I predicted 7 wins being on the conservative side (after getting burned in 2020... we all remember the thread) and honestly we didn't even play our starters in the last week at home with the Cowboys not playing great down the stretch, so we definitely could've won 10 games. I was pretty accurate with my division predictions last season though. Only thing I was off about was WFT/Eagles records were flipped from where I had them.

On one of the NFL Network shows before the Schedule Release show. Cynthia Frelund who is the "analytics expert" over at NFL Network was talking about what win totals the model she uses had teams at and for the NFC East the Eagles were 9.8 with the Cowboys just behind at 9.6, so 10 wins should be very achievable, especially with the upgrades we made and like I said if we played our starters that last week at home I firmly believe we could've hit that 10 last year. 

I was trying to find losses on the schedule and actually had us at 13-4, but then I realized I was being too much of a homer and gave the Saints the W instead to bring us down to 12-5... I think that's definitely achievable though. I think 10 wins should be the lowest we finish with if we stay relatively healthy and the offense and defense improve like I think they should with the additions we made. I'm kinda worried about the secondary to some extent and if we are going into the season with no one having stepped up or signed someone to fill in and be solid at CB2 I might be a little more worried and lower my prediction to 10 or 11 wins. If we can add another safety I'll feel better going into training camp. With that said, I think 9 wins would be a disappointing season. Our schedule isn't that tough on paper and I think our play callers going into their 2nd year should take a jump along with Hurts who hasn't been in the same offense for a consecutive year since HS. People can say what they want about Hurts arm talent, but there hasn't been one year where he hasn't improved to some extent since his true freshman year at Bama and that's not really debatable. Granted he was pretty bad as a passer that first year at Bama and it has been incrimental improvements year to year. The biggest leap was probably his first year at Oklahoma and then next was probably his jump from what we saw as a rookie to his first year starting with Sirianni. Hopefully he takes a jump more significant than last year and more like the type of jump from Bama to OU. If he does that I can see 12 or 13 wins assumign we stay relatively healthy again. If injuries start piling up on us especially in certain spots I don't think we have the depth to handle it and that could sink us to 9 or 10 wins.

Don't be surprised if we take a lot of people by surprise this season like we did in Pederson's 2nd season. I'm not saying we are winning a SB or anything, but I think we'll have a few more wins than some are projecting.

We've owned the saints with Jalen Hurts though. We win that game.

Someone had to counter balance the Universe of optimism in this thread. Thank you Irish.

It always scares me when we as fan especially in this forum have high expectations for a season.  We typically get disappointed. It's the years where there are Zero expectations for the Eagles we tend to get surprised. 

🤞We stay Healthy to find out.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Daimonas said:

I hate that I love that chargers video. Unrealistically surprised/impressed they actually referenced the only actual football anime too.

They did such a good job, the references and digs were great

I think 10+ wins is very realistic. Outside injuries, I think what might kill them would be losing very close games. We have all experienced those kind of seasons when overall the team is playing very well but keep losing heartbreakers due to last second FGs or whatever. And that will come down to the secondary to me. So that that is a real concern. Outside of that I feel the schedule on paper on this day looks easy. They need to take stack early wins.

1 hour ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Week 1 -Win

Week 2 - Win

Week 3 - Loss

Week 4 - Loss

Week 5 - Loss

Week 6 - Loss

Week 7 - Bye

Week 8 - Loss

Week 9 - Win

Week 10 - Loss

Week 11 - Loss

Week 12 - Loss

Week 13 - Loss 

Week 14 - Win

Week 15 - Win

Week 16 - Win

Week 17 - Loss

Week 18 - Loss

Record - 6-11 

6-11? This isn't Doug Pederson my dude.

4 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

We've owned the saints with Jalen Hurts though. We win that game.

I feel you… like I said I had the Saints game as a win, but I thought 13 games was me being a homer and even 12 games is being a homer, but I think it’s feasible. I do think the Saints have a great defense despite what we’ve been able to do to them these past years and Winston if he’s healthy for that game late in the season is definitely a better QB than Hurts has had to face against the Saints the past 2 years which were Hill and Siemian. I do feel better with the game being at the Linc and not the Superdome. 

I could’ve gave the 5th loss to the Vikings or Titans I guess, but I don’t want Justin Jefferson and Vikings fans or Titans fans who are hating on AJ Brown constantly to be happy about getting a win over us lol.

7 hours ago, Daimonas said:

I hate that I love that chargers video. Unrealistically surprised/impressed they actually referenced the only actual football anime too.

Eyeshield 21?

I have watched this more than I'd care to admit. So fun and simple. Wish the Chargers and Eagles played this year just so I could see how they decided to roast Philly in the schedule release video 😅

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I’m a big sports anime fan, but surprisingly I haven’t watched Eyeshield 21.

Same. Was thinking earlier today I should give it a try. If it's even close to Prince of Tennis it would be worth it...

• Like 1