2022 Schedule Release

Kiltman

51 minutes ago, eagles91 said:

Same. Was thinking earlier today I should give it a try. If it's even close to Prince of Tennis it would be worth it...

Haikyuu will always be my favorite sports anime. I’ve watched it so many times and it never has failed to put me in a good mood even when I was struggling with depression.

19 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Haikyuu will always be my favorite sports anime. I’ve watched it so many times and it never has failed to put me in a good mood even when I was struggling with depression.

It's going on my list!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I’m a big sports anime fan, but surprisingly I haven’t watched Eyeshield 21.

It's pretty dated and obviously very anime-y so it's not exactly an accurate viewing experience for football. That said it's fun and hype and hits all my nostalgia checkmarks. I've been told the manga is infinitely better though if you're  willing to read it over watching it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daimonas said:

It's pretty dated and obviously very anime-y so it's not exactly an accurate viewing experience for football. That said it's fun and hype and hits all my nostalgia checkmarks. I've been told the manga is infinitely better though if you're  willing to read it over watching it.

Good to know about the manga part 👌🏻and yeah there are a lot of sports anime that are unrealistic like Kuroko No Basuke (probably worse than Eyeshield as far as that). That’s why Haikyuu is my favorite sports anime is that it’s pretty realistic to the sport, they do a great job explaining the rules, great character development and good animation and music too. It’s a top 10 anime all time regardless of genre to me. Not acting like I’ve seen every anime, but yeah. I was watching some Eyeshield openings this morning and yeah it’s dated animation, but so is Major and I enjoyed that. Same with Ippo now too. Kinda to be expected with how old they all are.

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

Sports Anime... I've never really vibed with.

Different strokes. A lot of people expect their animes to be action packed and a sports anime or slice of life isn’t really gonna give you that.

Edit: Well I shouldn't say sports animes won't give you action cause they will. Some of the most hype I've been watching anime has been with sports animes in the big moments, but they don't give it to you at the same rate as a lot of the other most popular animes with lots of fighting. I think that's why some mangakas make their sports anime have way overpowered players lol. 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

6 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Good to know about the manga part 👌🏻and yeah there are a lot of sports anime that are unrealistic like Kuroko No Basuke (probably worse than Eyeshield as far as that). That’s why Haikyuu is my favorite sports anime is that it’s pretty realistic to the sport, they do a great job explaining the rules, great character development and good animation and music too. It’s a top 10 anime all time regardless of genre to me. Not acting like I’ve seen every anime, but yeah. I was watching some Eyeshield openings this morning and yeah it’s dated animation, but so is Major and I enjoyed that. Same with Ippo now too. Kinda to be expected with how old they all are.

Just go in with an open mind if you watch eyeshield. It's significantly more anime-y than kuruko no basket for sure. It has mini segments that explain the rules of football but it largely ignores a lot of the rules to make way for plot. I'd argue it in the same manner as playing madden, you don't really play madden because it's a good football game, you play madden because it's the only game that has football in it. Eyeshield suffers a lot from both being dated and being at the time one of the only sports animes out there so it didn't get a lot of love animation and budget wise. 

That said I haven't read the manga yet so it could be a lot more cohesive and true to football.

I will say though that while they reuse a lot of music, eyeshields music is as perfect as it will get for sports anime.

This song brings back my childhood nostalgia so easily lmao.

Edited by Daimonas
  • Like 1