2022 Schedule Release

Kiltman

4 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

I'd argue it in the same manner as playing madden, you don't really play madden because it's a good football game, you play madden because it's the only game that has football in it. Eyeshield suffers a lot from both being dated and being at the time one of the only sports animes out there so it didn't get a lot of love animation and budget wise. 

That's a good comparison I think and yeah that context is important when viewing more dated animes. You have to respect the ones who paved the road. I'll definitely keep that in mind when I pick it up to read. I logged into my MAL for the first time in YEARS to add it to my list. I haven't been watching anime as much the past couple years. I was pretty big into it from like 18-27 or so, but have fallen off since the pandemic. I am probably a decent bit behind on One Piece now.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

That's a good comparison I think and yeah that context is important when viewing more dated animes. You have to respect the ones who paved the road. I'll definitely keep that in mind when I pick it up to read. I logged into my MAL for the first time in YEARS to add it to my list. I haven't been watching anime as much the past couple years. I was pretty big into it from like 18-27 or so, but have fallen off since the pandemic. I am probably a decent bit behind on One Piece now.

I've kinda fallen off of watching anime myself the last couple years. I don't like watching shows weekly and waiting 6 months for a 24 episode show to finish really kills my drive to care.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Comedy Reaction GIF by CBS

There was a fighting tournament, so it's a sports anime. People went super saiyan. People died then came back. Enemies turned into friends. Friends turned into in-laws. Final Forms were discovered.  And you're calling it basic? Yea ok.

14 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

There was a fighting tournament, so it's a sports anime. People went super saiyan. People died then came back. Enemies turned into friends. Friends turned into in-laws. Final Forms were discovered.  And you're calling it basic? Yea ok.

I love DBZ, but it’s probably the most popular anime of all time and it’s not a sports anime lol.

Let's all just be men about it then.
Post a pic of the greatest anime character of all time.
Not 5 different people. Not 4, 3, or 2. You pick 1 guy/gal/it that, in your opinion, is the coolest singular anime character ever- and they can't be originally from a video game, then adapted into anime, like Sephiroth/Sub-Zero/Alucard/etc.

Edited by Jeezla

8 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Not 5 different people. Not 4, 3, or 2. You pick 1 guy/gal/it that, in your opinion, is the coolest singular anime character ever- and they can't be originally from a video game, then adapted into anime, like Sephiroth/Sub-Zero/Alucard/etc.

tumblr_pwq4345Niw1s8mph2o1_540.gifv

First one that came to mind.

I know you said just one, but all of the following are pretty cool/badass:

Mugen from Champloo, Spike from Bebop. Meruem or Killua from HxH. Mustang from FMA:B. Zoro from One Piece. Vegeta from DBZ.

I know Guts is probably one of most badass characters, but I haven't watched/read enough of Berserk to truly list him, but RIP to the mangaka Kentaro Miura who just passed away last year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

guts-a-berserk-character-analysis.jpg

• Like 2