MikeT14

They waited far too long for a sequel. I have zero interest in this. It's crazy that they're already getting Avatar 3 ready for 2024 release. You'd think they may wait to see if people show up for the 2nd. At least they got the original cast back.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, August4th said:

I wish cameron spent his time and the technology on something else. I can't take this world seriously with the way these 8 ft blue aliens look lol

A new Aliens sequel would be great...

Everyone loves to hate on Avatar, but I like it. Cameron is my favorite director ever, so I'll be seeing this too.

Cameron has lost his writing touch since he peaked with T2, so I'm glad he had a group of writers help with these sequels.

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

They waited far too long for a sequel. I have zero interest in this. It's crazy that they're already getting Avatar 3 ready for 2024 release. You'd think they may wait to see if people show up for the 2nd. At least they got the original cast back.

Only 2 and 3 are filmed and guaranteed. 4 and 5 are dependent on how 2 and 3 do.

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Am I the only one thinking that like ... the technology didn't advance as much as I expected in 13 years? 

Depends on what you expected I guess. I just re-watched Avatar a few weeks ago and this looks a good bit better.

The biggest advancements were mostly for the underwater filming. I expect a huge, amazing experience watching those scenes. Will make Aquaman look like a joke.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Depends on what you expected I guess. I just re-watched Avatar a few weeks ago and this looks a good bit better.

The biggest advancements were mostly for the underwater filming. I expect a huge, amazing experience watching those scenes. Will make Aquaman look like a joke.

I should expand on my comment. First part to the latter. That did look very cool. I expect it will awe me. As to the former, you’re probably right. I just need to go back and watch again. I watched the original transformers again recently and that was rough (for a lot of reasons)