MikeT14

On 5/9/2022 at 2:28 PM, Bullet Club said:

It looks great. It feels boring

Take into account this is just a teaser. The point was to reintroduce people to Pandora and show off the incredible CGI. The first film's teaser was the same thing.

Story is up in the air. The one thing I'm not excited about is Quaritch returning. He wasn't a bad villain, but he wasn't good enough to break the rules of the world and bring him back to life when he clearly died. I hope there's some kind of twist or amazing reasoning I can't think of involved or his return will be super underwhelming.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Story is up in the air. The one thing I'm not excited about is Quaritch returning. He wasn't a bad villain, but he wasn't good enough to break the rules of the world and bring him back to life when he clearly died. I hope there's some kind of twist or amazing reasoning I can't think of involved or his return will be super underwhelming.

I keep thinking it's flashback scenes. 

11 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Take into account this is just a teaser. The point was to reintroduce people to Pandora and show off the incredible CGI. The first film's teaser was the same thing.

Wasnt a big part of the original how that everyone who dies there becomes one with the planet, or at least the Aiwa (sp?)?

Sigourney Weaver is returning as well, so if she can be brought back in some fashion, you figure he can to.

Alot of stuff in the first one was really cheesy, so it wouldnt surprise me if the way they bring him back is really dumb.

On 5/9/2022 at 6:48 PM, seminoles1 said:

Depends on what you expected I guess. I just re-watched Avatar a few weeks ago and this looks a good bit better.

The biggest advancements were mostly for the underwater filming. I expect a huge, amazing experience watching those scenes. Will make Aquaman look like a joke.

Don’t make fun of Aquaman! It was Cameron’s best work 😆

• Like 3

The problem with the first one was that it was Dancing with Wolves essentially. And unlike a lot of Cameron’s previous movies, there wasn’t enough creativity used to overcome the feeling that we’ve seen this before. 

56 minutes ago, Xenos said:

The problem with the first one was that it was Dancing with Wolves essentially. And unlike a lot of Cameron’s previous movies, there wasn’t enough creativity used to overcome the feeling that we’ve seen this before. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRf1ujQyItCgxl53bLYuvM

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

Agreed. That's why I'm glad he brought on a writing team to help him with the sequels.

12 hours ago, 43M said:

Wasnt a big part of the original how that everyone who dies there becomes one with the planet, or at least the Aiwa (sp?)?

Sigourney Weaver is returning as well, so if she can be brought back in some fashion, you figure he can to.

Alot of stuff in the first one was really cheesy, so it wouldnt surprise me if the way they bring him back is really dumb.

Neytiri told Jake at some point that all energy is borrowed and beings give it back when they die. I'd hate to see them stretch that line of dialogue into immediate reincarnation for Quaritch.

True. I've seen reports that she's playing a new character, so I hope she's simply a representation of Eywa to Jake or something.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...