Allen Hurns leaves locker room with crutches

.Buzz

I get the fact that people think he’s making too much and want to get out from under that contract now that he has no guaranteed left, but I really hope crawling off the field isn’t the last memory we have of Hurnsy in a Jacksonville uniform. 

Just now, iPwn said:

I get the fact that people think he’s making too much and want to get out from under that contract now that he has no guaranteed left, but I really hope crawling off the field isn’t the last memory we have of Hurnsy in a Jacksonville uniform. 

Yeah, I agree. He is pretty much exactly what you want in a player.

Unfortunately, he clearly is being overpaid at this point imo. He just isn't a top 2 receiver like he showed flashes of being back in 2015, imo. If he would take a large paycut/restructure that'd be great, but he just isn't producing/getting hurt way too often to justify keeping him with guys like Colvin and ARob needing deals, potentially a QB/OL in FA, etc.

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

I'd keep him over Marqise Lee at the same money tbh.  Especially since we've already punched through the guaranteed stuff with Hurns deal.  And Lee is probably going to want more anyway.

Oh, without a doubt.

I think if we don't draft a QB rd 1, we go WR or possibly interior OL (although that need isn't as large as we most thought imo).

A-Rob needs to be back and it's becoming clear. Hopefully Dede can show a bit, but it'll be tough as a rookie coming in past the halfway mark of the season.

6 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Oh, without a doubt.

I think if we don't draft a QB rd 1, we go WR or possibly interior OL (although that need isn't as large as we most thought imo).

A-Rob needs to be back and it's becoming clear. Hopefully Dede can show a bit, but it'll be tough as a rookie coming in past the halfway mark of the season.

Yeah.  Maybe.  This WR crop is a kinda weird one, but perhaps it ends up back on the table depending what happens with these other guys, and how much faith they have in ARob coming back strong.

Archived