Charles Woodson or Ed Reed

Kiwibrown

Reed or Woodson  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Reed or Woodson

The best ball skills and probably the most talented players at their positions during their prime. Both scored a lot of touchdowns, got the ball for their teams and made spectacular plays, both made superbowls and impacted the game either on offense or special teams too.

Who would you take?

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

still Ed Reed....

I'm not trying to knock him off the perch at all. I think he is brilliant and the best fs of all time, probably the best safety of all time and one of the best defensive backs corner or safety of all time. 

He is possibly one of the most unique players of all time too.

I just like interesting comparisons, and I think there is a strong one between these two as players

Edited by Kiwibrown
  • Like 1

Tough.... I picked Charles Woodson, but either way. Reed is the GOAT Safety, Woodson has to be a Top 6-7 Corner, but also was one of the most versatile players of all time and won DPOY as a Safety. Reed had the better peak, but Woodson has a more impressive larger body of work. Overall, there is no wrong answer here IMO. 

I always really liked Ed Reed. The ultimate ballhawk and one of the greatest safeties that’s ever played.

I’d say the point that Reed had the higher peak but Woodson had the consistency and longevity at the top level is probably a fair way to look at it.

And I’m gonna be a big homer and go with Woodson, but no complaints if people pick Reed instead.